Page 822 of 828 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 12408
    Invincible Member

Interesting thread on DEI in response to the Lemon/Musk interview

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/s...79591363408058

...Synch had time to shine? When was this?
    Sometime around 1994-95.

Ultimate Member

https://deadline.com/2024/03/candace...re-1235865687/

Candace Owens, the right-wing media figure, is no longer at The Daily Wire, her signature platform for nearly four years.

“Daily Wire and Candace Owens have ended their relationship,” Daily Wire co-founder Jeremy Boreing wrote on X/Twitter this morning.

Owens confirmed the departure, and said that she would be bringing her show to her personal YouTube page after a brief hiatus. “The rumors are true— I am finally free,” she wrote.

Known for her culture warrior rhetoric, Owens has embraced conspiracy theories since the Hamas attacks on Israel on October 7. This week, the Anti-Defamation League called out Owens for “vitriolic antisemitism.” Earlier this week, she “liked” a tweet that advanced an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that Jews were “drunk on Christian blood,” per Mediaite.
    Tokens get spent.

Unfortunately, Owens will probably get work on some right-wing network. Although, I doubt she'll get that big paycheck she was getting from the Daily Wire.

Those pay their guys good money to spout hateful nonsense. It's interesting that they had no problem with Owens disparaging everyone under the sun (except white people) but when it came to Jewish people (like Shapiro and co), they had problems with it. Hypocrisy. The funny thing is she didn't even disparage Jewish people, that's what makes it all the more funny.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://deadline.com/2024/03/candace...re-1235865687/

Tokens get spent.

Unfortunately, Owens will probably get work on some right-wing network. Although, I doubt she'll get that big paycheck she was getting from the Daily Wire.

Those pay their guys good money to spout hateful nonsense. It's interesting that they had no problem with Owens disparaging everyone under the sun (except white people) but when it came to Jewish people (like Shapiro and co), they had problems with it. Hypocrisy. The funny thing is she didn't even disparage Jewish people, that's what makes it all the more funny.
    I just heard about this! A couple of interesting things...Rarely does Candace have credible political activists on her show, but a couple months ago she had Jewish pro-Palestine author Norm Finkelstein on her show. It was pretty clear that she just had him on to stick it to Shapiro.

Also, her husband is a millionaire and his dad is a former British Lord so it's not like she's going to be hurting for money. But I wonder what's her next stop ( if any ) the right wing grift-o-sphere. I don't think Fox would take her as a regular anymore ( I could be wrong ) and Alex Jones got fed up with her after a couple visits a few years back. Maybe there's a spot for her on OAN.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I just heard about this! A couple of interesting things...Rarely does Candace have credible political activists on her show, but a couple months ago she had Jewish pro-Palestine author Norm Finkelstein on her show. It was pretty clear that she just had him on to stick it to Shapiro.

Also, her husband is a millionaire and his dad is a former British Lord so it's not like she's going to be hurting for money. But I wonder what's her next stop ( if any ) the right wing grift-o-sphere. I don't think Fox would take her as a regular anymore ( I could be wrong ) and Alex Jones got fed up with her after a couple visits a few years back. Maybe there's a spot for her on OAN.
    Yeah, she might get something on OAN or one of those crazy right-wing networks.

I suspect she'll just continue her own YouTube channels but it would probably not have the reach of the Daily Wire.

Funny enough, wasn't she just saying on the Breakfast Club that Shapiro couldn't fire her? LOL.

Invincible Member

Yeah, she might get something on OAN or one of those crazy right-wing networks.

I suspect she'll just continue her own YouTube channels but it would probably not have the reach of the Daily Wire.

Funny enough, wasn't she just saying on the Breakfast Club that Shapiro couldn't fire her? LOL.
    I remember Jeremy Boreing, one of the other founders of Daily Wire, a few months ago saying that Ben technically doesn't have the power to fire Candace. I'm sure it's a legal thing with who's actual name is on which contact etc. But no doubt Ben and Jeremy had a long discussion together and then they had a talk with their financial backers and decided that Owens had to go.

The Black media sphere has a tough outter shell. Especially if you are not a musical artist, athlete or entertainment entity to back up whatever you pushing.

The Breakfast Club is definitely outside of that however they DO share the same atmosphere. She has nowhere to go beyond that upper atmosphere and Budden, and even Budden's interview was on the pay tier. Not really a precedent for one to 'come back' in a sense, she's got no work to fall back on.

Relevancy is a drug and I have no idea where her new supplier will be. All the personalities too hot for FOX News seem to take the grift to OAN but... her?? Can't see that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The Black media sphere has a tough outter shell. Especially if you are not a musical artist, athlete or entertainment entity to back up whatever you pushing.

The Breakfast Club is definitely outside of that however they DO share the same atmosphere. She has nowhere to go beyond that upper atmosphere and Budden, and even Budden's interview was on the pay tier. Not really a precedent for one to 'come back' in a sense, she's got no work to fall back on.

Relevancy is a drug and I have no idea where her new supplier will be. All the personalities too hot for FOX News seem to take the grift to OAN but... her?? Can't see that.
    Candace Owens on OAN would just be a slightly less crazy non-blonde Liz Wheeler. She only has a following online, so I can't see her getting a sirius deal like Megyn Kelly did. Maybe Prager U could take her, or she could work for the Blaze.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Exactly, especially the bolded.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Candace Owens on OAN would just be a slightly less crazy non-blonde Liz Wheeler. She only has a following online, so I can't see her getting a sirius deal like Megyn Kelly did. Maybe Prager U could take her, or she could work for the Blaze.
    Megyn Kelly is the one of the original conservative female "prototypes". She's built-up a following for herself from decades of working on TV. That's not to mention that Megyn Kelly is actually well-educated and did come across as someone that knew what she was talking about (prior to 2008 for obvious reasons).

Candace Owens simply doesn't have the "cache" the likes of Megyn Kelly have and because she is a black woman who isn't on TV, can't build up the following in the right-wing space that a Megyn Kelly can. Owens comes across as legit ignorant on basic things and falters during a lot of general interviews because 1. Her claim to fame is regurgitating racist talking points about black people, lots of which are just false but because it makes her racist audience happy, she just says it 2. Her politics are "online reactionary" with little research behind it 3. She was dog-licking the boots of her paymasters and constantly trying to please them. Candace had the reach she had because of the Daily Wire and my understanding is she was well paid for her nonsense (those guys were offering Stephen Crowder tens of millions of dollars; those guys pay pretty well). Without them, she simply won't have that reach anymore. As an aside, the online right-wing space has big, big, big money behind it. A lot of people don't realize the most prominent "chuds" on YouTube and social media are connected to larger right-wing networks and are directly backed by some of them (that's why so many people jump into that space). A lot of independent right-wing creators struggle to make a living off social media alone without the larger financial backing.

Prager U has their "black face" in Amala Ekpunobi to perform the Candace Owens role, I'm not sure they have space for another token black female. Not to mention that it seems some prominent people aren't happy with Owens' words recently.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-22-2024 at 01:30 PM.

Invincible Member

Candace was actually at Pager U before she went to Daily Wire. I doubt they'd take her back now. At least not doing her old show there.

I've actually seen a number of black people online saying they actually like Candace Owens, which flipped me out. Her pivoting to get black supporters might actually work.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I've actually seen a number of black people online saying they actually like Candace Owens, which flipped me out. Her pivoting to get black supporters might actually work.
    I'm not sure that she was consciously trying to rebrand to get black support, cuz she was doing all these other shows at the same time. I think it just seems that way though because The Breakfast Club and Budden have bigger platforms than say Twitch streamers like Destiny and Fresh and Fit. And black people who say they like her probably aren't that familiar with her more anti-black statements.

Speaking of Fresh and Fit though, the latest rumor I heard was that her appearance on that show was the breaking point for Daily Wire. Supposedly when she was there and every time someone mentioned Ben Shapiro, the host would play a cash register sound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cool. We need more superhero fiction outside of Marvel and DC.