Page 541 of 827 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 12391
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is the comic good?

Started reading Invincible after watching the cartoon. Dang, cartoon added a lot of diversity to the cast lol.
    I enjoyed it. It's about a black family in Harlem during the 1920's who happen to be monster fighters. It has a cast of fun characters and lots of action. Sanford Greene's art is a better fit here than Powerman and Iron Fist from a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I enjoyed it. It's about a black family in Harlem during the 1920's who happen to be monster fighters. It has a cast of fun characters and lots of action. Sanford Greene's art is a better fit here than Powerman and Iron Fist from a few years ago.
    is it only 10 issues? there are only 2 trades on amazon that I can find?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue is they WON'T do anything with the 3 black Superman that they have.

Which is the gripe everyone is having. Showing all of them and the Clark Kent in name only allows you to show a variety.

We are not at that stage yet. Because to show that and I mean REALLY show that-you have to be willing to make EVERYONE uncomfortable.
    Because some of those folks who can't handle look me and others on this board. Because the mirror is going to be in their face when dealing with racism.

Coates Black Panther run says HI. You have an issue with black excellence and put in stuff certain folks EXPECT to see in Africa? I watch Nollywood-I have yet to see rape camps, fun happy kid soldiers or abused women.
    Coates is a self-hating fool who can’t write and sees the worst in black people. He projects real life concerns on a cultural scale to a civilization designed to be above such concerns without trying to justify his story beats. We’ve seen that on every level of his work on BP, from his garbage take on Wakanda to the atrocious supporting characters he brings in.

Happy to see his run end with a whimper and be paved over in the future. But it sucks that he’s gonna ruin Superman lol. At the very least I got Superman and Lois to give me half decent real Clark Kent content. And thank god they’re not giving him an actual black superhero like Icon or John Stewart. I shiver at the thought of what he’d do with a black-led space opera after how he screwed up the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, what is GWCTD?
    Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Coates is a self-hating fool who can’t write and sees the worst in black people. He projects real life concerns on a cultural scale to a civilization designed to be above such concerns without trying to justify his story beats. We’ve seen that on every level of his work on BP, from his garbage take on Wakanda to the atrocious supporting characters he brings in.

Happy to see his run end with a whimper and be paved over in the future. But it sucks that he’s gonna ruin Superman lol. At the very least I got Superman and Lois to give me half decent real Clark Kent content. And thank god they’re not giving him an actual black superhero like Icon or John Stewart. I shiver at the thought of what he’d do with a black-led space opera after how he screwed up the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.
    Now that's not fair, I think Coates is a great writer...of nonfiction. Fiction seems to be out of his wheelhouse, his cynical, self loathing, joyless wheelhouse. It really feels like he used BP as a way to cut his teeth in the entertainment world. From what I understand, his Cap run wasn't anything to write home about either. Now he failed upwards to write Superman. I wonder if he would bother to mention the legion, can't be worse than Bendis.

Ultimate Member

So far there are only 2 trades.

There will be more than 10 issues.

The last set of books they did featured variants of movies like New Jack City and DO the Right Thing.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/bitter-root

And the knee to the Gator cult is the editor for the first run was Heather Antos.

Now that's not fair, I think Coates is a great writer...of nonfiction. Fiction seems to be out of his wheelhouse, his cynical, self loathing, joyless wheelhouse. It really feels like he used BP as a way to cut his teeth in the entertainment world. From what I understand, his Cap run wasn't anything to write home about either. Now he failed upwards to write Superman. I wonder if he would bother to mention the legion, can't be worse than Bendis.
    Well he should have gotten Storm or the X-men.

Heck better yet let him make someone new. Not hand him a franchise that just saw a billion dollar movie and 3 Oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Great series! I love it.

Invincible Member

It's two trades and a super special.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Great series! I love it.
    Yes! I'm surprised it isn't talked about more.

Ultimate Member

Just saw Aldis Hodge working out.

Too bad they already cash him as Hawkman, dude would have made a good black Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Just saw Aldis Hodge working out.

Too bad they already cash him as Hawkman, dude would have made a good black Superman.
    I'm a sucker for superhero transformation

(screw your robert patterson lol)

So... they gonna race bend lois lane too you think?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

I'm a sucker for superhero transformation

(screw your robert patterson lol)

You really seem to dislike Pattinson.

Anyway, I think it's probably better for Hawkman to be race-bent if he's going to be based on Egyptian culture.

I think it's probably likely she'll be a POC and the true hero of the movie (knowing how Coates writes his stories).

Ultimate Member

Better than a useless love interest who needs to be rescued.

Ideally they'd both be the focus

Male action stars have repeatedly talked about the health issues their workout regimens have caused or could potentially cause. I don't blame Pattinson for not wanting to put his body through that and it isn't like previous live action Batmen look exactly the comics anyway. WhateverHodge is doing, I just hope it doesn't get him killed.

Also, while I'm indifferent to the race lift, I'd have preferred Hodge as Mr Terrific.