Page 392 of 827 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    If being Cajun is an important part of Gambit's character then I feel like changing him to creole might not be the best thing. Since the two groups both have different cultures and history.
    Pretty sure being Cajun only matters when he drops a french word every once in awhile lolol. cher

I'm sure once they race bent him, X fans would suddenly scream it was sooooooooooooooo important to the character

Gambit is one of my fav X dudes... and as long as he throws explosive cards, has a stick, Thieves Guild, and keeps his midly annoying X-Men animated personality, im good lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    If being Cajun is an important part of Gambit's character then I feel like changing him to creole might not be the best thing. Since the two groups both have different cultures and history.
    Gambit being from the New Orleans area it is more fitting to call him Creole than Cajun, and now a days the biggest difference between the two cultures is how dark you make your roux. it really is not a stretch to make him Creole, he can keep speaking French and making comments about gumbo and such but his skin will be a little darker. The french he spoke in the animated series was more the smooth Creole French than the rough Cajun French anyway.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 09-16-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Its ironic that Mulan had a disappointing box office debut in China after changing so much from the animated version to appeal more to the Chinese market. With the Chinese government baring the media there from covering the movie due to the Xinjiang backlash and the low box office turn out Disney will most likely lose money on the movie now.
    That's a triple bang, GOOD. It's just one movie but there are long-standing and far reaching issues with how we in the US are so indebted to the Government of China, that for one, has run counter to all the Nationalistic BS we've had put in our face in America, especially by way of Black folks for sooo long... It's one thing to be beholden to a wildly oppressive regime and then another to change our medium, first, in order to cater to that same governments rules over what it's people see.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I would not have a problem with Gambit being a person of color or mixed race. When I read him the first few times I thought why isnt he at least mixed? Sadly the hardcore nuts and the so called pure fans would lose their **** if this happened.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I would rather Marvel use the many mutants or mutates who are Black than racebending Gambit. It's been about 30 years at this point. Imagine if instead of Marvel pushing Black Panther they had decided to racebend Steve Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would not have a problem with Gambit being a person of color or mixed race. When I read him the first few times I thought why isnt he at least mixed? Sadly the hardcore nuts and the so called pure fans would lose their **** if this happened.
    Is there a reason you can't/won't say black? The convo started with Kang being black, Mindofshadow posited "hey lets make some X-Men black", since, again, they're making Kang specifically black and it went from there. Kinda curious cause you and oops both have been doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Is there a reason you can't/won't say black? The convo started with Kang being black, Mindofshadow posited "hey lets make some X-Men black", since, again, they're making Kang specifically black and it went from there. Kinda curious cause you and oops both have been doing that.
    I have no problem saying black. I just use person of color more often. I hear that term used a lot so growing up so that is what I use. I mean no disrespect it is just what I am used to. If it offensive I will not use that term anymore. I just dont know.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-16-2020 at 12:07 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I would rather Marvel use the many mutants or mutates who are Black than racebending Gambit. It's been about 30 years at this point. Imagine if instead of Marvel pushing Black Panther they had decided to racebend Steve Rogers.
    Other than Storm and to a lesser extent Bishop not many black X-Men have the exposure or marketing that Black Panther in the comic books. Synch would be great but I don't seem them making him anything more than a member of the team as Bishop was in Days of Futures Past or as Strom was in the last two movies
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I have no problem saying black. I just use person of color more often. I hear that term used a lot so growing up so that is what I use. I mean no disrespect it is just what I am used to. If it offensive I will not use that term anymore. I just dont know.
    I understand. The problem I was having (and for the record its not personal I was seriously curious) is that not being specific tends to shift the convo away from what we're talking about. That and I notice that never happens typically when talking about other minorities EXCEPT black people.

But cool, again, understood. I know where you're coming from.

It would be cool to see Bishop on the team. maybe instead of doing the tired Days of Future Past story with him you can tie him into Kang since he is rumored to be in The Mcu next. Like have him be a former member of Kang's forces or comes back in time. have him enlist The Xmens help to stop Kang and really set Kang up as not just an Avengers problem but a MCU problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I understand. The problem I was having (and for the record its not personal I was seriously curious) is that not being specific tends to shift the convo away from what we're talking about. That and I notice that never happens typically when talking about other minorities EXCEPT black people.

But cool, again, understood. I know where you're coming from.
    Thanks for asking and being respectful. I just didnt understand. I will be more conscious of this in the future. It was never my intent to take away from the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Bishop doesn't really fit on a main xmen team. To do him right, you gotta set up cable and him a bit.

Storm will be used bc she has to be. She is the Xmen version of Black panther.

Other than that, who really has the juice to be more than a background character? There is no "black panther" for black male xmen. They all kinda suck.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bishop doesn't really fit on a main xmen team. To do him right, you gotta set up cable and him a bit.

Other than that, who really has the juice to be more than a background character? There is no "black panther" for black male xmen. They all kinda suck.
    I can see what you're getting at. I looked up Gentle and his powers were underwhelming. But since it's a movie what's to stop a good screenwriter or director from building up the characters they do have or even introducing a new one in the film? They don't have to make the mistakes the comics did (poor handing of Darwin aside).

Thanks for asking and being respectful. I just didnt understand. I will be more conscious of this in the future. It was never my intent to take away from the topic.
    To be fair, your intent now that you've explained it, seems sincere. Sadly that's rare. When others do that...its, well..."Let's talk about something REALLY important." But if you continue I (and I suspect others) will know where you're coming from, so its up to you.

It would be cool to see Bishop on the team. maybe instead of doing the tired Days of Future Past story with him you can tie him into Kang since he is rumored to be in The Mcu next. Like have him be a former member of Kang's forces or comes back in time. have him enlist The Xmens help to stop Kang and really set Kang up as not just an Avengers problem but a MCU problem.
    Agreed. Hopefully we'll see Bishop if Marvel's gonna mess around with time travel big time now.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Why do we always have to have Cable and Bishop? Why not try something new.