Page 782 of 828 FirstFirst ... 282682732772778779780781782783784785786792 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is what happens when you pander to dudebros and edgelords.

They are acting like those movies never happened. We are in what year 5 of nothing being made from those movies not even figures.
    Yet we got a new Star Wars cartoon with LOL a little black boy Jedi and the usual suspects have been SILENT.

It's disgusting those two groups can throw all the fits that they want and someone get pandered to.

Like Knight Terrors seems to exclude us (except for Cyborg).
    Aqualad seems to have vanished to where ever Duke is.
    ANd I am sure Synch's days are numbered with Ms Marvel arriving.

And what is the issue with X-23 those fans have claws out if you say she is a POC.
    Aqualad was in Knight Terrors: Superman.

Why would anything Ms Marvel does affect Synch?

Apparently, people are now just realizing that Mortal Kombat's Tanya is a black woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    He back!

Edi Gathegi AKA the tightest dude on set at any given time cause of that last bullshit.

Who knew, Terrance Howard's famous words in IM 1, was really about Mr. Terrific.

Sold!
    Perfect casting in my opinion.

Mighty Member

Guys, what is all this noise about Barbie movie being "too woke"/ "too feminist"???

Is it NOW that right-wingers have noticed or what?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Apparently, people are now just realizing that Mortal Kombat's Tanya is a black woman.
    Lol. Send links for further FUN reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Lol. Send links for further FUN reading.
    Here's one.

https://twitter.com/LeoGoneSavage/st...32834400546817

Invincible Member

Aqualad was in Knight Terrors: Superman.

Why would anything Ms Marvel does affect Synch?
    She's being revamped as a mutant. Implication is that if she becomes a regular in the X-books, Synch might get pushed back to the sidelines.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Guys, what is all this noise about Barbie movie being "too woke"/ "too feminist"???

Is it NOW that right-wingers have noticed or what?
    It's possible for someone make the argument that while Barbie is a nice role model for kids, it's never been all that "woke". As far as conservatives just now noticing, it's that they had to wait to see which way the wind was blowing before they could start up their grift. You notice that since Barbie movie is a hit, they can't do "get woke get broke" so now they have to pretend that panders to "anti-male" ideology.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    She's being revamped as a mutant. Implication is that if she becomes a regular in the X-books, Synch might get pushed back to the sidelines.
    CORRECT.

Here we got a female character of color that has had solo success to the tune of being the most successful female of color at BOTH companies.

Since they got her now-the fear is why BOTH with the development of the rest?

What POC has been developed under the X-banner as being able to hold a solo title-if we don't count X-23 as a POC?
    Someone or MORE will take a backseat to Kamala. While those X-fans cheer the even more burying of the Inhumans-lets see them cheer when their favorite gets sidelined even more.

If she is going to be the key to getting X-Men on the screen-why would they need Jubliee? Or better yet why both with Storm? There is no T'challa in the MCU.

Someone is NOT going to be happy in the long run. I suspect it's Synch who already has X-23 fans and Rogue fans HATING him as they think he is holding those two back. I can't even repeat some of the offensive things said that boils down to Rogue can do everything Synch does-so other than being BLACK why is he around?

And for reference we have seen this before.

How many black characters did ANYTHING while Milestone was around the first time? Steel and John Stewart had books before they started. Aside from Black Lightning-no black lead book came out during Milestone's run at DC. Only new ones we saw was Amazing Man 3 and Hotspot-who haven't been seen in years.

We sort of seeing it again. After the pushback to black lead books and creators at DC not of Milestone-what do we have? Steel & Cyborg. John book, Nubia in Amazon Attacks and now Luke & Batwoman Planetary book.
    It's funny how the usual suspects have gotten us excluded again.

Lightning Lad being black was blamed for Legion's last book being bad and every book he appears in will be boycotted. Yes folks have said this. Yet those SAME folks have yet to reply to my question of "If he was WHITE would that have made the book better. Because everyone else who READ the book said everyone sounded the same."

Ultimate Member

It's possible for someone make the argument that while Barbie is a nice role model for kids, it's never been all that "woke". As far as conservatives just now noticing, it's that they had to wait to see which way the wind was blowing before they could start up their grift. You notice that since Barbie movie is a hit, they can't do "get woke get broke" so now they have to pretend that panders to "anti-male" ideology.
    Hit???? At my movie theater and some of the branches of Cinemark that movie has 20 showings all this week.
    Another has every showing sold out today.

It's a big enough hit for Flash to stop showing at all Cinemarks in my state.

And has sent The Little Mermaid, Spiderverse and Transformers to only showing before 4 Pm. In fact Little Mermaid is having it's only showing today right now.

The GOP can't say a word.

Oppenheimer is next with about 8 and at one theater a 2 AM showing this morning was SOLD OUT.

I guess they might be waiting for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

Since NOBODY has noticed the black April O'Neil and the fact 3 of the 4 turtle voices are being done by black guys. And with the strike they might not know until it's too late.

Ultimate Member

That is what happens when you pander to dudebros and edgelords.

They are acting like those movies never happened. We are in what year 5 of nothing being made from those movies not even figures.
    Yet we got a new Star Wars cartoon with LOL a little black boy Jedi and the usual suspects have been SILENT.

It's disgusting those two groups can throw all the fits that they want and someone get pandered to.

Like Knight Terrors seems to exclude us (except for Cyborg).
    Aqualad seems to have vanished to where ever Duke is.
    ANd I am sure Synch's days are numbered with Ms Marvel arriving.

And what is the issue with X-23 those fans have claws out if you say she is a POC.
    Regarding the pandering, it depends on they are pandering to.

Jason Aldean and Morgan Wallen blew up BECAUSE of anti-black racism.

Seriously, "Try it in a small town" is number 1 on iTunes and is set to become number 1 in the US.

Despite how the term "woke" has been messed up by the right-wing, black people in the US need to stay woke. Racism has entered its gaslighting stage and the progressive change people thought would happen with younger generations isn't happening.

Invincible Member

Hit???? At my movie theater and some of the branches of Cinemark that movie has 20 showings all this week.
    Another has every showing sold out today.

It's a big enough hit for Flash to stop showing at all Cinemarks in my state.

And has sent The Little Mermaid, Spiderverse and Transformers to only showing before 4 Pm. In fact Little Mermaid is having it's only showing today right now.

The GOP can't say a word.

Oppenheimer is next with about 8 and at one theater a 2 AM showing this morning was SOLD OUT.

I guess they might be waiting for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

Since NOBODY has noticed the black April O'Neil and the fact 3 of the 4 turtle voices are being done by black guys. And with the strike they might not know until it's too late.
    To be fair, this discussion happened 6 months to a year ago with folks claiming that the new TMNT was going "woke" with black April. However, hardcore fans then pointed out that the first April O'Neal from the first black n white comic, while she wasn't black, was loosely inspired by one of the creator's then wife who was a woman of mixed ethnicity.

Keep in mind that the only reason Ken exists is because some morons in the 1960s didn't want their daughters looking up to a single, unmarried woman.

https://www.themarysue.com/barbie-an...he-patriarchy/

Invincible Member

Keep in mind that the only reason Ken exists is because some morons in the 1960s didn't want their daughters looking up to a single, unmarried woman.

https://www.themarysue.com/barbie-an...he-patriarchy/
    I didn't know that, but it's not at all shocking considering the time. Even as kids we all sorta knew that Ken was just there to be an accessory to Barbie. Girls fantasized about being Barbie but no one wanted to be Ken. I think there's like 30-something DVD movies starring Barbie and I don't know if Ken is even in them. They mostly seem to be about Barbie and her female friends going on adventures and meeting new friends.

Having said that, I'm old enough to remember when hardcore feminist actually criticized Barbie for the impossible beauty standards and over the top consumerism built into the concept.

CORRECT.

Here we got a female character of color that has had solo success to the tune of being the most successful female of color at BOTH companies.

Since they got her now-the fear is why BOTH with the development of the rest?

What POC has been developed under the X-banner as being able to hold a solo title-if we don't count X-23 as a POC?
    Someone or MORE will take a backseat to Kamala. While those X-fans cheer the even more burying of the Inhumans-lets see them cheer when their favorite gets sidelined even more.

If she is going to be the key to getting X-Men on the screen-why would they need Jubliee? Or better yet why both with Storm? There is no T'challa in the MCU.

Someone is NOT going to be happy in the long run. I suspect it's Synch who already has X-23 fans and Rogue fans HATING him as they think he is holding those two back. I can't even repeat some of the offensive things said that boils down to Rogue can do everything Synch does-so other than being BLACK why is he around?

And for reference we have seen this before.

How many black characters did ANYTHING while Milestone was around the first time? Steel and John Stewart had books before they started. Aside from Black Lightning-no black lead book came out during Milestone's run at DC. Only new ones we saw was Amazing Man 3 and Hotspot-who haven't been seen in years.

We sort of seeing it again. After the pushback to black lead books and creators at DC not of Milestone-what do we have? Steel & Cyborg. John book, Nubia in Amazon Attacks and now Luke & Batwoman Planetary book.
    It's funny how the usual suspects have gotten us excluded again.

Lightning Lad being black was blamed for Legion's last book being bad and every book he appears in will be boycotted. Yes folks have said this. Yet those SAME folks have yet to reply to my question of "If he was WHITE would that have made the book better. Because everyone else who READ the book said everyone sounded the same."
    It never ceases to amaze me how the X-Fandom can pride themselves on how the X-Men are outcasts like they are, and they have a huge queer following and they love diversity......but treat black male characters like superfluous nuisances at best, without an hint of irony.

I'm not even angry about it, so much as I'm confused, they really don't see how exclusionary and elitist they are, the BP/Storm marriage ended 10 years ago and the x-fans and fans turned writers still dunk on T'Challa without a moment's hesitation.

Of all the male X-Men, Synch is a decent guy, no morally dubious bs going on with him. I guess they don't want Laura to be with someone stable, who makes her happy. X-Fans and their toxic relationships, name a better combo.

They only seem to do this to black men. Which is really messed up.