Page 533 of 827 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 12391
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I wanted to like it, I really did. It's painfully unfunny, which genuinely bums me out.
    It has its ups and downs like any sketch show, true.
    Black lady court room is classic though haha

Incredible Member

Re: BP2

The first time I ever experienced a collective GASP in a movie theater was the ending to Pirates of the Caribbean 2 when Barbossa comes down the stairs and it's like WTFFFF!!! How they gonna explain that!!

So in BP2, they should have T'Challa dead offscreen and the other characters dealing with the fallout. But then, someone dressed like BP keeps showing up from time to time. Is he friend or foe?
    Then the movie ends with the reveal that it's Killmonger! "Hey auntie" or something. Cut to black.

Tell me that wouldn't get people pumped up! Not only would it ensure BP2 and 3 crossing a billion, but given the real world implications of having to replace Boseman, I think people would more readily accept Jordan over someone new. Also, in-story they can show how Eric's time spent on the panther plane changed his character so now he's on a redemption path. Not a total good guy, but def not a terrorist anymore.

Or something like that. I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    My theory, well, hope? Is the recast is in the stinger.
    That's where I'm at. C'mon, they're going to produce plenty of dolls and It confounds me how you're going to have a BP movie without the only in character BP people know. It's not like we don't have half a dozen guys who would be great in the part.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah I won't be going.

No T'challa, no money

(unless its during the blip)

I hope those that like it, enjoy it though. I won't be one of them. I'll catch it on disney+ since I already have a subscription anyway.

I utterly refuse to spend a single dollar on anything related to this move.
    IF that's how they're going to do it then that's not something I'd want to see or support either. I've always felt a heartfelt tribute can be made along with continuing the titular characters role with another. I'm operating, until I hear different a recast is in the works. Kind of a tough secret to keep the longer this goes but I have to feel most of this movie was planned and a framework established WITH a T'challa.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Re: BP2

The first time I ever experienced a collective GASP in a movie theater was the ending to Pirates of the Caribbean 2 when Barbossa comes down the stairs and it's like WTFFFF!!! How they gonna explain that!!

So in BP2, they should have T'Challa dead offscreen and the other characters dealing with the fallout. But then, someone dressed like BP keeps showing up from time to time. Is he friend or foe?
    Then the movie ends with the reveal that it's Killmonger! "Hey auntie" or something. Cut to black.

Tell me that wouldn't get people pumped up! Not only would it ensure BP2 and 3 crossing a billion, but given the real world implications of having to replace Boseman, I think people would more readily accept Jordan over someone new. Also, in-story they can show how Eric's time spent on the panther plane changed his character so now he's on a redemption path. Not a total good guy, but def not a terrorist anymore.

Or something like that. I dunno
    Or they could just hire a new actor.

Anyone watch the Black Lady Sketch Show?
    It's pretty raw and usually this kind of comedy comes from dudes but Thede is pretty funny.
    You bet yer ass.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Or they could just hire a new actor.
    New actor playing T'Challa, you mean?
    Nah, too many comparisons to Boseman would make it a lightning rod. Like recasting Han Solo (old man version) or something.
    With Jordan, the groundwork is already laid, and who doesn't love a good Bucky type redemption story?

New actor playing T'Challa, you mean?
    Nah, too many comparisons to Boseman would make it a lightning rod. Like recasting Han Solo (old man version) or something.
    With Jordan, the groundwork is already laid, and who doesn't love a good Bucky type redemption story?
    Except Bucky earned his redemption, the things he did as the Winter Soldier were against his will. Erik wasn't brainwashed, he was a hotep with a gym membership, a redhaired stepchild with a chip on his shoulder, that and he's dead, he died before the snap, if they bring him back, people would ask "Why don't they just bring back T'challa?" That's a whole other can of worms.

Incredible Member

Except Bucky earned his redemption, the things he did as the Winter Soldier were against his will. Erik wasn't brainwashed, he was a hotep with a gym membership, a redhaired stepchild with a chip on his shoulder, that and he's dead, he died before the snap, if they bring him back, people would ask "Why don't they just bring back T'challa?" That's a whole other can of worms.
    Meh, his redemption and why he's alive is a problem for BP3. Movie magic explains all. It's not like there isn't a multiverse and time travel or anything.

Killmonger as BP is the worst suggestion i've heard.

While, actually, M'baku as BP is dumber since he doesn't even worship the Panther God so hi mrunning around in a XXXL panther suit is just... dumb but yeah

leave that hotep in the ground lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=MindofShadow;5523504]Killmonger as BP is the worst suggestion i've heard. /QUOTE]

Worst or least worst?

I'd love Jordan to come back.

Erik's only caregiver(?) was also killed by the monarchy, coldly. All that empowering stuff was just a front, the King killed his dad (brother) while lil' E was playin' ball. If MCU Erik is to be sympathized with for anything, it should be that imo.
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, neither Killmonger nor M'Baku should be BP. It totally goes against canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Erik's only caregiver(?) was also killed by the monarchy, coldly. All that empowering stuff was just a front, the King killed his dad (brother) while lil' E was playin' ball. If MCU Erik is to be sympathized with for anything, it should be that imo.
    Yeah. His mother was in prison, and N'Jobu and Undercover Zuri were actually planning to break her out but she died before they could.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, neither Killmonger nor M'Baku should be BP. It totally goes against canon.
    Is "against canon" even a thing? It's comics.

But alright, I digress

Is "against canon" even a thing? It's comics.

But alright, I digress
    M'baku as BP is against the movie canon since he worships Haruman and not Bast
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html