Page 734 of 828 FirstFirst ... 234634684724730731732733734735736737738744784 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 12411

I really don't see how it's ghoulish to have the character die since the actor who portrayed him died. It's been done plenty of times on tv shows and movie series before. Personally, I think it's more respectful to the actor's memory than recasting the role would be.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I really don't see how it's ghoulish to have the character die since the actor who portrayed him died. It's been done plenty of times on tv shows and movie series before. Personally, I think it's more respectful to the actor's memory than recasting the role would be.
    Its the profiting off it.

Hence it being in the trailers. They are marketing a real life persons funeral for bast sake.

IMHO, if you can't recast because of "respect...." you can't make money off his name either. Yet Chadwicks face is in the trailers (marketing) and his funeral is front and center in the trailer(s)

I hope his estate is getting paid for using him to make money at least... .

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So the Black Panther film takes place during the time BP is gone during time blip. Ok...that makes sense here. Because rumors are M'Baku will be taking the mantle on as the actor was signed for a lot of films ahead.
    It's not during the blip
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-04-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Its the profiting off it.

Hence it being in the trailers. They are marketing a real life persons funeral for bast sake.

IMHO, if you can't recast because of "respect...." you can't make money off his name either. Yet Chadwicks face is in the trailers (marketing) and his funeral is front and center in the trailer(s)

I hope his estate is getting paid for using him to make money at least... .
    Well you don't know what his estate is getting and, of the family had an issue then I'm sure they (or a representative) would say so. Yet they haven't. So we don't need to think this is some "ghoulish" money grab. As Mavolio said, it's been done before as a way to respect the actor and the character they brought to life.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well you don't know what his estate is getting and, of the family had an issue then I'm sure they (or a representative) would say so. Yet they haven't. So we don't need to think this is some "ghoulish" money grab. As Mavolio said, it's been done before as a way to respect the actor and the character they brought to life.
    His own brother said recast.

respecting an actors memory by completely erasing the character he brought to life doesn't compute with me but, whatever works. (there gonna recast general ross in a hot second watch)

Agree to disagree, I'm not doing this here. Enjoy the movie.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

His own brother said recast.

respecting an actors memory by completely erasing the character he brought to life doesn't compute with me but, whatever works. (there gonna recast general ross in a hot second watch)

Agree to disagree, I'm not doing this here. Enjoy the movie.
    No, his brother didn't say that actually and people need to stop peddling that nonsense. He made a comment about Chadwick wanting the character to live on but nothing about an immediate recast or that he'd be against them moving on to Shuri.

And nothing's being "erased." That's completely inaccurate to what's happening. If anything, he's being immortalized as the character. Nobody's forgetting Chadwick lol

I don't agree with you but I genuinely hope you get your money's worth. Times of tough lol

Thanks! I do too

Angela is slaying in the trailers and it was smart to put the movie on her back because her and Lupita are the only ones that have acting chops on Chadwick's level.
    'Smart move', IT'S THE ONLY MOVE LOL. I am running out of time to see Angela Bassett on the big screen, where she belongs. She the biggest reason for me to want to pay theater price see this.

Look, these movies are for the youth, they entertain adults as well... I wish a proper T'Challa was in a movie, for reasons... He aint so it's a no from me dawg. Not the same but Spiderverse is not too far away.

We're working on the second dozen of these MCU joints and I've missed a few of them at this point, even if Plus comes in the house. Also not for nuthin, this feels 60/40 Wakanda to Namor ratio and with Riri, her percentage comes out of 1 or both and Namor isn't my jam. However I'd be lying if I said the curiosity of Ironheart isn't a thing but not that much.

My attention's moved on to Blacawkman in Black Adam, kida looking forward to it actually. Kids are out next week, prolly could get by taking the 8 year old, not the baby. Have a blast though folks.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    'Smart move', IT'S THE ONLY MOVE LOL. I am running out of time to see Angela Bassett on the big screen, where she belongs. She the biggest reason for me to want to pay theater price see this.

Look, these movies are for the youth, they entertain adults as well... I wish a proper T'Challa was in a movie, for reasons... He aint so it's a no from me dawg. Not the same but Spiderverse is not too far away.

We're working on the second dozen of these MCU joints and I've missed a few of them at this point, even if Plus comes in the house. Also not for nuthin, this feels 60/40 Wakanda to Namor ratio and with Riri, her percentage comes out of 1 or both and Namor isn't my jam. However I'd be lying if I said the curiosity of Ironheart isn't a thing but not that much.

My attention's moved on to Blacawkman in Black Adam, kida looking forward to it actually. Kids are out next week, prolly could get by taking the 8 year old, not the baby. Have a blast though folks.
    I forgot about the spider-verse sequel. Thta is 100% a yes for me, loved the first one

still don't know wha tot think about black adamn tbh....

I forgot about the spider-verse sequel. Thta is 100% a yes for me, loved the first one

still don't know wha tot think about black adamn tbh....
    Black Adam is essentially DC's Namor. He can be a good guy when he feels like it, but he doesn't lust after blondes though. (Ever notice that The Rock is pretty sexless in most of his movies?) I guess he must be a big fan because he pushed for this movie for years. It'll be interesting to see the JSA on screen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post

(Ever notice that The Rock is pretty sexless in most of his movies?)
    Lust after blondes...lol, he's Pepe Le Pew with it.

Been a while since we went around with Dwayne Johnson, that's an observation. Off the top I'd say the top 1% heavyweight action stars of the past came across that way... Johnson not a caucasian so that plays a part, he's been a family man once I think right? I think usually the story implies his having lost a woman (The Mummy) or came back to town to one like Sheriff Buford. Even Arnold only had couple love interests (albeit he played a killer robot in his most memorable movies). Huh, even in Attitude days he didn't have a valet ever. He's largely a character actor through right, that's part too. True though he's never seen runnin' up on a babe.

Mans comes across as taking himself very seriously on film and that's his strength imo. That's all you can ask of a live action Black Adam so...

Oh, and I reserve the right to steal the name ashy misogynist for my fantasy team next yer.
    Last edited by Surf; 10-04-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Hobbs and Shaw, Hobbs and Shaw's sister were essentially a thing.

Even if that's the lone example (I'm not a Rock historian so it may not be), Black Adam kinda has no choice but to be example #2 if you read the cast list of who's playing who and know anything about their comics counterparts.

The Rock also had a love interest in that Netflix film with Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot.

Didn't Dwayne sort of have Karen Gillan as his love interest for at least part of the Jumanji movies?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Black Adam is essentially DC's Namor. He can be a good guy when he feels like it, but he doesn't lust after blondes though. (Ever notice that The Rock is pretty sexless in most of his movies?) I guess he must be a big fan because he pushed for this movie for years. It'll be interesting to see the JSA on screen though.
    I don't trust DC movies anymore TBH. SS was ok, WW2 was horrendous... the only one i 100% liked was Aquaman.

(shit I just realized I never saw The Batman..... lol)

Prolly wait for HBOmax that I bum off my wife's friend to watch it lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-05-2022 at 04:37 AM.