Page 657 of 824 FirstFirst ... 157557607647653654655656657658659660661667707757 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 12354

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Theyve been found guilty. All three of them.

Not surprised at all. The defence's argument boiled down to he was a dirty (one of the defence lawyers actually mentioned Arbery's "dirty toenails") black man and he should have surrendered himself to armed lunatics.

It was a completely disastrous, racist defence.
    Can't leave out the fact that apparently an adequate defense strategy was to garner a mistrial on the basis of presenting the most racist narratives possible.

Like Derick Chauvin, these animals were rabid dogs and deserved to be put down, lay-up line **** in the broadest of sense. This small measure of justice must include that and the backdrop that historically, these are charges that wouldn't have ever been brought in the first place.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Can't leave out the fact that apparently an adequate defense strategy was to garner a mistrial on the basis of presenting the most racist narratives possible.

Like Derick Chauvin, these animals were rabid dogs and deserved to be put down, lay-up line **** in the broadest of sense. This small measure of justice must include that and the backdrop that historically, these are charges that wouldn't have ever been brought in the first place.
    If that guy did not record what happened and it got out I doubt there would have been any charges filed. Even with the video it took 2 months for an arrest.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If that guy did not record what happened and it got out I doubt there would have been any charges filed. Even with the video it took 2 months for an arrest.
    That's the part that still gets my blood boiling to this day.

Without the recording and without the uproar around it when it went public, those 3 animals would have gone scott free.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    1,000%. I know there was some shakeup at the County Government level over the ties one of these lunatics had to law enforcement but that is where this thing needs to go next.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Like Derick Chauvin, these animals were rabid dogs and deserved to be put down, lay-up line **** in the broadest of sense. This small measure of justice must include that and the backdrop that historically, these are charges that wouldn't have ever been brought in the first place
    Absolutely.

It's a small step but more of these sort of animals (i can't call them people) need to be weeded out of society.

1,000%. I know there was some shakeup at the County Government level over the ties one of these lunatics had to law enforcement but that is where this thing needs to go next.
    Yes I agree. Tami in the politics thread posted some good links on the mishandling of this case from the start. If you havnt read them I say please do. They were really eye opening.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It was the ties to law enforcement that one of the defendants had that forced two prosecutors to recuse themselves from the case.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Absolutely.

It's a small step but more of these sort of animals (i can't call them people) need to be weeded out of society.
    The irony is they think of themselves as civilized. Because society has bent over to tell them so

In 1999, author Alice Sebold wrote her emotional memoir Lucky, in which she detailed being raped and beaten by a stranger when she was eighteen, near the Syracuse University campus. Now, the man convicted of that rape is being exonerated.

The man, Anthony J. Broadwater, was exonerated on Monday as a state judge, his defense lawyers, and the Onondaga County district attorney agreed “that the case against him had been woefully flawed,” according to reporting from The New York Times.
    A mixture of junk science and faulty police work is seen as responsible for this failure in justice. Broadwater’s conviction was apparently based on two things: A type of identification through microscopic hair analysis—something that is now seen as faulty—and Sebold’s in-court identification.

Sebold had first identified another man in a police lineup, but changed her mind when the original prosecutors untruthfully told her that Broadwater and the misidentified man had purposely tried to trick and confuse her. Sadly, when it comes to identification across racial lines (Sebold is white, and Broadwater is Black) the risk of wrongful ID is higher.
    As pointed out by The Innocence Project, “42 percent of wrongful convictions based on misidentifications are cross-racial misidentifications,” and that tends to only be found out by DNA analysis and later post-conviction work.

State Supreme Court Justice Gordon J. Cuffy overturned Mr. Broadwater’s conviction of first-degree rape and five related charges, which means he will no longer be categorized as a sex offender. In response to this, so far, Ms. Sebold had no comment on the decision, and a spokesman for Scribner, the publisher of Lucy, said that the publisher had no plans to update the text with any information concerning this change.
    https://www.themarysue.com/rape-conv...ky-overturned/
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-26-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Funny enough, I was just reading about this story this morning.

I feel so, so, so sorry for Mr Broadwater. The prosecution basically "forced" Sebold into identifying him as the suspect (she literally couldn't pick him out of a line up) and pretty much ruined his life. That's another black man that was sent to jail for something that he didn't even do.

My question now is will there be any consequences for the Prosecution and Police that were involved in this case?

Funny enough, I was just reading about this story this morning.

I feel so, so, so sorry for Mr Broadwater. The prosecution basically "forced" Sebold into identifying him as the suspect (she literally couldn't pick him out of a line up) and pretty much ruined his life. That's another black man that was sent to jail for something that he didn't even do.

My question now is will there be any consequences for the Prosecution and Police that were involved in this case?
    At most he will get a settlement from the city that will... come out of tax money lol

I still think a simple "change" for police is making them carry malpractice insurance that they/the unions have to pay for.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    At most he will get a settlement from the city that will... come out of tax money lol

I still think a simple "change" for police is making them carry malpractice insurance that they/the unions have to pay for.
    That's a good idea, but not sure insurance companies would issue those policies because they would compete with a much more lucrative business insuring city governments. In a sense, it is what cities do for large settlements - they already don't tax their richest sources enough to support a major settlement, so they use our tax money for insurance policies that are still lucrative for the insurers even after large payouts. Then, of course, the police and city or municipality go to work writing tickets and citations usually impacting the same communities that suffer most from aggressive police abuses.

Ultimate Member

The title is a little "clickbaity"...the vid is really just about how the code had a problem about this particular EC story

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Looking forward to giving this a read!