Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
This is really interesting. You've got a modernized Marvel
version of a Wuxia film with a guy in the lead who HK producers would never cast as a Wuxia lead.

You either had to have Martial Arts chops, be a HK popstar or be a HK drama vet (and Jackie Chan was technically all 3).

That leaves out a lot of legitimate talent who never came up through those grinds.

Time was something like this would automatically go to a guy like Tiger Chen and only because Jackie, Jet and them have aged out of the young leading man category ( and Jackie held on for 20 after that).
All this. I remember the mild shock at how old Jet was at the time of Romeo Must Die. Mans held on tough and got more popular older he got even though most of his portrayals were supposed to have been younger characters.

My biggest thing is, I remember a time long ago a group of actors were known as the Venom Mob. These dude were superstars to me when I was in High School in the 90s. They movies were hard to find back in the day and this was when John Woo was getting some serious run in the states. Even actors outside the Mob were guys like Lo Lieh who were favorites and big stars. Man I don't know what happened but to this day I still look at Jackie Chan with a side eye. This is the guy that broke through when you had ALL these fantastic physical actors pre- and post Bruce Lee?!?! Just could never figure that out. Different standards for a different land I guess. Trailer does look dope, I'm here for it.