Page 204 of 826 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 12380
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This bloke right here.....

He beat a woman like she was a grown man, but was released on bail.

So far, the only "L" he has taken was a being fired from his job.

Although some websites have posted what is assumed to be his address, and phone number.....

Folks...walking away from someone with a gun is not a sign of cowardice.

Well according to TI-every black man in DALLAS is to blame for that woman getting hit. And of course those black man hating youtubers are joining in and forgetting about that white man.
    So white man with gun is free to attack women because it's more about calling out black men for not being able to protect all black women 24/7.

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/kwanzer/status/1109590683197689856

When uneducated trolls who claim to be black (comicgator) don't know ANYTHING.

The tweet Kwanza got was-POC don't get stuff rejected because they are POC. It's because their stuff is NO GOOD.

And Redjack's reply

tell the redacted sh*t who wrote this to kiss my entire azz.
    I am sure a lot of creators will disagree. Including those whose books have had cover CENSORED over the lead being Black.

Or whose movies and projects had to fight to keep black leads (Static Shock, Congo & Jellies on Adult Swim).

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Whatever happened to the woman cop that shot the black dude in his own hotel for no reason anyway?

Can't keep track
    Unless you're talking about a different black dude it was his own APARTMENT not hotel.

But judging by skyvolt's links most reports are leaving that part out entirely anyway. A tacit, roundabout, indirect way of defending her, perhaps, cause I'd lead with that, not omit it.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Damn they comparing Hickman's Xmen stories to GSXM #1??
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Damn they comparing Hickman's Xmen stories to GSXM #1??
    A) Has Hickman written X-Men stories yet? And B) GSXM #1 is a kinda cheesy 70's cape comic...it's not really better written than say Champions #1 or Inhumans #1 which came out at the same time. Of course, it gradually got a lot better.
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-24-2019 at 08:22 AM.

What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Misogynoir – Black Actresses Under Attack

https://stitchmediamix.com/2019/03/1...-under-attack/

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Unless you're talking about a different black dude it was his own APARTMENT not hotel.

But judging by skyvolt's links most reports are leaving that part out entirely anyway. A tacit, roundabout, indirect way of defending her, perhaps, cause I'd lead with that, not omit it.
    That was a typo, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A) Has Hickman written X-Men stories yet?
    Other than putting Sunspot in the spotlight, not too much.

He basically said he wasn't allowed to. He wanted to write X-men because they are his favorite Marvel property but he never got the books, likely because of the Fox movie deal
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

SO did the movie US just shut up everyone who claims no one would watch a horror movie with blacks as the leads?

Or are we going to see the same excuses again? Like Obama buying all those tickets or trolls taking pics of empty theaters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    SO did the movie US just shut up everyone who claims no one would watch a horror movie with blacks as the leads?

Or are we going to see the same excuses again? Like Obama buying all those tickets or trolls taking pics of empty theaters.
    I thought get out already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    From Mark Twain's introduction to the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn:

"PERSONS attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."

Look, I know that these two lawmakers' hearts are in the right place, but we will never rid the world of racism by pretending that racist attitudes never existed. Instead of banning Huck Finn, we need to discuss with students why Twain felt so comfortable using the language he used and why the N-word appears so often in the text. Ignoring racism of the past will not erase racism of the present.
    Or just TEACH SOMETHING ELSE...IM sure another book can fit the same emotional capacity 5th graders are supposed to get out of it. I would never have seen 'Tom&Huck movie if Johnathan Taylor Thomas wasn't in it and it cracks me up this book being treated as canon

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I actually thought about this when I watched Captain Marvel. Granted Marvel produced Black Panther, the colored character side kick supporting the white hero thing is a pretty tired trope.

Marvel should move away from it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Misogynoir – Black Actresses Under Attack

https://stitchmediamix.com/2019/03/1...-under-attack/

Fandom is very,very,very toxic now. Not just comics, gaming is even worse. The amount of misogyny casually thrown around on sites like YouTube is pretty crazy and some of the comments and “think pieces” I see from creators seem more in line with religious fanaticism than any logic.

It’s a by-product of the audience growing up (because kids really don’t hate) and the “radicalization of young, white men” (this is much more of a danger than people think it is). They are triggered by the mere mention of women and it’s doubly so when it’s a black woman. Even characters that aren’t race bent (like Michael Burnham on Star Trek) are subject to intense racism for no apparent reason. I mean, we see guys frothing at the mouth because Moon Girl has a solo book and we still see (on YouTube at least) the visceral hate that Riri Williams gets.

This isn’t limited to fandom though. As the article rightly points out, Meaghan Markle has been portrayed pretty disgustingly by the British press and its because she’s bi-racial. The racist conservatives for years claimed Michelle Obama was a “man” and used all sort of disgusting language on her.

The truth is, too many people are intimidated by the black woman. On average, I’m not sure there’s a more opinionated and tougher group of women than black women.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Fandom is very,very,very toxic now. Not just comics, gaming is even worse. The amount of misogyny casually thrown around on sites like YouTube is pretty crazy and some of the comments and “think pieces” I see from creators seem more in line with religious fanaticism than any logic.

It’s a by-product of the audience growing up (because kids really don’t hate) and the “radicalization of young, white men” (this is much more of a danger than people think it is). They are triggered by the mere mention of women and it’s doubly so when it’s a black woman. Even characters that aren’t race bent (like Michael Burnham on Star Trek) are subject to intense racism for no apparent reason. I mean, we see guys frothing at the mouth because Moon Girl has a solo book and we still see (on YouTube at least) the visceral hate that Riri Williams gets.

This isn’t limited to fandom though. As the article rightly points out, Meaghan Markle has been portrayed pretty disgustingly by the British press and its because she’s bi-racial. The racist conservatives for years claimed Michelle Obama was a “man” and used all sort of disgusting language on her.

The truth is, too many people are intimidated by the black woman. On average, I’m not sure there’s a more opinionated and tougher group of women than black women.
    I know you mean well and I very much agree with the rest of your post but saying that black women are "more opinionated and tougher" than any other group is a very troubling stereotype that a lot of black women have been trying to dismantle for decades. It actually does fuel horrible treatment of them like what was listed in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I know you mean well and I very much agree with the rest of your post but saying that black women are "more opinionated and tougher" than any other group is a very troubling stereotype that a lot of black women have been trying to dismantle for decades. It actually does fuel horrible treatment of them like what was listed in that post.
    Ha dude soooo true
    stay woke