Page 349 of 372 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5579
  1. #5221
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,134

    Default

    Revealing Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a new adventure from Insomniac Games coming to PlayStation 5.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  2. #5222

    Default

    I'm pretty excited for the new Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank game that they announced.
    Last edited by Commander Wort; 06-11-2020 at 02:43 PM.

  3. #5223
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wort View Post
    I'm pretty excited for the new Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank game that they announced.
    I usually wait a couple years to buy stuff so its cheap but yeah... tempting as hell just to support Miles tbh
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #5224
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,583

    Default

    I'm back y'all.

    I'm planning to revamp my pull list after the several month break in comics.

    The only things I'm currently interested in keeping are Decorum and The Last God.

    What are some good smaller press stuff I should be grabbing preferably stuff that is at a low issue number so I can easily obtain back issues.
    Pull List:

    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

  5. #5225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I usually wait a couple years to buy stuff so its cheap but yeah... tempting as hell just to support Miles tbh
    Same I also wait for it to get cheap but it's so great to Miles getting his own game.

  6. #5226
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wort View Post
    Same I also wait for it to get cheap but it's so great to Miles getting his own game.
    With Kamala being featured in the Avengers game -- and both of them being featured in successful animated projects -- it's proof that a lot of these characters might be even more successful in other media where they can reach new demographics.

    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-12-2020 at 04:04 AM.

  7. #5227
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,542

    Default

    "Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Terry Crews confirms season 8 will be influenced by Black Lives Matter protests"

    After George Floyd was killed in police custody, protesters have been speaking out against police brutality and systemic racism in law enforcement with many calling for the police to be defunded or dismantled.

    The NBC sitcom centres on a group of cops written to be goofy and likeable, and Crews – who plays Lieutenant Terry Jeffords – acknowledged that the cast and crew have to seriously consider how next season should be handled.

    We actually all got on a Zoom call just the other day, because of what's happening in this country and we were witnessing so many abuses of power," the star said on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

    "We had some sombre talks and some really, really eye-opening conversation about how to handle this new season."

    Stephanie Beatriz, who plays Detective Rosa Diaz, donated $11,000 to the Community Justice Exchange earlier this month in support of the Black Lives Matter protests while also acknowledging that she plays a police officer on TV..."

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/brooklyn-...185900087.html

  8. #5228
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,542

    Default



    "They tried to do this model minority thing with Africans too, it’s really stupid"

    ------
    "Damaged Asian businesses show solidarity with Black Lives Matter protesters"

    “When David Choi, owner of the street food chain Seoul Taco, pulled up to one of his Downtown Chicago restaurants on Sunday morning, he saw doors and windows reduced to a pile of shards, a vandalized flat-screen TV, and the cash register and several iPads missing, presumably stolen.

    Choi had been preparing to resume dine-in service after a two-months shutdown amid the coronavirus pandemic. The looting not only delayed that indefinitely but also halted to-go service. He’s now hemorrhaging cash while looking to hire a contractor on short notice to board up the shop. Once his insurance company assesses the damage, he’ll have to pay the deductible, too.

    “It’s been devastating and frustrating on our side,” Choi told NBC Asian America. “We should be making food and serving the community, but this is taking away from all that.”

    Still, in his first message to customers, he made clear that those who ransacked his store in no way weakened his support for the fight against police brutality.

    “EVERYTHING IN MY STORE WILL BE REPLACEABLE,” he wrote on Facebook within hours of the incident, “while lives are being senselessly lost, on a way too regular basis, is the way bigger issue.”

    In the week since George Floyd, an unarmed black man, died in the custody of Minneapolis police, hundreds of largely peaceful demonstrations have erupted across the country — with many followed by looting and arson. From California to New York, scores of Asian businesses were caught in the crossfire, suffering extensive property damage atop already prevalent anti-Asian racism.

    But owners young and old continue to express solidarity with protesters and vocally draw the distinction between material and human loss.

    Last Wednesday, the family of Gandhi Mahal, a fire-damaged Indian restaurant in Minneapolis, wrote in a widely shared Facebook post: “Let my building burn. Justice needs to be served.” When looters broke into Teaism, an Asian cafe in Washington, its founder tweeted: “Before anyone puts a single word in our mouths. Black lives matter.”

    For Choi, the black and brown Americans who have long been abused by the police are not just victims of a racist, dysfunctional system but also close friends of his. “We have to look at the bigger picture,” he said. “Injustice and racial inequality just needs to stop.” At the same time, he said, plundering small businesses like Seoul Taco does no justice to the cause and ends up hurting people from vulnerable communities. Every day the restaurant is closed, for example, translates to more lost wages for his 20 employees, many of whom are black or Latino.

    “I understand the anger and frustration, but there has to be a better way to resolve this,” he said.

    Since Saturday night’s mayhem, Seoul Taco has received an outpouring of aid from the community. After seeing Choi’s Facebook post, one customer started a GoFundMe page that has already raised more than $3,000. Some neighbors showed up at the restaurant with brooms and sweepers to clean up debris. Others helped board up glass.

    The support from neighbors, customers and complete strangers has, in fact, offset the anger that some owners had for rioters."

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...sters-n1224766
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-12-2020 at 04:13 AM.

  9. #5229
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And a rebuttal from Charles Pulliam-Moore

    ...As a thought experiment, something like this might work, but in the real world it’s difficult to imagine just how wearing a t-shirt with a stylized skull would accomplish that, particularly considering that’s precisely what police officers are doing when they sport “Thin Blue Line” versions of the Punisher logo....

    An image’s meaning lies in the eyes of the beholder, but it’s impossible to disassociate that specific logo, or artwork similar to it, both from the Punisher’s personal brand of brutality and the ways in which cops have embraced it as an example of the kind of policing they wish to inflict upon people. Well-intended as Skulls For Justice may be, the reality is that each of the shirts’ core design elements are, of course, the skull, and some reference to Black Lives Matter. Together, the idea they create reads less like “Frank Castle and those who look up to him believe that Black lives matter” and more like “this symbol of death has been juxtaposed with a refrain whose purpose is to prevent senseless, racist murders of innocent Black people.”

    ...But when it comes to campaigns like these, optics matter, and an image like the Punisher skull is one is already so overlaid with negative connotations that it’s difficult to say how Skulls For Justice could turn it positive. What Skulls For Justice is doing, though, is being quite explicit about the need for everyone to recognize anti-Black racism and police brutality as societal ills in desperate need of addressing. It’s the sort of idea that the bulk of the industry that led to Skulls For Justice’s creation (in a roundabout sense) only ever really addresses by speaking about their own supposed commitments to diversity and inclusion, which, while nice, gloss over the larger issue at hand....
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-punisher...bla-1843999130

  10. #5230
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    With Kamala being featured in the Avengers game -- and both of them being featured in successful animated projects -- it's proof that a lot of these characters might be even more successful in other media where they can reach new demographics.
    If BP isn't in Marvel's Avengers, I'm not buying it.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #5231
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,134

    Default

    In news which is bound to disappoint a lot of fans excited after watching the Spider-Man: Miles Morales trailer, it's been confirmed that the game isn't actually a standalone title and is, instead, a remastered "expansion" of 2018's Spider-Man. Sony Interactive Entertainment EVP head of European Business Simon Rutter confirmed the news during a Telegraph interview.

    "There’s a substantial Miles Morales component, which is the expansion element," explained Rutter, adding that "also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

    “I think what is very interesting for everyone to see is how familiar games might be to some degree changed through the workings of PlayStation 5," he concluded.
    Well, F me, nvm, probably never play it.

    I'm not buying the game again just for an expansion Miles pack.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #5232
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    According to Insomniac's official Twitter it's a full game. They posted this a few minutes ago to clear things up.
    https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/s...68676630433792

  13. #5233
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post


    "They tried to do this model minority thing with Africans too, it’s really stupid"

    ------
    "Damaged Asian businesses show solidarity with Black Lives Matter protesters"

    “When David Choi, owner of the street food chain Seoul Taco, pulled up to one of his Downtown Chicago restaurants on Sunday morning, he saw doors and windows reduced to a pile of shards, a vandalized flat-screen TV, and the cash register and several iPads missing, presumably stolen.

    Choi had been preparing to resume dine-in service after a two-months shutdown amid the coronavirus pandemic. The looting not only delayed that indefinitely but also halted to-go service. He’s now hemorrhaging cash while looking to hire a contractor on short notice to board up the shop. Once his insurance company assesses the damage, he’ll have to pay the deductible, too.

    “It’s been devastating and frustrating on our side,” Choi told NBC Asian America. “We should be making food and serving the community, but this is taking away from all that.”

    Still, in his first message to customers, he made clear that those who ransacked his store in no way weakened his support for the fight against police brutality.

    “EVERYTHING IN MY STORE WILL BE REPLACEABLE,” he wrote on Facebook within hours of the incident, “while lives are being senselessly lost, on a way too regular basis, is the way bigger issue.”

    In the week since George Floyd, an unarmed black man, died in the custody of Minneapolis police, hundreds of largely peaceful demonstrations have erupted across the country — with many followed by looting and arson. From California to New York, scores of Asian businesses were caught in the crossfire, suffering extensive property damage atop already prevalent anti-Asian racism.

    But owners young and old continue to express solidarity with protesters and vocally draw the distinction between material and human loss.

    Last Wednesday, the family of Gandhi Mahal, a fire-damaged Indian restaurant in Minneapolis, wrote in a widely shared Facebook post: “Let my building burn. Justice needs to be served.” When looters broke into Teaism, an Asian cafe in Washington, its founder tweeted: “Before anyone puts a single word in our mouths. Black lives matter.”

    For Choi, the black and brown Americans who have long been abused by the police are not just victims of a racist, dysfunctional system but also close friends of his. “We have to look at the bigger picture,” he said. “Injustice and racial inequality just needs to stop.” At the same time, he said, plundering small businesses like Seoul Taco does no justice to the cause and ends up hurting people from vulnerable communities. Every day the restaurant is closed, for example, translates to more lost wages for his 20 employees, many of whom are black or Latino.

    “I understand the anger and frustration, but there has to be a better way to resolve this,” he said.

    Since Saturday night’s mayhem, Seoul Taco has received an outpouring of aid from the community. After seeing Choi’s Facebook post, one customer started a GoFundMe page that has already raised more than $3,000. Some neighbors showed up at the restaurant with brooms and sweepers to clean up debris. Others helped board up glass.

    The support from neighbors, customers and complete strangers has, in fact, offset the anger that some owners had for rioters."

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...sters-n1224766
    They are still trying to do it with Africans.

    The thing is, too many people in the US aren’t enlightened about stuff that went and still goes on in the country. The model immigrant myth was one of the things used to depress African-Americans. That’s why you hear shit like “my ancestors from Asia simply worked hard and made it in America”, they don’t understand that they’ve been sold an untruth about the black American experience and how their background doesn’t parallel other minorities (except maybe Native Americans). This model immigrant was just another device used by the racists in power to justify their discrimination against African-Americans.

    All this just speaks to how much pure white supremacy has been baked into the US. Outfits like the “Daughters of the Confederacy” were far, far, far too successful in their efforts to re-define American history. I mean, terms like “woke” have been turned into bad things and even “Black Lives Matter” was seen a very controversial statement until the protests of the last few days. Majority of discussions of race is framed from a bigoted perspective and it then falls on the minorities to start educating others on the truth, which should never, ever be the case. It’s telling that most people (of any race) found out about the Tulsa massacre from the Watchmen TV series, that’s very ,very disturbing.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "Are we saying that Black people can't say their lives matter?"- Michael Jai White

  14. #5234
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,501

    Default

    If you didn't see Street Gangs of New York, you very likely will have never heard of the New York City Draft (Race) Riots even as a New Yorker.

    And even that movie glossed over all the dead Black people in order to focus on DiCaprio getting payback.

  15. #5235
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If you didn't see Street Gangs of New York, you very likely will have never heard of the New York City Draft (Race) Riots even as a New Yorker.

    And even that movie glossed over all the dead Black people in order to focus on DiCaprio getting payback.
    I have seen parts of that movie.


    Oh and another bone to toss out to Finn fans-Star Wars 32 (IDW) has a spotlight issue on him. It was slated for April 2020.

    If it's another story of Finn loving animals....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •