Page 264 of 827 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    The theme park was what I was really thinking about. My nice was at Disney world this week and wanted to ride the Little Mermaid ride as she has seen the movie countless times. When you said that your girls will most likely only really know the new live action one then that ride might seem strange to them. Again it will be interesting to see what Disney will do.
    That is actually an interesting question

hmmmmmm

There really isn't a right or wrong ansewr. I would assume they would keep it classic becaues I swear, Disney World is more for adults than kids these day slol

But still, interesting. Probably depends on the box office and merch sales too.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Joe Taslim of "The Raid" has been cast as Sub-Zero in the new Mortal Kombat movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1222984
    Off to a good start

I low key love the first Mortal Kombat

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Gal Gadot is Israeli/Jewish.
    Jews are not a race; they are an ethnic group. She is white.

Extraordinary Member

MCU Killmonger's American cousins were acting a fool at Disneyland. Grown man punching his female relatives for all the world to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I am Jewish and of Eastern European ancestry. I have always identified as white, although some people have told me, once they know that I'm Jewish, that I'm not white. So I guess I pass, huh?
    Huh, I'd have lost that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Holy S#it, Disney made a Wuxia flick.

An ARTSY Wuxia flick to boot.
    So does this term include the Shaw Brothers and the larger Wu-Tang collection of movies from the 70s? Or is this describing the more larger sweeping films that came later? The Venom Mob were definitely strong assed humans but they didn't do much tree flying. In any case it sounds better than Chop Suey flix which is played and prolly borderline offensive imo, kinda up there with Chitlin circuit depending on whose using it and for what I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Off to a good start

I low key love the first Mortal Kombat
    It feels like a slight to say it's the best video game movie ever since the field is full of **** but no shade here. The reveal scene where Sub-Zero and Scorpion come out of that room at the bottom of that ship. Shiiiiit, I may not pop that dual sided DVD in the player very often but best believe that's one of a dozen or so physicals I'm not gonna part with.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I am Jewish and of Eastern European ancestry. I have always identified as white, although some people have told me, once they know that I'm Jewish, that I'm not white. So I guess I pass, huh?
    Sorry for the late response....

Your post is pretty much what I have heard/been told from friends/co-workers/online folks regarding how they identify themselves....and how others label them.

Humanity is a complicated lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]
    It feels like a slight to say it's the best video game movie ever since the field is full of **** but no shade here. The reveal scene where Sub-Zero and Scorpion come out of that room at the bottom of that ship. Shiiiiit, I may not pop that dual sided DVD in the player very often but best believe that's one of a dozen or so physicals I'm not gonna part with.
    When reptile turned into ninja reptile... oh lawed I nerdgasmed..

@Surf and MindofShadow

Can I get your thoughts on the Mortal Kombat Legacy web series if you watched it?

@Surf and MindofShadow

Can I get your thoughts on the Mortal Kombat Legacy web series if you watched it?
    my unsolicited opinion
    Mortal Kombat>>>Mortal Kombat Legacy web series>>>>Mortal Kombat: Annihilation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Street Fighter

@Surf and MindofShadow

I remember watching it long ago but cna't for the life of me remember if I liked it lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    my unsolicited opinion
    Mortal Kombat>>>Mortal Kombat Legacy web series>>>>Mortal Kombat: Annihilation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Street Fighter
    Annihilation was so bad. It was awful

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Annihilation was so bad. It was awful
    Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was the first time I remember realizing that there were objectively bad movies. You know how when you are a kid there are movies you like and movies you aren't interested in? Annihilation was the one where I was finally old enough to be understand some movies are just out and out trash.

And I'd watched "Up All Night" on USA pretty regularly by this point.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Street Fighter

C'mon now, first thing there way too many greater thans here, take out all them joints. This ain't really Color Purple bein' that much better than Soul Plane or no ****. Then, and prolly this should be first- Annihilation is NOT better than Street Fighter.

Understand, Street Fighter... is a shitty movie. Can you imagine someone going into that show and having ZERO idea regarding the game. For sure sounds a lot like, "What the **** did I just see?". BUT, it has goofy charm, it has the really dope color palate that pretty much mimicked the game and they put in EVERYBODY and they all did their 'thing' more or less. Yes it's largely a clown show with a ton of inconsistencies and unintentional humor but then too, what are we even talking about, the game is thin af too. They put some money into them set pieces and the costumes were pretty accurate, again since ya know, this was arcade game originally. Imo I feel it really had no right to be as 'good' as it turned out if you take a step back. Also not for nuthin', Chun-Li has always been the star of this thing where I sat. I had a thing for Ming-Na for about a month and she was pretty hot in the Chun-Li get-up. I also stopped using Ryu after this movie came out cause I didn't like his characterization (which be honest was prolly accurate). Back in the day I used to wear mufkas out with Balrog if I had to, so no big loss there really. I saw both in the theaters and this was the more enjoyable time.

Annihilation not only was a **** movie but it ruined the great pop the first one got. The first movie was not just successful but damn near beloved at this point. There was nothing cool about Annihilation, even if the CGI would not have been not some of the worst CGI ever, the characterizations were all over. It was a Die Hard II level fall off. In terms of video game movies, hell any one of the Resident Evil movies are better than Annihilation. Annihilation was so bad they had to try something completely different with the web series just to bring cats back. It was meh imo btw, took itself a bit too seriously, I didn't even finish it. For a second I thought there was a newer one.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

The thing that always irked me about the Street Fighter movie was that it was NEEDLESSLY bad, when it could have been at least....passably mediocre.

I mean, Van Damme's The Quest and even Blood Sport are better Street Fighter movies than Street Fighter is.

How do you make a Street Fighter movie that ISN'T about a Martial Arts Tournament?

Its the main premise of the damn game.

Annihilation was utter garbage, but at least it was utter garbage that knew what its core premise was. At least
    give it that.

That being said I'll watch Street Fight just for Raul Julia but I wouldn't watch MKII under any circumstance. I'm not crazy.

Annihilation is what happens when the first movie makes money unexpectedly and NOBODY has any idea what to do next, so they did the literal least they could do like they didn't want to spend any money on the sequel because there'd be less surprise hit money for them to pocket/spend on Coke if they did.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the first Mortal Kombat was a Producers type situation where the film actually making a profit ruined somebody's scam somewhere.

PS: According to Wiki, the second movie cost twice as much as the first to make.

What they spent that money on God only knows. Not actors or FX or.... anything.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 07-11-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Fighting game movies are tougher to make than one would think because someone is always gonna be pissed that their favorite character got short changed. That's even part of what went wrong with Street Fighter. The director realized there was only so much focus you could give each character, but the Capcom reps insisted that the screenplay have as many people from the game as possible, which is how you ended up with weird **** like Dhalsim being a scientist or Dee Jay being a computer expert (the ****?).