Page 195 of 827 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 12396
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ha yeah I thought Cho did a really good Carol. Tbf I think Brie has a better body than what's presented in the movie it's like they taped her body parts down not to offend people lol.
    I'm curious to see MCU Carol interacting with Rhodey.

I never read a story featuring them together, but this page is funny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Anyone, to come full circle, the reason why she gets so much **** is because she is actually playing a heroine people care about and her costume shows off a lot more skin, which makes her lack of muscles bother some people. Can't complain about muscles when they are behind leather suites
    Plus, you will find an endless display of Instagram fitness models decked out as Wonder Woman....and they look way more representative of the character than Gal.

Check out Brigitte Goudz.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    This is the very reason why Latinos are the least represented demographic in America across mostly all mediums, despite being the 2nd largest group. This passive attitude of "I don't care". There's so many new characters created in recent times, that I'm going to give a writer props for when said new characters are Latino, because there are so few of them. Agendas be damned!

Jaime Reyes and Jessica Cruz are great characters! And I don't just love them because they're Latinos, but I do appreciate that a writer created them as such. Or someone like Crazy Jane on the Doom Patrol show. In the comics she isn't Latina, but on the show she's played by Diane Guererro, who is killing it in that role! According to your logic, Diane is just filling a quota because Jane isn't Latina in the comics... Weird logic imo.
    So I have to go to comicons or be a jerk on twitter and assault every writer and creater and call them everything in the book because they dont create enough latino or latina characters?

Then if they do under pressure someone will accuse them of mischaracterization and being wrong as the writer because they are writing it as someone not of that culture.

Or do i go to warner bros headquarters and lambaste them for having tom hardy and shane west represent a latino character in Bane.

If a character sticks it sticks...do i wish living lightning was as popular as bishop when he first came out? Yes,does it always work? No

I am not gonna be a jerk to others and call them names just because i want special attention and then criticize them for trying.

Extraordinary Member

Blame it on Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor.

She may be the first actress to actually put in some gym work for an action role.

I also give the side-eye to Zoe as Gamora with her spaghetti arms. Zoe could have at least toned up like Linda did. It makes sense that she started going long-sleeve after the first GoTG film.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Sorry but I have to break this down

Fine cool. (Just note Most popular character was created in era that was racist, The comics creators weren't racist themselves but they couldn't make diverse books who would buy them? Anyways superhero comics revolve around this period characters which is fine but when it is time for books to refocus they always default to these characters aka X-men,Avengers and Justice League get diverse as hell but when it is time to refresh concepts the books always end up very very white.)

Once again fine. Basically you are saying I don't care that all old popular characters are white, You grew up liking them because they were cool and every comic book fan understand this but you never had a choice

Here is where your argument breaks down, clearly characters are defined by their representation because changing clearly makes a difference to you.

So to be clear your first two statement says hey keep characters mostly white and not reflect the real world. Your third statement is don't old characters to other races to more accurately reflect the real world like they would if they weren't created in that period. Finally you don't people to complain the fact comics aren't very diverse in terms of the major characters and you don't want them to express that opinion. And it is last statement that is most annoying because you want people to be stuck in past like you. But to each their own.

I don't get it, personally I love comics I am not going to stop reading them because the characters don't look like me BUT why shouldn't some look like me? Better yet why shouldn't characters that matter in the story look like me? Nobody wants them to change Superman or Spiderman to another race BUT where are characters from other races who have the impact of those guys. Yeah that right Two big is consistently push older characters as important(we can discuss why later). I have been reading comics for nearly 30 years now. That how long it has taken for 1 character to break through in Black Panther as big time character main stream and two characters to get shows in Black Lighting and Luke Cage. Yes I am well aware Blade(who hasn't shown up since) , Spawn(who hasn't shown up since),Static( who hasn't shown up since).

Anyways the big point you don't care fine that is on you but why are YOU against other people being able to see themselves when they look at heroes. Name me ONE Asian or Latino hero that has been in Marvel or DC film. We are in 2019 freaking Katana and El Diablo will probably be your answer. You might not care but would it be nice to have ONE ? Just ONE significant well made minority character that looks like you but hey just shut up and say nothing I am sure they will create one. Right? Justice League fails does horrible but Batman still gets a movie, Wonder Woman of course gets a movie, Aquaman still gets a movie, Flash which keep losing directors and script is up in the air is still gets a movie. Cyborg though disappears off the face of planet. Yup that is problem in the nutshell. Cyborg doesn't get a movie but Batman does but you still want to see diversity hmmmm. I guess we have might change Superman or Batman to another race. Final point yeah it is not big deal but how does saying nothing make things better?
    Well first off,i do have a choice. It's called I don't have to read it. So your complaint is that they write about white characters. So I'm assuming when dave cockrum helped create storm and kirby with stan made black panther....were they still catering to a specific group or were they being daring?

So wait a minute they have to change an established character's race and culture and gender just ti satisfy a quota or your needs? That's lazy and disrespectful to any writer or artist who contributed to that established character.

You want more representation,then create a new character. Like your avatar pic. Bishop...one of the best characters to show up.

Kamala khan....another fine character. Bane a latino who defeated Batman. Robbie Reyes a NEW ghost rider. That doesnt seem to be enough for you. You want to erase what was there to satisfy your personal need. That is vanity.

Again you are confusing matters. Make all the new characters/sidekicks you want. Always can be two of the same. Miguel O'hara as well.

So again read carefully....before you start complaining about cyborg you have a Blade/Black Panther/even static shock as you complained about had his own cartoon.

I cannot force people to watch a robbie Reyes ghost rider film and then lie by saying he is the most popular character on the rostor. If i did that you know what it is called??? Facism..

My family immigrated here from a communist country. I will not have someone force me what to like or deny my opinion becuase the majority doesnt agree. I dont deny your opinon,you have no right to say mine is anyless valid

Ha yeah I thought Cho did a really good Carol. Tbf I think Brie has a better body than what's presented in the movie it's like they taped her body parts down not to offend people lol.
    They didn't tape down nothing,watch her in Scott Pilgrim vs. The world. A broomstick with splinters has more curves.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Speaking personally, I'm more concerned (in as much as I can be concerned) about these characters representing practical fitness. If you're like me and you cut your teeth reading those old Marvel Masterwork collections of 60's comics, you'll notice how extremely ugly superhero characters have become in the last 20 years or so. The guys are as ripped as Mr Olympic level body builders, and the dames look like ridiculous bikini models. It's become more about imposing some degree of photo realism/body dismorphia on the superhero fantasy. "Look at Superman's muscles, fatty! Yeah look at them. Hrrrrm, so poised, so tense, so very very peaked. You'll never look like that! Eat your donuts! Lick the crumbs! You're disgusting."

What's wild is that guys with big muscles are useless in a scrap compared to people with more practical builds. A serious body builder is in a constantly hyper atrophied state; they can run out of breath way more easily than smaller people, and when they get injured, it's waaaaaaay more devastating than for someone with a smaller build. When WWE wrestlers shifted from actual wrestlers to big body builders, the level of ruinous injuries sky-rocketed. I hate kids watching Marvel movies and thinking that Chris Pratt's 10 hours in a gym look is a healthy and sustainable goal for them. It's also nuts that people think the women aren't sexy enough.

On the comics side of things, I much prefer the works of guys like Jeff Smith, Darwyn Cooke, Matt Wagner, and David Aja. People who actually cartoon their characters in the classic sense and have their own powerful sense of style, compared to this trend for photo realistic drips of swear running down their asscracks, y'know.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm curious to see MCU Carol interacting with Rhodey.

I never read a story featuring them together, but this page is funny.

Doubt it will happen seeing Cheadle and Brie kissing would drive ppl really crazy.lol. Scarjo and Falcon had a lil spark tho.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    They didn't tape down nothing,watch her in Scott Pilgrim vs. The world. A broomstick with splinters has more curves.
    Damn son you went in.Loooolll I still think they could have found a more flattering suit tho

Man this conversation got nuts and off topic but... Chris Pratt and the Marvel guys aren't even huge lol. Imean, i say that as someone who puts lifting weights as my number one hobby but... come on lol. comparing chris pratt or hemsworth or whatever to a professional bodybuilder is crazy land lol. Chris Pratts peak look is 100% sustainable depending on their genetic potential.

i'd counter this with Skull Island lol

To get back on topic lol

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...t-film-a167254

John David Washington is cast as the lead for Nolan's newest movie.

Is Lucius fox teh only black person in any Nolan movie?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Damn son you went in.Loooolll I still think they could have found a more flattering suit tho
    The only reason she didn't like the older Ms. Marvel outfits was because there would be nothing to hold them up if she wore it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Speaking personally, I'm more concerned (in as much as I can be concerned) about these characters representing practical fitness. If you're like me and you cut your teeth reading those old Marvel Masterwork collections of 60's comics, you'll notice how extremely ugly superhero characters have become in the last 20 years or so. The guys are as ripped as Mr Olympic level body builders, and the dames look like ridiculous bikini models. It's become more about imposing some degree of photo realism/body dismorphia on the superhero fantasy. "Look at Superman's muscles, fatty! Yeah look at them. Hrrrrm, so poised, so tense, so very very peaked. You'll never look like that! Eat your donuts! Lick the crumbs! You're disgusting."

What's wild is that guys with big muscles are useless in a scrap compared to people with more practical builds. A serious body builder is in a constantly hyper atrophied state; they can run out of breath way more easily than smaller people, and when they get injured, it's waaaaaaay more devastating than for someone with a smaller build. When WWE wrestlers shifted from actual wrestlers to big body builders, the level of ruinous injuries sky-rocketed. I hate kids watching Marvel movies and thinking that Chris Pratt's 10 hours in a gym look is a healthy and sustainable goal for them. It's also nuts that people think the women aren't sexy enough.

On the comics side of things, I much prefer the works of guys like Jeff Smith, Darwyn Cooke, Matt Wagner, and David Aja. People who actually cartoon their characters in the classic sense and have their own powerful sense of style, compared to this trend for photo realistic drips of swear running down their asscracks, y'know.
    That's effed up you calling bodybuilders and bikini models ugly. But seriously you gotta remember too those 60s/70s comics expressed ideals too somebody like Steve Reeves or wasn't typical. Steroids and plastic surgery changed the game for better or worse comics just reflect that.

Bodybuilders are actually really flexible, I think you see a lot more injuries with wrestling now because of the added high risk maneuvers and more grueling schedules. But honestly the fact that someone like Dusty Rhodes had a career is stunning if you look at him compared to wrestlers today-but even back then you had your ripped wrestlers like Rocky Johnson,Tony Atlas or Paul Orndorff and those dudes were no joke.

Niffleheim

The scene of Chris Evan ripping the log of firewood in to two at the farm in Avengers AoU looks so comical to me every time I see it because you immediately have to compare that action to his shoulders and muscles lol! and scream impossible (but then there a lot of impossible things in superhero movies ��)
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-19-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The only reason she didn't like the older Ms. Marvel outfits was because there would be nothing to hold them up if she wore it
    Yoooooowww I can't with you LOL.

Ultimate Member

Didn't have to come from the outside. More like the inside with certain writing staff.

Hell look at Waid with Meyer and the stuff that happened there with the lawsuit. Hell even EVS is backing Meyer and he is like john byrne was...pretty much non existent in comicbook work
    John Byrne still works in the industry. He mainly works with IDW. He mainly does stuff for Star Trek. SO lets end that false narrative.

Nor do i care for alterations to an established character to fit a quota. Stan Lee wasn't for it. Neither am i.
    Where is your evidence to support this? Most of the time it was done is because certain comics book stores wouldn't order books with new characters ESPECIALLY POC no matter who the writer was. Not because they wouldn't sell but because the person on the cover wasn't straight white or male.
    Hope Larson has to deal with on Goldie Vance and that is why they went OGN and still got a movie deal.
    The Burnside Batgirl team also dealt with it doing Motor Crush.
    Chuck Dixon raised heck about it-in the 80s when he did Strike with Tom Lyle.
    Ben Aaronovitch-DR Who writer & creator of Rivers of London-ask HIM. He had to FIGHT with publishers because they kept trying to hide the fact the lead of his book is a black guy.
    I can name more.

Stan didn't support it? Explain how Stan's last creation for Marvel was SHE HULK? What about Johnny Storm? Wasn't there a Human Torch before him?

before you start complaining about cyborg you have a Blade/Black Panther/even static shock as you complained about had his own cartoon.
    Going by this logic-
    Storm fans need to can it because Moon Girl & Riri & Shuri have books. Along with Goldie Vance-who got a movie deal.

That is not how it will EVER work.

Cyborg fans have every right to be PISSED.
    Storm fans have every right to be FURIOUS.
    Duke Thomas fans have a right to be ANGRY.

They REFUSE to settle for what Miles & the gang have done. They want to know why is that NOT being done with their favorites.

They want to know why DC's "best" writer lacks the skills to offer a competent Duke Thomas in DC's flagship title known as Batman.
    They want to know why Storm has to be in Logan's bed or in a black male bashing Black Panther book to get development.
    They want to know why DC's top writers "CRAP" on Cyborg.
    They want to know WHY in order to read about a well done black character-it has to be at another company.

Before you scream agenda-I am talking BUSINESS. Because what Dc won't do-OTHERS will. You don't send folks to competition. Yet DC is doing that.