Page 278 of 826 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378778 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 12380

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]

Then too look at who we're talking about right, Tarantino always had a slimy element to him personally don't he? This was before his long term business partner in Weinstein got revealed to be a wild sexual predator. He can deflect and wait it out all he want's but I'd be a fool to think THEM TWO, didn't have the debase time of their lives before it got out about one of them.
    He's alway struck me as a creepy as hell hollywood dousche who thinks its ok to say certain things because he has black friends (actors)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He's alway struck me as a creepy as hell hollywood dousche who thinks its ok to say certain things because he has black friends (actors)
    A person who for some reason chooses to say a word that's been arbitrarily forbidden for them to use is enough to cast all kinds of judgement and shade ??
    Tarintino is weird AF true that was obviously in Dusk til Dawn when he cast himself the psychopathic pedo brother who dies in the 1st couple scenes lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    A person who for some reason chooses to say a word that's been arbitrarily forbidden for them to use is enough to cast all kinds of judgement and shade ??
    Yes.

+ being best friends with a predator

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Did you hear about the time Tarantino met McDuffie.

Lets just say the N word got used a LOT towards McDuffie in a "friendly" way.

Charlotte talked about it on Twitter but it seems most folks already knew about it before his death.

Interesting the excuse Tarantino used was someone else let him say it. That person in question was the guy McDuffie was suppose to meet about a script when he died.
    I didn't hear about it but it sounds right up his alley. I do give him credit for Jackie Brown and Django tho.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I think a lot of people have learned in the past few years that you can be a fan of someone's work but not the person themself. I love Tarantino's movies, but Tarantino the man himself has a whole hell of a lot of baggage, to put it mildly...

Keith David will reprise his role as Spawn in MK 11 https://realotakugamer.com/keith-dav...rtal-kombat-11

The Tarantino thing is interesting, because a friend and I were having a conversation about how each of us would react to a white person using the n-word in a "friendly" way. Basically, there was a time when I was at a lunch with another friend and two friends of his. My friend is a mestizo latino, while the other two friends are Haitian and Russian. The Russian white girl in the middle of conversation just dropped the word and the friends carried on the conversation. I didn't say anything to her, or to them (though there was a look that may have escaped my eyes), but I did mention it to the female friend of mine (also Haitian). I asked if she would let a white friend feel comfortable enough to say the word in her presence and her answer, though multi-faceted, was basically no.

I remember reading somewhere that Tarantino grew up around black people and that's why he says the word. Don't know how accurate that information is, but I have found that white people who say the "friendly" version of the word, usually only say it around black people they know will tolerate their usage of the word.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Tarintino is weird AF true that was obviously in Dusk til Dawn when he cast himself the psychopathic pedo brother who dies in the 1st couple scenes lol

'abitrarily'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The Tarantino thing is interesting, because a friend and I were having a conversation about how each of us would react to a white person using the n-word in a "friendly" way. Basically, there was a time when I was at a lunch with another friend and two friends of his. My friend is a mestizo latino, while the other two friends are Haitian and Russian. The Russian white girl in the middle of conversation just dropped the word and the friends carried on the conversation. I didn't say anything to her, or to them (though there was a look that may have escaped my eyes), but I did mention it to the female friend of mine (also Haitian). I asked if she would let a white friend feel comfortable enough to say the word in her presence and her answer, though multi-faceted, was basically no.
    Did your Haitian friend grow up in the States? If not what kinda historical connotations would that word have for her? I admit not knowing many black people not from the US but i lived with some African exchange students and before I moved out asked a roommate about it ignoring the offensive way he and apparently the other roommates saw a clear seperation between mixed people... African Americans and "real blacks" Africans or African immigrants he didn't have a problem with the word. Sure there is a derogatory word for blacks in his country but even that word wasn't as triggering as '******' is here as the overwhelming majority of his fellow countrymen were black.

I grew up waaay southern Alabama lived on a fsrm in the country part of that country town and saw some real racist as zhit up close and personal. We lived 45 min from a sundown town I'd scare my lil brother at night by telling him I was gonna drop him off there after dark... when he wss about 15 My older brothers friend wss killed for dating a white girl, I was in little league one year my mom Almost always late picking me up i can still recall sitting motionless and silent watching as 3 grown men ( one was a assistant coach of another team) as they spray painted KKK All the Way on the side of building (I quit after that) and ill never ever forget one night sleeping over my great aunts who tried to downplay the situation being scared zhitless watching a cross light up in flames and those white ass robes remember feeling my heart in my throat crying the whole way as she sent me and my lil cousin to run down the grassy road that led to the houses my cousin and lived in to get her Dad.
    my mom idiotically sent me to private school Frim K -4 was the only Black student had already seen all that i mentioned above. Getting mad over a word seemed silly 5th grade the school shut down and I went to the "diverse" public school with about 40 kid's in each grade many from the closed pvt school but at least i could get in goof with the other black kids
    I quickly ilearned ano word described me.. Faggot was my label almost immediately lol which irked me as i couldn't figure out how they knew i tried to fit in ...never been a "feminine gay" had girlfriends i fooled around with (way too early) I wasn't my situation by continuing to wear the khakis and sweater vests from private school, wore huge thick coke bottle glasses+ an eye patch, read comics, and had a stutter. I guess they could smell the faggotry on me. more than once i was goaded into a fight after enough of the other kids had seen my nonreaction to the word to prove i wasn't one. I didn't lose every fight just enough to try and convince my mom to transfer me and get good at blending into different groups of kids to try to blend in
    But that only lasted until 7th grade when my waaaay older brother from my dad's first (snd still current) marriage sent his 2 bad ass sons to my school and on their first day informed me they were my nephews heard what the other boys thought of me had me pick out the worst one (Jeremy) cornered him after school held him up off the ground they both had their hands around his neck choking the zhit outta him forced him to apologize and give me the money outta his pockets. After that no lie school was a cake walk embarrassed to say i became kinda a douche myself but that's middle school i guess
    I remember reading somewhere that Tarantino grew up around black people and that's why he says the word. Don't know how accurate that information is, but I have found that white people who say the "friendly" version of the word, usually only say it around black people they know will tolerate their usage of the word.
    Well that's a given most people wouldn't use inflammatory language around strangers unless A. They were confident they would win a physical altercation or B.they knew they're protected C. They knew there wouldn't be a confrontation I'd avoid using the word in middle then when we moved to Georgia in high school even though a few of my white friends reveled in being able to say it in my presence Id hear my family members say it a bunch and think them foolish until one day at school saw my buddy go from perfectly calm to losing his zhit after some skinny trash called him a ****** ended up whaling on the kid, arrested...kicked outta School and realized thats exactly the response that kid wanted and that racists have a loaded weapon to get black people to act exactly how they thought we were. Now i use it not abundantly but freely as a term of endearment for all my friends regardless of race I regularly tell my friend who's large Sicilian family is like my 2nd fam that she has the most "***** acting white family" I'd ever seen. Most of my friends don't even use it and some even skip The word in rap songs.. which is irksome It never registers with me if they di say it or if it does I'd jokingly say that's racist and they would get all apologetic. Same goes for the word faggot. I've walked into several parties and yelled out "Where's my Faggots At??" To mostly no response lol I've ran into s few dudes tryna get me riled up my calling me one or the other and it makes me chuckle a lil but not upset or angry several times my white buddies ot fraternity brothers would get mad leading to them fighting/almost fighting on my behalf. Which is annoying tryna drunkenly get them off some racist ashole

if I reacted poorly to every time i was called ****** or Faggot I woulda probably ended up in jail or dead

In fact, as we’ve heard ever since the film entered development, The Eternal’s is set to feature Marvel Studios’ first openly gay superhero. And while we still don’t know the identity of the character, Kevin Feige has shared some new details on the hero.

"He's married,” Feige told Good Morning America during the recent D23 Expo. “He's got a family. And that is just part of who he is."

These comments don’t identify any specific member of The Eternals, but it does confirm previous reports that the character is male. Nonetheless, Feige’s statement makes it clear that the hero’s sexuality will be acknowledged on screen, something the studio was criticized for not doing with Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok.
    This is gonna be interestng

Did your Haitian friend grow up in the States? If not what kinda historical connotations would that word have for her? I admit not knowing many black people not from the US but i lived with some African exchange students and before I moved out asked a roommate about it ignoring the offensive way he and apparently the other roommates saw a clear seperation between mixed people... African Americans and "real blacks" Africans or African immigrants he didn't have a problem with the word. Sure there is a derogatory word for blacks in his country but even that word wasn't as triggering as '******' is here as the overwhelming majority of his fellow countrymen were black.
    She was born and raised in the States, that's where the 'multi-faceted' no comes from. The word affects her on some level, but, she admitted that it doesn't affect her the way it does someone who is Black American. Basically, she wouldn't entertain the usage/hype up a white person in her immediate circle (we didn't touch too much on non-black POCs), but she also wouldn't "word police" someone else's friend for saying it. There were a lot of nuances, but it was mostly hypothetical as she, nor I, have any white friends.

if I reacted poorly to every time i was called ****** or Faggot I woulda probably ended up in jail or dead
    I can understand that mindset. I also like that you ask "Where's my Faggots At??" at parties lol I would laugh in the moment and probably announce myself as one of them. Can't lie that I would be taken a bit aback if someone who wasn't "queer" did that, but, I'm a lot like my friend in that, if I don't know the person, I wouldn't say much then and there. Though, like my friend, I don't have any straight friends either, so we likely wouldn't run into this scenario either. I'm just full of hypotheticals today. Don't mind me xD

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Extraordinary Member

More examples of gamers being trash people.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/26/20...nt-controversy

Note that the people complaining about Homophobia are the "Hate Mob" according to these guys.

I also wonder if nerds understand the difference between editing and censorship.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

It always struck me as odd why some black people continue to use the n-word, even in a "friendly" manner, as opposed to using "hey friend," "hey buddy," or "hey comrade." I remember an incident in a store in which I saw two black teenagers casually say the n-word in front on an old black man, and the old man started to get uncomfortable and told them to stop saying it. When they wouldn't stop, he seemed to have this look on his face as if he was about to cry, as if he was thinking back to an unpleasant past and it's stuff like this which leads me to think that, if you ask for my personal opinion, it might be for the best if nobody casually used the n-word in modern society, unless it's like for historically educational purposes. As far as I know and am concerned, a racial slur is a racial slur no matter who uses it, unable to detach the history from it. We don't really hear of cases of Jewish people calling each other antisemitic terms in a friendly manner or Japanese people calling each other anti-Japanese terms in a friendly manner, so it just puzzles me when black people decide to do it. I don't know, I suppose if thought can corrupt language, then language can corrupt thought.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-27-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    It always struck me as odd why some black people continue to use the n-word, even in a "friendly" manner, as opposed to using "hey friend," "hey buddy," or "hey comrade." I remember an incident in a store in which I saw two black teenagers casually say the n-word in front on an old black man, and the old man started to get uncomfortable and told them to stop saying it. When they wouldn't stop, he seemed to have this look on his face as if he was about to cry, as if he was thinking back to an unpleasant past and it's stuff like this which leads me to think that, if you ask for my personal opinion, it might be for the best if nobody casually used the n-word in modern society, unless it's like for historically educational purposes. As far as I know and am concerned, a racial slur is a racial slur no matter who uses it, unable to detach the history from it. We don't really hear of cases of Jewish people calling each other antisemitic terms in a friendly manner or Japanese people calling each other anti-Japanese terms in a friendly manner, so it just puzzles me when black people decide to do it. I don't know, I suppose if thought can corrupt language, then language can corrupt thought.
    Yeah I'm not a fan. Nothing I can do about it though, except not do it myself. Not to say I've never said the word or will never say it again but I definitely don't call myself, my friends or other black people in general that word on the regular. And the "*igga" has a different meaning than "*igger" line some people use I always found silly as hell. It's like saying "gonna" and "going to" don't mean the same thing.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

She was born and raised in the States, that's where the 'multi-faceted' no comes from. The word affects her on some level, but, she admitted that it doesn't affect her the way it does someone who is Black American. Basically, she wouldn't entertain the usage/hype up a white person in her immediate circle (we didn't touch too much on non-black POCs), but she also wouldn't "word police" someone else's friend for saying it. There were a lot of nuances, but it was mostly hypothetical as she, nor I, have any white friends.

I can understand that mindset. I also like that you ask "Where's my Faggots At??" at parties lol I would laugh in the moment and probably announce myself as one of them. Can't lie that I would be taken a bit aback if someone who wasn't "queer" did that, but, I'm a lot like my friend in that, if I don't know the person, I wouldn't say much then and there. Though, like my friend, I don't have any straight friends either, so we likely wouldn't run into this scenario either. I'm just full of hypotheticals today. Don't mind me xD
    Ugh sooo jealous of your friend selection process lol
    I agree with the need for nuance in discussing racially charged topics with friends now im curious how non Americans blacks treat the word
    This proved to be an interesting look at how some of the black population/Youth in Brazil handle have begun to casually use the word
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...1826545955/amp
    It always struck me as odd why some black people continue to use the n-word, even in a "friendly" manner, as opposed to using "hey friend," "hey buddy," or "hey comrade." .
    I'd be concerned if people around me started calling each other comrade especially with the recent relationship between Russia and our president. there's friend and Buddy sound too impersonal to use between folks who know each other well. why not just greet them with "Hey person" Different people have their own slang for calling out someone in their community Women say "Hey girl" when seeing a friend... Stoners say "Hey Dude" etc
    If you ask for my personal opinion, it might be for the best if nobody casually used the n-word in modern society, unless it's like for historically educational purposes. As far as I know and am concerned, a racial slur is a racial slur no matter who uses it, unable to detach the history from it..
    why only ban that word? Why not ban 'Faggot'? Or 'bitch'? Or 'retard'? It'd be nice if words like that weren't Used but what's easier/feasible controlling what comes out the mouth's of the world's population? Or controlling your reaction to the words?
    We don't really hear of cases of Jewish people calling each other antisemitic terms in a friendly manner or Japanese people calling each other anti-Japanese terms in a friendly manner, so it just puzzles me when black people decide to do it. I don't know, I suppose if thought can corrupt language, then language can corrupt thought.
    Im assuming your talking about Jewish and Japanese Americans? It could be those words don't hold much weight in their communities?I was at dance club in San Francisco recently when it closed for the night my friend who's white walked across the street to eat and besides the unfamiliar feeling of being surrounded by rowdy young Asisn and Hispanic youths one table of Asian Americans used 'chink' More than a couple of times in a friendly manner. Women use bitch when describing friends. Its not as severe as a racial slur but other groups have turned derogatory names as apart of their community language

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan. Nothing I can do about it though, except not do it myself. Not to say I've never said the word or will never say it again but I definitely don't call myself, my friends or other black people in general that word on the regular. And the "*igga" has a different meaning than "*igger" line some people use I always found silly as hell. It's like saying "gonna" and "going to" don't mean the same thing.
    language changes depending on the person using it. Calling my brother 'Bro' is different than if im in an argument with a dude and call him 'Bruh'

SEMANTICS!!
    GrindrStone(D)