Page 661 of 824 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 12354

Paramount Pictures Lands Rights To Tomi Adeyemi Best-Selling YA Book Series ‘Children Of Blood And Bone’

Following a bidding war that saw several major players in the mix, Paramount Pictures has landed the rights to the Children of Blood and Bone trilogy, the action fantasy film based on the bestselling YA novels by Tomi Adeyemi.

Adeyemi will adapt, pen the script and also executive produce. Paramount Pictures is fast-tracking this big-screen adaptation with Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen of Temple Hill Entertainment and Karen Rosenfelt of Sunswept Entertainment producing. Children of Blood and Bone and its sequel Children of Virtue and Vengeance are published by Henry Holt Books for Young Readers, a Macmillan imprint, and sources say the third and final book in the trilogy will be published in 2023.
    https://deadline.com/2022/01/paramou...ne-1234908812/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Paramount Pictures Lands Rights To Tomi Adeyemi Best-Selling YA Book Series ‘Children Of Blood And Bone’

https://deadline.com/2022/01/paramou...ne-1234908812/
    I guess that Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm was a little too quick on the draw when she announced the project for Disney a few years back.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I guess that Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm was a little too quick on the draw when she announced the project for Disney a few years back.
    The article says Disney let the rights lapse. Hopefully Paramount is actually interested in making movies with the property.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

The Backlash Against Sunisa Lee’s Interracial Relationship Is All Too Familiar to Asian Women

Sunisa Lee, a Hmong-American, Olympic gold medalist gymnast, and Auburn University freshman, is in a relationship, and a lot of people have taken it upon themselves to have opinions about this. For any woman of color, and certainly for Asian women, it’s not hard to guess why: Lee is in an interracial relationship with Jaylin Smith, who is Black and a fellow student athlete at USC.

At the end of December, Lee posted photos of the couple on her Instagram, which was met with a deluge of hateful comments. Lee turned off comments on the post, and when a fan posted a TikTok video in support of Lee, writing, “I know that Sunisa will be judged by certain eyes in the Hmong Community because her man is Black. LOVE is LOVE, no matter what race or gender you are,” Lee responded with the comment, “This makes me so happy. I’ve received so much hate [crying emoji] They support me when it’s beneficial for them never when it comes to my happiness. Thank you!”

As Lee’s reply implies, much of the “hate” she’s received comes from her own community. Many Asian women are accused, often by Asian men, of “hating themselves” or being “race traitors” if they’re partnered with non-Asian men. Some of the leading perpetrators of this racist, sexist harassment are the increasingly vocal “MRAsians,” or “men’s rights Asians,” who primarily convene in Asian identity Reddit threads. They purport to fight back against the very real issue of anti-Asian racism, but more often than not, that entails bullying Asian women for allegedly choosing white men or non-Asian men over them. Many users on the astoundingly toxic r/AsianMasculinity Reddit are already lashing out at Lee for her reply to the TikTok video, parroting familiar MRAsian talking points about Asian women’s supposed failure to support Asian men.
    https://jezebel.com/the-backlash-aga...ons-1848342074
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-18-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

The Backlash Against Sunisa Lee’s Interracial Relationship Is All Too Familiar to Asian Women

I understand Asian men's frustration with being demonized, mocked, and maligned by Eurocentric media, and even by Black people, while Asian women are creepily sexualized by that same media. Bashing all interracial relationships is the answer

Incredible Member

Anyone watching South Side on HBO? It's a 20-30 min comedy about a rent-to-own furniture store in Chicago. Thought it was hilarious. 2 seasons so far.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Anyone watching South Side on HBO? It's a 20-30 min comedy about a rent-to-own furniture store in Chicago. Thought it was hilarious. 2 seasons so far.
    Yep yep one of my favorite shows

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I understand Asian men's frustration with being demonized, mocked, and maligned by Eurocentric media, and even by Black people, while Asian women are creepily sexualized by that same media. Bashing all interracial relationships is the answer
    I normally wouldn't point this out given my own writing mistakes, but you may want to fix that typo.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    South Side is my ****. I'm working through S2 slowly cause I don't wanna burn through them all. Ol girl is SO FINE, the cop. I just found out her and the other creator are married in real life. The S1 with the spades and wings tournament still cracks me up tough. The Ottoman episode is my favorite of all of them so far but again I haven't worked both seasons yet. Oddly enough I don't dig Sherman's Showcase as much as I do South Side, it's from the same dudes so Ima have to give it another try.

I just started watching The Wonder Years reboot and I really think it's funny. It's pretty raw at times lol, my 7 year old has already asked me about a joke from one of the episodes and I was all, 'Ehhhhhh, don't worry bout it.' OG Kevin Arnold was my guy, even though he was an ******* but I really dig this show. Plus, dude that was in Psych is the Dad, didn't watch that show cause I thought it was just as corny as Scrubs but he's good in this. Shoutout to him.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

This is one of those things, no matter the race, where it really is a 'both sides" situation.

anytime you get interracial couples, a certain segment of both races get pissed. doesn't matter if its white ,black, asian
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    South Side is my ****. I'm working through S2 slowly cause I don't wanna burn through them all. Ol girl is SO FINE, the cop. I just found out her and the other creator are married in real life. The S1 with the spades and wings tournament still cracks me up tough. The Ottoman episode is my favorite of all of them so far but again I haven't worked both seasons yet. Oddly enough I don't dig Sherman's Showcase as much as I do South Side, it's from the same dudes so Ima have to give it another try.
    Yeah Turner and Goodnight are a great duo.
    Season 2 has 30 min eps, compared to 20 min for S1, and I think it's not as tight as a result. Still hilarious though. The tornado ep was so good. When the fortune teller gets his finger stuck in the door I just cracked up, even though it's such a small thing haha
    Last edited by newparisian; 01-20-2022 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is one of those things, no matter the race, where it really is a 'both sides" situation.

anytime you get interracial couples, a certain segment of both races get pissed. doesn't matter if its white ,black, asian
    Sure, I also feel one of these groups is not like the others. By and large I feel brothas have the least issue with any of it. I've got a cousin of cousin that I call cuz and dude's wife looks like an extra from the My Name is Earl sitcom, with behavior to match. That's my mans though and when I see them it's all love, his two girls are even round the same age as mine. I don't even wanna hear no comments from my wife (who honestly, really ain't that type) about chick. Now, to myself I can say whateverinthefk I need to say but even then, it's not on racial lines. I ain't talkin' about extremes neither, I don't have potnas that traffic much in the Dr. Umar space, so discounting that crowd I think as whole I think the fellas tend to me less judgemental, openly or otherwise then women or even the other dudes. Also by other dudes I mean the white guys, of course their are pockets, at my age we're all Hip-Hop 30+ years in and that did make an impact fwiw.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I disagree because the criticism tends to come from the nonblack side. Most Asian/Black couples tend to have criticism from the Asian side. It's much worse if you're an asian woman.

I'm not denying Black on Asian racism exists. I'm just saying Asian on Black racism is more common.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-20-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I disagree because the criticism tends to come from the nonblack side. Most Asian/Black couples tend to have criticism from the Asian side. It's much worse if you're an asian woman.

I'm not denying Black on Asian racism exists. I'm just saying Asian on Black racism is more common.
    oh i meant all potential types rather than just asians.

black dude with white woman and the hate comes out fast from black women for example. switch it around and it sthe same from black men.

the ignorant sections of the races comes out fast in mixed couples.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/craig-of-th...artoon-network

Craig of the Creek gets season 5 and a movie and a spinoff.

I wonder how a certain blogger (initials SJ) feels about this.

This is the show he called the creators white supremist and the show encourage abused towards black girls. Now it's in year 5 with a spinoff and movie.