Page 198 of 827 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298698 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Except it's not just body builders with this type of physique. For example, one of the prime example of FUNCTIONAL physical practice is actually in wonder woman, Brooke Ence. You only need to look at crossfit to find both men/women who not only look incredibly fit, but have the functional prowess behind it. So the idea that only body builders contain "ripped muscles" is a false narrative. Hell, even body builders run out of breath way easier is a hugely false statement, as the amount of cardio needed during the cutting stage to achieve that peak low body fat count is insane. The only way your description would be accurate would be during the bulking stage, where cardio is limited in order to put on more calories to "beef up." And even then, depending upon the metabolism of the body builder, cardio may be needed.
    Not to mention people act like lifting weights for 2 hours a day doesn't make you in shape.

Hell, my resting heart rate in in the 50s or 60s depending on the day and I haven't done a bit of cardio in probably 6 years now. and I only lift about 8 hrs a week, which is nothing compared to elite bodybuilders.

elite, pro bodybuilders look like hell not because they are out of shape but because of the massive, absolutely insane drug use and the ridiculously low bodyfat they have to get to when its competition time.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's one thing to talk about who you think is more hot or who you think is more athletic or who who's hot and athletic or whatever, but some of this "Brie Larson isn't even attractive" stuff is just some people trying to get their SJW Marvel hate on...
    Bah.

Those same nerds were drooling over her when she played Envy Addams in Scott Pilgrim a sexy character presented sexily.

Captain Marvel denied that crowd the basic level of fan service that the Wonder Woman film gave out by using the classic costume and they are feeling some type of way about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not to mention people act like lifting weights for 2 hours a day doesn't make you in shape.

Hell, my resting heart rate in in the 50s or 60s depending on the day and I haven't done a bit of cardio in probably 6 years now. and I only lift about 8 hrs a week, which is nothing compared to elite bodybuilders.

elite, pro bodybuilders look like hell not because they are out of shape but because of the massive, absolutely insane drug use and the ridiculously low bodyfat they have to get to when its competition time.
    And really it's only the far end IFBB bodybuilding that where things get too crazy. WBFF for example represents an entirely different look then IFBB. But IFBB has been where the superstars came from like Arnold S. so that's what
    people think about when it comes to body building.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - X-Men : Was about racial issues of the 1960's. The entire dynamic of Charles Xavier and Magneto was about Martin Luthor King Jr/Malcolm X. The whole mutant issue was code for this basically.
    This is a popular myth. The racial (and sexual orientation) allegory was a thing later writers brought to the concept. Definitely Claremont and those that followed.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

John Wick 3 character posters came out... movie is very diverse.

But keeping on subject of the lsat few pages....

HOW????

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    John Byrne is damn near a legend. Fans of comics are not a what have you done for me lately type of venture, quite the opposite. So of course you would follow that in a loose quote by a guy whose last major contribution was only about 50 years ago. May he rest in peace.

I will say this about a certain segmented mindset that can and does occur with Latin and Hispanic culture in America. It's probably why Black and Brown relations on some macro level are not as strong as one might think they should be, not me, I see the other side but maybe to some.

It's like when a NBA team is up by 30 with less than a minute in the game. The winning team runs the clock out in the last seconds and doesn't windmill jam it with zeros on the clock. I don't wanna get lost over struggle gymnastics/Olympics, missing the phrase, even though it applies more than we out of basic sportsmanship, claim it should. The outlier of course being Native Americans who America actually did nearly wipe out. But like in most real athletic endeavors Black Americans would win. We've got skin and blood, time and money and debt in the game. When people come here as first or second generation it's because they left for prosperity... So it could stand to reason maybe they should, to a degree not feel like 'caping' on any level for basic or disenfranchised rights for another group with more time on their lease... That ain't why they're fucking here, to join an alternate struggle. Trump received a whole hell of a lot of Hispanic votes considering the precedent he's set leading up to that and what he continues push. There are other factors too, proximity, self-preservation, living space, it goes on and as an Indiana taxpayer I've seen it in most forms. Some of my 'brown' brothers look at us with a disdain that mirrors the worst from a white man, it is what it is. George Zimmerman is Hispanic. They don't make waves by and large and can go the opposite. It's an American inalienable right to be a prick, blood has been shed over it. None of this is aimed at Lobo here, he's clearly into comic books on some level so I guess we have that in common. It's come up here before, you go further East and African-Americans and Hispanic folks, Latin American folks, people from the DR, PR it's a mix of living and working. I have people everyday I use my broken Spanish with all the time there are some I don't ever do that with, for a host of reasons. El Gato comes all the time and he's to the beat right? Maybe I'm off, prolly only in a PC sense but I doubt it, jus sayin'

For sho. I guess she's cute, she is- for me it's kinda like Ann Hathaway in DKR. I thought she was pretty hot in that and made a dope 'Catwoman' but I also literally don't have any other frame of reference for her. I've never even seen Brie Lawson in another movie, she's for all intents and purposes actually Captain Marvel. My only critique is she does seem on the small side imo but that's Hollywood.

Dang near fell out my chair, Dayum.

I agree with you about Zoe Saldana, she's brutally thin. All I can is she's a 1000% more convincing Gamora than Nina Simone so...
    Either it's a quote or not. Everything is political to a degree. I just prefer it as an undercurrent. Not the overwhelming theme where if you disagree you are labeled by anyone who doesn't like a different opinion.

As far as being Hispanic goes. I will say this, i worked in an office where i was among freshly graduated liberals. I already stood out because i lifted weights and martial arts are my life.

They made it their point was that everythingbi thought was wrong and that i had to conform to what they considered appropriate. Even within my own culture of which none of them were a part of.

I refuse to let anyone force me to abide by their opinion. Never again. People feel that because they have a few friends of another culture that they can get comfortable and say and dictate whatever they want. Bill Maher did that and ice cube set him straight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    They didn't tape down nothing,watch her in Scott Pilgrim vs. The world. A broomstick with splinters has more curves.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently the movie is out in china and their messageboards have gone very caveman on her looks. Recent article spoke about it. Some users have added this pic to point out body comparisons. Pretty brutalAttachment 80017

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm hoping the next Captain Marvel, goes for more pure action high adrenaline type of story telling.

I really want to see a cocky airforce pilot flying around fast as hell and blowing #### up. If there is one character that Marvel should be doing a Michael Bay style flick with it's Captain Marvel.
    Actually, I really hope Mystique & Rogue are introduced. Mystique had mad hate for Carol due to the belief she would harm Rogue. Mystique was first introduced in Carol's book back in the day. Rogue would have been too, if the book was not canceled.

It would be great to see two head-strong women as enemies in an action film, imo.

Ultimate Member

That was never an issue,she didn't have curves to begin with.
    Not sure what Brie you're looking at.

http://cdn.extra.ie/wp-content/uploa...3921/Brie1.jpg

You could argue you want more curves or curves in different places, but not that she doesn't have curves.

I think the idea that they didn't want to sexualize her is pretty accurate -- I hadn't even noticed until it was mentioned how they objectify the guys (who almost all go shirtless) but keep the women relatively modest.

I guess that's one way to get the women in to see comic book movies.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-20-2019 at 05:03 PM.

^^^^^^ yup lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Actually, I really hope Mystique & Rogue are introduced. Mystique had mad hate for Carol due to the belief she would harm Rogue. Mystique was first introduced in Carol's book back in the day. Rogue would have been too, if the book was not canceled.

It would be great to see two head-strong women as enemies in an action film, imo.
    I don't know how'd that work considering Carol is basically a space cop type now.

I mean... you eventually have to show her keeping her promise to go after the Kree right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Not sure what Brie you're looking at.

http://cdn.extra.ie/wp-content/uploa...3921/Brie1.jpg

You could argue you want more curves or curves in different places, but not that she doesn't have curves.

I think the idea that they didn't want to sexualize her is pretty accurate -- I hadn't even noticed until it was mentioned how they objectify the guys (who almost all go shirtless) but keep the women relatively modest.

I guess that's one way to get the women in to see comic book movies.
    The irony is WW had a way bigger female audience. Women aren't offended by a female chars looks being played up or showing skin.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-20-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Bah.

Those same nerds were drooling over her when she played Envy Addams in Scott Pilgrim a sexy character presented sexily.

Captain Marvel denied that crowd the basic level of fan service that the Wonder Woman film gave out by using the classic costume and they are feeling some type of way about it.
    I'd say it's not even that. Most of the women in most of the Marvel movies have been cute and attractive, but dressed fairly modest and it's not been an issue with anyone including this crowd. It's that they were told by someone that Carol Danvers is everything wrong with Marvel these days so they have to invent reasons to dislike her no matter how flimsy.

Don't forget the first problem they had before anyone knew the plot of the film was that Brie didn't smile enuff in a teaser!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The irony is WW had a way bigger female audience. Women aren't offended by a female chars looks being played up.
    It depends on how it's done. Most women don't mind sexuality as long as it's kept tasteful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It depends on how it's done. Most women don't mind sexuality as long as it's kept tasteful.
    Well yeah I guess some ppl here said WW had Fan servicy elements so it's anyone's opinion what tasteful is. Point is playing down looks and sexuality definitely doesn't attract more women to a female char.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-20-2019 at 07:02 PM.