Page 32 of 827 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    And that "intruder" is none other than...Elliot Stabler. Roll credits with "Thanks for 20 Years" at the end.
    Actually it would be nice if Stabler did come back for this. An older , more mentally stable ...Stabler who is rehired. They did this with SVU with Cragen who had been fired off L&O and seemingly was gone. A lot of the older characters come back. Noth came back as Logan on Criminal Intent.

Which makes me miss CI. Yeah the show became the Goren mystery show too much at times. But it had its moments.

Hate Crimes could be a show that really in today's era shows the rise in hate were seeing across the country. Maybe its why Wolf and NBC are doing this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Actually it would be nice if Stabler did come back for this. An older , more mentally stable ...Stabler who is rehired. They did this with SVU with Cragen who had been fired off L&O and seemingly was gone. A lot of the older characters come back. Noth came back as Logan on Criminal Intent.

Which makes me miss CI. Yeah the show became the Goren mystery show too much at times. But it had its moments.

Hate Crimes could be a show that really in today's era shows the rise in hate were seeing across the country. Maybe its why Wolf and NBC are doing this.
    I think Meloni is done with the L&O universe, though I could have sworn he said he'd be open to appear in the series finale of SVU, whenever that happens. I immediately thought of that when Malvolio made his post. lol

CI was actually designed to be "what if Sherlock Holmes existed in the L&O universe", which actually seems short sighted in retrospect cause no one L&O should depend on ONE character. D'onofrio famously fainting from being overworked ironically morphed it into the show it should have been all along, the split-format teams.

As for Hate Crimes, I said this on the TV/News board but I think they're setting it up to be a successor to SVU. Not to say SVU is going anywhere per se, and I think they will run them concurrent with each other maybe even on the same night. Its just the goal for Wolf has been to have an L&O exceed Gunsmoke in longest-running live-action scripted American prime-time series with ongoing characters (seasons not episodes). This upcoming season ties it with SVU, the 2019-2020 season will have SVU break that tie. Its not like they'll say "Yay we did it cancel SVU now" but after that many seasons actors MAY want to move on. Or they may want to stay till stars burn up, who knows, but having a potential successor NOW, just in case, makes sense.

As for the show itself...I gave up on SVU making sense a while ago. I set the bar low for SVU, and they cleared it by finally (for the most part) not making their squad a catch all (i.e. SVU doesn't also handle homicides). That kinda bugged me about CSI too (the spinoffs mostly) but anyway as long as they keep that to a minimal and well Ice-T is there I'll be there. So I'll set a similar low bar for Hate Crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Actually it would be nice if Stabler did come back for this. An older , more mentally stable ...Stabler who is rehired.
    Only way i could see Stabler on an LO show is because there were a string of pedo deaths and it all links back to him because he went Punisher lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I think Meloni is done with the L&O universe, though I could have sworn he said he'd be open to appear in the series finale of SVU, whenever that happens. I immediately thought of that when Malvolio made his post. lol

CI was actually designed to be "what if Sherlock Holmes existed in the L&O universe", which actually seems short sighted in retrospect cause no one L&O should depend on ONE character. D'onofrio famously fainting from being overworked ironically morphed it into the show it should have been all along, the split-format teams.

As for Hate Crimes, I said this on the TV/News board but I think they're setting it up to be a successor to SVU. Not to say SVU is going anywhere per se, and I think they will run them concurrent with each other maybe even on the same night. Its just the goal for Wolf has been to have an L&O exceed Gunsmoke in longest-running live-action scripted American prime-time series with ongoing characters (seasons not episodes). This upcoming season ties it with SVU, the 2019-2020 season will have SVU break that tie. Its not like they'll say "Yay we did it cancel SVU now" but after that many seasons actors MAY want to move on. Or they may want to stay till stars burn up, who knows, but having a potential successor NOW, just in case, makes sense.

As for the show itself...I gave up on SVU making sense a while ago. I set the bar low for SVU, and they cleared it by finally (for the most part) not making their squad a catch all (i.e. SVU doesn't also handle homicides). That kinda bugged me about CSI too (the spinoffs mostly) but anyway as long as they keep that to a minimal and well Ice-T is there I'll be there. So I'll set a similar low bar for Hate Crimes.
    I figure they are going to for Hate Crimes what they would have done in the 90's: it'll be the Neo-Nazi of the week interwoven with outright Nazis, Klansmen and the occasional Japanese trespassing against a Korean so White viewers don't feel picked on (or the repressed Gay that snaps and kills other Gays).

The only question I have in my mind is do they bring back Richard Belzer as John Munch or not. Since this kind of thing is Munch's alley given the character's backstory.

Ultimate Member

The most rewarding thing about Spider-Man after finishing it is spoilers:
    getting J. Jonah's on-air praise at the end of the game.
    end of spoilers

The second best thing about the game in general is Spider-Man wearing an electrified suit and pair of shock gloves.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-12-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The most rewarding thing about Spider-Man after finishing it is spoilers:
    getting J. Jonah's on-air praise at the end of the game.
    end of spoilers

The second best thing about the game in general is Spider-Man wearing an electrified suit and pair of shock gloves.
    How long did it take to finish hours wise for you?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

I'm really hoping the public gets honest & detailed information on this Amber Guyger case.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How long did it take to finish hours wise for you?
    Maybe about 20-25 hours in total with a 73% completion rate but that might vary from person to person -- worth checking out if you're a fan of either Batman or the other Spider-Man games.

Like I said before, I'll probably wait until it drops to around $30 for the holidays -- they're adding a new game plus and by that time there may be a few good DLC deals as well.

Another option is to subscribe to Gamefly for a month since the new Tomb Raider is coming out -- renting both of those for a few weeks or so would be worth the $15. They send games late sometimes but I just send them back equally late in return when that happens.

Only Bethesda (Skyrim, Fallout) gets my $60 up front -- everything else is case by case basis.

Edit: Also wanted to add that a lot of the replay value in these games is just walking around town and checking out all of the details of the city -- there's too much great dialogue, architecture and street art to mention. The end unlocks a "secret photo" camera so that's my newest mission -- Pete is a photographer after all.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-12-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    She's American, though. Been here since age 3.

Technically Dual Citizenship (which is odd as japan normally forces you to choose one or the other by the age of 18),

Still, that japanese culture is strong in her. Japan is the only place I know where they will apologize when the other person f*** up lol. Even if I move back next year, I don't think I'll ever understand that.

Maybe about 20-25 hours in total with a 73% completion rate but that might vary from person to person -- worth checking out if you're a fan of either Batman or the other Spider-Man games.
    Seems about on par with GoW, which I thought was worth full price.

BANNED

Do it have those insufferable races that made me use past Spider-Man games as frisbees?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I figure they are going to for Hate Crimes what they would have done in the 90's: it'll be the Neo-Nazi of the week interwoven with outright Nazis, Klansmen and the occasional Japanese trespassing against a Korean so White viewers don't feel picked on (or the repressed Gay that snaps and kills other Gays).
    I think you described the first season, you only forgot black on white crime so, again, like you said, the white viewers don't feel picked on. Place your bets now.

The only question I have in my mind is do they bring back Richard Belzer as John Munch or not. Since this kind of thing is Munch's alley given the character's backstory.
    Isn't Belzer retired? I suppose a cameo isn't out of the question, but remember he was supposed to leave the same year Meloni wound up leaving, his departure and Florek's (Cragan) were planned in advance. Problem was Meloni's departure wasn't so they stayed on a few more seasons so it wouldn't seem like half the cast left with Meloni. But he wanted to be done with the show early (again, retirement) but an offhand cameo, not sure why not. I think we need a Munch-like character, though. Interestingly the character always talked about his multiple wives but I guess he never had any children. So no Munch Jr.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Do it have those insufferable races that made me use past Spider-Man games as frisbees?
    Most of the frustration is optional (side missions) -- the main missions are generally a good mix of research and combat.

The research should be easy with the availability of online FAQs but I didn't need to look up anything to finish the main storyline and all but one of the side missions that I didn't bother doing because I didn't like it.

Checking out the entire city, getting all the backpacks, mastering all of the challenges -- that's what it comes down to with a game like this but I'm already looking forward to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so I don't think I'll put too much more time into it until they come out with more DLC.

Come to think of it, I still have free Destiny 2, Mafia III, and Heavy Rain downloads that I haven't even played yet.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Is Squirrel Girl bigger (she basically plus sized for a superheroine) in the comics too? I don't read her solo books but last time I saw her was Bendis New Avengers and she def was not lol.

I already find her incredibly irritating in the trailer.

Which patriot is that?