Page 426 of 824 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 12354
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Carl Weathers directed the most recent episode of The Mandalorian. Glad he let the gray back into his face as opposed to the Season 1 appearance with all the Dark and natural on his face.
    I'm honestly just glad he's still getting work.

Hollywood isn't generally kind to aging black actors that aren't named Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Hollywood isn't generally kind to aging black actors that aren't named Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington.
    I don't think i've seen him in anything since... Happy Gilmore?

you forgot forrest whitaker lol!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Hmm, good pull. Actually Forrest Whitaker imo is the new Mogan Freeman.

Please no one disrespect Lou Gossett Jr. or Danny Glover. Yes, I know at this point we're in the Great Value brand selections but still.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Don't forget Sam Jackson
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

While it didn't last long, I believe that a District Attorney character he was playing on Chicago P.D. was in the cast of an attempted spinoff that didn't really gain any traction.

And seriously?

You're telling me you couldn't have thrown the guy a guest spot in fifteen seasons of Supernatural?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    And seriously?

You're telling me you couldn't have thrown the guy a guest spot in fifteen seasons of Supernatural?
    i scarcely watched that show after the third season- so how many black guest actors or recurring characters did they have over the years? Seems like anybody from the 70s forward who was still alive could have been a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i scarcely watched that show after the third season- so how many black guest actors or recurring characters did they have over the years? Seems like anybody from the 70s forward who was still alive could have been a candidate.
    If you'll take it back to the beginning...

- Sterling K. Brown/Gordon Walker
    - Steven Williams/Rufus Turner
    - Caroline Chekezie/Tamara
    - Peter Macon/Issac
    - Loretta Devine/Missouri Moseley

That said, it seems like those characters are all season four or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you'll take it back to the beginning...

- Sterling K. Brown/Gordon Walker
    - Steven Williams/Rufus Turner
    - Caroline Chekezie/Tamara
    - Peter Macon/Issac
    - Loretta Devine/Missouri Moseley

That said, it seems like those characters are all season four or earlier.
    They've had quite a few through all 15 seasons, they've all been predominantly evil (their characters), though. We got heroic black leads in the two backdoor pilots (season 9 and 13, "Bloodlines" and "Wayward Sisters" respectively), that were never seen again once the shows weren't picked up.

So, it might have been a good thing Carl Weathers never appeared on the show. But I'm not sure if they ever considered him or if he was even interested.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 11-23-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Whining about white people not being able to use ethnic hair styles on their Animal Crossing make believe people is just... come on. This is worth "activists" time and stress? Animal Crossing afro puffs??
    The people saying that weren't even Black, just ignore them. Their white savior complex was showing.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Whining about white people not being able to use ethnic hair styles on their Animal Crossing make believe people is just... come on. This is worth "activists" time and stress? Animal Crossing afro puffs??
    I'm reminded of when reports about a Gotham PD show was came out, TMS put out an article about WB not "reading the room". Never mind that such a show would be about how incompetent and corrupt the GCPD is or that such a show would focus on Renee Montonya and Crispus Allen.

In fact, I expect we'll soon be getting some hot takes about how we need to cancel those characters as well as John Stewart for being cops.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    The people saying that weren't even Black, just ignore them. Their white savior complex was showing.
    I saw that Twitter myself. Just utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not looking forward to the really stupid takes about how the show was doomed because they focused on Lynn and the girls as well as Jefferson.

Oh well. A four season show isn't necessarily bad. Hopefully, they can stick the landing.

Sometimes u just have to ignore the stupidity

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Static was not a rating issue. Only Digimon had higher ratings.

Static was never cancelled. It did not have the funding for another season. Same issue with Cartoon Network's He-Man series.

They need toy sales to keep them on the air.

NOBODY wanted to do Static toys. Milestone had been trying since 1994 for toys and yes there were sketches of those figures including Kobalt made. Along with an Icon protype that was seen in an unsold ABC pilot in 1995.

Nobody thought a black toy line could sale. Let alone black figures.

Yet go down the toy isle and see HOW MANY obscure guys at Marvel & DC with figures. Rock Python can get a figure that is SOLD at Wal-Mart. Static has yet to have reach Wal-Mart.
    Gotta say that even the above being the reasoning behind both shows cancellation (that 2002 He-Man show was the bomb, an excellent modern retelling of an iconic animated series, that got canned far too soon, also), that's cold comfort considering what the shows were worth and would have been worth had they been allowed to continue and grow. And considering we haven't heard a peep out of Static Animation-wise in forever, sans what he got during Season 2 of Young Justice (his role is significantly diminished in Season 3) which itself has been a good while ago by now (and was just Virgil and none the people who became iconic along with him like his family, Richie/Gear, and all of the other people and antagonists he interacted with), it just feels like something should have been done harder to keep the Static Shock show afloat and running.

Frankly, we shoulda been done had multiple interpretations on the concept in animation. (Same for Jaime, who also should have had an animated series to himself that ran the gamut between mystical and extraterrestrial by now.)

Astonishing Member

anyting is better than autism as a superpower
    This feels random and out of place... And even with context, I get the feeling that this would still come off as random and likely out of place.