Page 399 of 824 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 12353
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YES.....

You have to be careful going into it at times. It can be a bit too adult at times.

It can be very educational and informative when need to be.

I have gotten more drawing ideas from there as well.

And love for black heroes-will show you how much money DC and Marvel is NOT getting by not tossing out merchandise with black heroes.

I know that is where I saw the custom Static Jordans.

Duke Thomas fan art is there.
    Where is a link to this Duke Thomas fanart on this mythical Black Tumblr?

A trailer for Netflix's Lupin series starring Omar Sy. No it is not an adaptation of the Lupin the Third manga.

Pretty happy for Omar, never thought he would have such an interesting career back then, when he started in a comedy duo with Fred, around the end of the last millennia.

Now that's a success story.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

A trailer for Netflix's Lupin series starring Omar Sy. No it is not an adaptation of the Lupin the Third manga.

Looks like Lupin is still a fictional character. It's just someone inspired by Lupin.

Good take
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/girlfriends...t-health-scare

Girlfriends star Reggie Hayes recently suffered a health scare.

In a new interview with Chicago Tribune, Hayes, who played William Jerrowme Dent, Esq., talked about having congestive heart failure. “I was in the hospital overnight, they were having trouble getting my blood pressure back down," he told the outlet. “Seems like the more they look, the more problems they find. The good thing is, I don't have coronavirus."

Hayes' health problem is just one of the issues Hayes has been affected by. He told the Tribune that he has had trouble finding work in the decade after Girlfriends finished airing, saying his time out of work is "not my most proud time."

“I had starred on this long-running show but I wasn't Matt LeBlanc or one of the other kids from Friends who had doors opening for them after their show ended," he said. “Pretty much, I was just another guy."

He also said that talk of a Girlfriends spinoff, in which he would star, would come and go without follow-through. “I was getting a lot of winks and nods about that, and it just didn’t work out,' he explained.

As a result, he said had to sell his house, which he was remodeling at the time of the show's cancellation, and moved to "a little bungalow in a sketchy area and people would come by: 'What the hell are you doing here?'"

“Those were pretty awful years," he said. “I made it work with my little residual checks for a year and then I ended up moving into my sister's garage for six years." He booked a few guest roles after the show but said it wasn't enough to get by. To make ends meet, he tried working as a bouncer, but he said “everyone in the club wanted their picture taken with me." Hayes also cited the situation with Geoffery Owens and how actors would end up on the internet for having day jobs.

This week's Lovecraft Country was so awesome. It was just over the top wishfulfillment BS. At first I thought it was stupid, but it kept amping up and I realized what was going on.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

The official Power Rangers Twitter has revealed the names and faces of the Red, Pink and Blue Rangers for Dino Fury.

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...61657137979392

Red - Russel Curry

Pink - Hunter Deno

Blue - Kai Moya

Pink and Blue share their names with Hunter from Ninja Storm and Kai from Lost Galaxy. Not the first time they've had Rangers with names from previous Rangers but this is the first time they've had a Ranger with the same name as an old one with the same color.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Facts now they just need to cass Doctor Fate correctly
    Hopefully an Arab or Persian actor will be cast for Dr. Fate.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    This week's Lovecraft Country was so awesome. It was just over the top wishfulfillment BS. At first I thought it was stupid, but it kept amping up and I realized what was going on.
    Maaaan, Lovecraft country/LC has been on point from start to finish with the one exception....perhaps Nick picking on my part...showing ONLY blacks killing Asians in ep6 "Meet me in Daegu" despite being a truly superb ep in itself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    BM cast as Hawkman, BW cast as Tinkerbell and Jonathan Majors hinting at Kang... Twitter's about to blow up.
    Racebending white characters does not benefit blacks....it just makes us equally wrong as those white who did blackface and racebend Asian characters to be played by white people.

Wtf was Idris Elba doing playing a white Norse mythology European god in the Thor movies?

It's insulting to the natives of that cultural mythology but airheads are all chairing ....forgetting the EQUALITY swings both ways....next thing u know there is a movie or series based on African gods only to see Tom Cruise is amongst them. All of a sudden u see contradictory ultra-hypocrites crying "racism".

Why not just use originally created non-white characters?

A perfect example from comics is mr.terrific/Michael Holt MTMH....there was an earlier first and original Mr terrific who is white, but they created a new original and separate non-white character. They didn't racebend the original....same was done with the creation of Miles Morales Spiderman, they did not racebend Peter Parker.

I am NOT pleased that Majors will play Kang which VERY HEAVILY IMPLIES that one of the fantastic 4 will be black....why can't Majors play an actually originally created black supervillian like Moses Magnum and/or Noah Black/Centurius?..and just boost that character with good writing and great showings.

If a cheap run-of-the-mill tired and trodden halloween gimmick villain like Goblin/Osborn can be written and exhibited to formidable acclaim and applause (like in Dark Siege era).....then *ANY* character irrespective or race, gender, religion, nationality or sexuality can be given the same treatment without the unnecessary use of bend-baiting.

"No such thing as a bad character, just bad writers"

Just my opinion folks....peace!
    Last edited by Besouro; 09-28-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    It's like any line, some titles weren't as strong but i don't know about avoid per se.

Those four would get you a pretty comprehensive view of the universe though.

I didn't love Shadow Cabinet, but that's essentially the Avengers/JLA of the Dakotaverse.

Also, Milestone Returns is releasing early next year, so you can check out the rebooted Dakotaverse.
    I quite liked Shadow Cabinet that had the somewhat insidious semi-dark tone that was bizarre and intriguing at the same time but I feel Stormwatch and The Authority took that baton and went full FTL with it leaving Shadow Cabinet in the dust.

Definitely prefer the tone and plot and powers concepts the authority and Stormwatch to the traditional superhero fair of JL and/or Avengers.....now I want Shadow Cabinet to follow that same route as storm watch and authority did.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Racebending white characters does not benefit blacks....it just makes us equally wrong as those white who did blackface and racebend Asian characters to be played by white people.

Wtf was Idris Elba doing playing a white Norse mythology European god in the Thor movies?
    There is no comparing blackface...which was about belittling and mocking black people...to comic book characters being "racebent". If you don't like it that's cool, but no need for hyperbole.

As for Idris playing Heimdall. Easy answer. The mcu Asgardians are not European gods. They're alien beings that were worshipped as gods by humans in the past.

I am NOT pleased that Majors will play Kang which VERY HEAVILY IMPLIES that one of the fantastic 4 will be black....why can't Majors play an actually originally created black supervillian like Moses Magnum and/or Noah Black/Centurius?..and just boost that character with good writing and great showings.
    It doesn't imply that at all. Kang is from 2000 or so years in the future. You think a black guy can't have a white ancestor? It's very possible I (a black guy), like many other Black Americans, have a white ancestor from less than two centuries ago thanks to American slavery and the rape of enslaved African women. I'm not saying they won't racebend a member of the FF, but Kang being black doesn't mean they will. For all we know Kang isn't even related to Richards in the mcu.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

It's insulting to the natives of that cultural mythology but airheads are all chairing ....forgetting the EQUALITY swings both ways....next thing u know there is a movie or series based on African gods only to see Tom Cruise is amongst them. All of a sudden u see contradictory ultra-hypocrites crying "racism".

Why not just use originally created non-white characters?

A perfect example from comics is mr.terrific/Michael Holt MTMH....there was an earlier first and original Mr terrific who is white, but they created a new original and separate non-white character. They didn't racebend the original....same was done with the creation of Miles Morales Spiderman, they did not racebend Peter Parker.

If a cheap run-of-the-mill tired and trodden halloween gimmick villain like Goblin/Osborn can be written and exhibited to formidable acclaim and applause (like in Dark Siege era).....then *ANY* character irrespective or race, gender, religion, nationality or sexuality can be given the same treatment without the unnecessary use of bend-baiting.

"No such thing as a bad character, just bad writers"

Just my opinion folks....peace!
    We already had a black Johnny Storm and when the movie came out, the general audience weren't bothered by that. They were bothered with how boring the film was.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    There is no comparing blackface...which was about belittling and mocking black people...to comic book characters being "racebent". If you don't like it that's cool, but no need for hyperbole.

As for Idris playing Heimdall. Easy answer. The mcu Asgardians are not European gods. They're alien beings that were worshipped as gods by humans in the past.

It doesn't imply that at all. Kang is from 2000 or so years in the future. You think a black guy can't have a white ancestor? It's very possible I (a black guy), like many other Black Americans, have a white ancestor from less than two centuries ago thanks to American slavery and the rape of enslaved African women. I'm not saying they won't racebend a member of the FF, but Kang being black doesn't mean they will. For all we know Kang isn't even related to Richards in the mcu.
    Asgaedians are, have been and will ALWAYS BE European gods...claiming they are not in any way matter or form is the REAL HYPERBOLE here.

If Milestone had an African Orisha god pantheon in the comics the cast Donnie Yen or Tom Cruise to play one of these African gods in the live action.....will that excuse that YOU as spouting fly? ...where someone can say "These are aliens than happen to be called Orishas and oh wait....happen to be 99% black except for whatever African god Donnie Yen or Cruise is playing."

Will blacks accept that?

We ALL know the answer which is NO....It will be a mass riot.....so why not *equally* give the same respect of authenticity to other people's literal cultural and mythological figures? Or does equality only go one way to "blacks only"?

If an explanation in the Marvel Thor movies was given as to happen a black guy BECAME an Asgardian(a non-mythological figure not part of Norse mythology...an original character)...it would have been respectful but nope they handle it with the politeness of smashing an anvil on a egg.

By disrespecting other people's culture you are degrading, debasing and belittling them which is how I equate it (racebending) to black face.

Now Aldis Hodge has been cast to play the traditionally and perpetually portrayed White (or possibly Arab given Egyptian origins) character Hawkman......wtf....y?

Same with Kang.

Imagine a native American or asian is cast to play Static or Miles Morales or Vixen or Rocket or John Stewart or Cyborg.....would u accept that ????....blacks will blow up in rage.

Contradicting hypocrisy at it's purest!!!

Racebending does not help us.