Page 322 of 826 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422822 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 12390

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    One of the researchers already made a profile for Static that includes all the stuff here this really is an uneven fight and isn't even all that great thematically a better fight would have been Miles vs Deku.
    How would Deku be better thematically?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Abrams was never supposed to come back though. That Colin dude was supposed to do the third film.

Which makes all his mystery boxes with no plans at the top even more messed up.
    Well according to this Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow jumped in to do Star Wars VIII , Abrams had the entire trilogy outlined with scripts. That they basically decided not to use his script he laid out for the Last Jedi.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...de-viii-script

I think we likely would have seen a bigger push with what Abrams wanted to do. His focus seemed to be on the new core of characters he had laid out .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I just saw Rise of Skywalker. Um...I liked it, I was entertained, I thought it was better than Last Jedi but not as good overal than the Force Awakens.

I'm kinda looking at Abrams sideways now, though.

spoilers:
    That Rylo kiss felt like a big middle finger to anyone rooting for Finn and Rey.
    end of spoilers

Even if I overlook that, I'd like him to either s*** or get off the toilet in regards to Finn. Well, I would have liked that since the movie is already filmed but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How would Deku be better thematically?
    They're both legacy heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I just saw Rise of Skywalker. Um...I liked it, I was entertained, I thought it was better than Last Jedi but not as good overal than the Force Awakens.

spoilers:
    That Rylo kiss felt like a big middle finger to anyone rooting for Finn and Rey.
    end of spoilers

Even if I overlook that, I'd like him to either s*** or get off the toilet in regards to Finn. Well, I would have liked that since the movie is already filmed but still.

Really why not do Finn/Rose ? The 2 were really close given the last film. To me that was the biggest complaint and mystery of what the hell happened to DJ (Benicio del Toro) ? His character really never got paid back for what he did or any update.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Really why not do Finn/Rose ? The 2 were really close given the last film. To me that was the biggest complaint and mystery of what the hell happened to DJ (Benicio del Toro) ? His character really never got paid back for what he did or any update.
    Rose, Rey, Poe, hell, new-girl, just do something. If this is the last time we're seeing these characters do something. WTF Abrams.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    LOL shots fired from Boyega though. yeeesh (SW spoilers btw)

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/statu...90062147637251

I see no lies there.

Someone get this dude in an actual good movie that uses his talents please. Get him in BP2!
    Although I haven't seen the film and have no plans watching it, I don't really mind getting spoiled.

With that said what he posted there, it all starts to make sense now. I feel that John Boyega does not like the romance direction in that film.

I remembered when he said if he had to choose between Rose or Rey, he would pick Rey as the love interest because it made more sense.

He even made a comment on Instagram about that romance to where many Reylo shippers got upset lol.

Seeing how he stated that he doesn't like the direction of the previous film, losing his script, posting a bunch of Star Wars spoilers etc. Yea, I don't think he wants to come back to that franchise again. And I don't blame him.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I liked DJ. He's an uncompromised Han Solo who lived by his own code. I'm okay with underworlders acting like underworlders. If you hire an amoral mercenary, make sure you have a bigger wallet than the bad guy.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

and mystery of what the hell happened to DJ (Benicio del Toro) ? His character really never got paid back for what he did or any update.
    I don't see a reason for that character to return. He was just someone who screwed them over. He existed to show that everything isn't black & white, like it's usually presented in Star Wars films (and plenty of other films as well).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Reylo is just fucking creepy and toxic. Also reaffirms the negative "Redeem your man" ideology.

Rose, Rey, Poe, hell, new-girl, just do something. If this is the last time we're seeing these characters do something. WTF Abrams.
    To be fair we learned a lot of Poe's backstory and who he was before he joined up with the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I don't see a reason for that character to return. He was just someone who screwed them over. He existed to show that everything isn't black & white, like it's usually presented in Star Wars films (and plenty of other films as well).
    I wish we could have seen a glimpse of pay back or where he went after this. Some update of some kind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    What? Finn was a joke in RoS.

He literally just ran around screaming "REEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!" at least he had his own arc in TLJ.
    Transitioning to co-general of the resistance, discovering there are more like him, and discovering he's force sensitive is definitely character progression,

Where in TLJ he was literally Jar Jar Binks 2.0, I have rarely ever seen a character treated as a joke and a dude in distress as Finn in TLJ.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Agreed almost entirely on this. The only difference is I prefer RoS of TFA. I think I'd like TFA more if Finn didn't get wrecked by a stormtrooper and was able to tag with Rey as a Jedi to battle Kylo. Though it's still heaps better compare to Finn's treatment in TLJ. 10 minutes in and you get knocked out...*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Transitioning to co-general of the resistance, discovering there are more like him, and discovering he's force sensitive is definitely character progression,

Where in TLJ he was literally Jar Jar Binks 2.0, I have rarely ever seen a character treated as a joke and a dude in distress as Finn in TLJ.
    1. And other than a title what did that amount to? He didn't command anyone, other than a bunch of horse creatures.
    2. Again, and? She ran off with Lando.
    3. That was never, ever, confirmed in the film. Hinting at something, and the writer stating his intention after the fact isn't the same as progression.

In TLJ he had an entire character arc, mostly divorced from Rey which resulted in a personal conclusion with the defeat of HIS nemesis Phasma.

TLJ Finn story - Recovers from VII, panics reverts to flight vs fight mentality, with help of Rose learns to rededicate himself to a cause greater than him, confronts and defeats Phasma, and attempts to sacrifice himself for that cause.

ROS Finn Story - Learns other people are kidnapped child soldiers, blows up a command post, screams Rey a lot. That's not an arc, its background noise. Poe suffered the same problem.

I understand the criticism people have with TLJ in regards to their expectations of a Star Wars movie, but at least the three leads each had their own arcs.

ROS was watchable, and if you liked it cool, but it is probably one of my least favorite Star Wars films.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-02-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Agreed almost entirely on this. The only difference is I prefer RoS of TFA. I think I'd like TFA more if Finn didn't get wrecked by a stormtrooper and was able to tag with Rey as a Jedi to battle Kylo. Though it's still heaps better compare to Finn's treatment in TLJ. 10 minutes in and you get knocked out...*facepalm*
    TFA gets a slight edge only because of the finale fight. Its not perfect, heck you can even argue its messy, but...damn if I don't like re-watching it.