Page 78 of 827 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 12391

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The first president to deal with this criticism also happens to also be the first black president of the US.

Do the math.
    I have.

Former President Bush authorized 50 drone strikes.
    Former President Obama authorized 506 drone strikes. Those drone strikes killed almost twice as many civilians as former President Bush.

If you look at those numbers and your takeaway is "I believe that the criticism directed at former President Obama was mostly racially motivated...", you may want to consider taking a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I have.

Former President Bush authorized 50 drone strikes.
    Former President Obama authorized 506 drone strikes. Those drone strikes killed almost twice as many civilians as former President Bush.

If you look at those numbers and your takeaway is "I believe that the criticism directed at former President Obama was mostly racially motivated...", you may want to consider taking a second look.
    I'm looking at how Trump has expanded the use of drone strikes since his entering office.

I'm looking at how Trump has said that not only should the US kill terrorists but also their families to stop them from radicalizing.

I'm looking at how the Trump administration isn't even bothering to calculate civilian death tolls from drone strikes.

I'm looking at how none of this has gotten anywhere near the criticism that Obama faced.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Shades of Emitt Till. Yeah there has to start being some consequences for all these baseless police calls.
    Exactly.

What's scary is how many black people have been reported to police over the years for flimsy reasons.

The only reasons we are seeing this is because of mobile phones and the internet.

I'm looking at how Trump has expanded the use of drone strikes since his entering office.

I'm looking at how Trump has said that not only should the US kill terrorists but also their families to stop them from radicalizing.

I'm looking at how the Trump administration isn't even bothering to calculate civilian death tolls from drone strikes.

I'm looking at how none of this has gotten anywhere near the criticism that Obama faced.
    While it requires a degree of assumption, I have a feeling that most folks who voted for former President Obama did so based on that he was running in terms of representing a different approach from former President Bush when it came to use of military force.

Instead of actually being that alternative when it came to drone usage, he simply increased what was already an incredibly flawed approach.

In any even remotely logical scenario, that will get you criticism.

Most likely more criticism than a Republican who is doing the same thing. Is there a scenario where you actually expect the Republican not to do so?

While it requires a degree of assumption, I have a feeling that most folks who voted for former President Obama did so based on that he was running in terms of representing a different approach from former President Bush when it came to use of military force.

Instead of actually being that alternative when it came to drone usage, he simply increased what was already an incredibly flawed approach.

In any even remotely logical scenario, that will get you criticism.

Most likely more criticism than a Republican who is doing the same thing. Is there a scenario where you actually expect the Republican not to do so?
    There isn't one. But I also expect that same Republican to face just as much if not more criticism. Especially when he has even less regard for human life than Obama.

There isn't one. But I also expect that same Republican to face just as much if not more criticism. Especially when he has even less regard for human life than Obama.
    Politely, why would you expect someone who had not essentially abandoned the policy position that folks voted for to be the one who winds up getting the most criticism?

I can see the "Less regard..." take, but Trump isn't tossing what he ran on to just continue Bush-era drone policy.

It isn't really "Apples" to "Apples".

Politely, why would you expect someone who had not essentially abandoned the policy position that folks voted for to be the one who winds up getting the most criticism?

I can see the "Less regard..." take, but Trump isn't tossing what he ran on to just continue Bush-era drone policy.

It isn't really "Apples" to "Apples".
    Because he's taking it to extremes that his predecessors never reached and shows zero remorse for it unlike Obama.

Because he's taking it to extremes that his predecessors never reached and shows zero remorse for it unlike Obama.
    Man, remorse?

I'd settle for "Just avoid ramping it up to where you are going to have to feel remorse over what you have done later."

From either of them.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-19-2018 at 03:03 AM.

you are acting like it was democrats who constantly brought up the drone strikes and not conservatives using it as another reason to tell us obama was the antichrist
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Nonsense

Knowledge ✊🏿
    Yo thanks man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    But how is that the movement problem? That's like us saying not seeing results for police murders makes BLM suspect.

The movement is bringing attention to all of these folks and trying to get them behind bars. It's the justice system that's failing the public, the movement can't force these folks to go to jail.

Not to say the metoo movement is perfect. I mean we all saw the lack of treatment for Terry Crews (though men were dogging him out more than women.) But seeing equal results isn't one of their issue.
    I truly believe that I've explained my stance on the group. Only certain men have been targeted. Only certain men have had to face the consequences (prison, death of their careers, loss of business opportunities, public shaming, etc.) for their actions. Some of their actions have not actually been proven, such as the case with Kobe.

Other men, with a history of abusing women are free to go about their lives. Alec Baldwin who verbally abused his own daughter, is free to go about his business.

If you don't agree with my stance, that's perfectly fine. We all see the world differently.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Let's be clear, Cos was on a whole other level than the dudes in the entertainment industry who have had to lie low after whipping it out at
    the workplace one too many times.

There are depositions about Cos slipping
    MANY Women Quaaludes going back since I was in Grammar School.

That is big time serial sex offender ****.

If he wasn't Bill Cosby he'd of gotten 20 to life. If he wasn't
    Bill Cosby he'd of earned himself a nickname like the "San Francisco Sandman" or something.
    Folks have known about Cosby for decades.

The only real question for me is: why now?

Was it the movement/perfect storm, or simply the mass media decided it was time for Cosby to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I truly believe that I've explained my stance on the group. Only certain men have been targeted. Only certain men have had to face the consequences (prison, death of their careers, loss of business opportunities, public shaming, etc.) for their actions. Some of their actions have not actually been proven, such as the case with Kobe.

Other men, with a history of abusing women are free to go about their lives. Alec Baldwin who verbally abused his own daughter, is free to go about his business.

If you don't agree with my stance, that's perfectly fine. We all see the world differently.
    Not just free to do so.

MSNBC gave the guy a show. He's on SNL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Because atleast blm had evidence on their side and proceeded from that standpoint. Yeah you had cops on video tape shooting unarmed blackmen in the back and beating the case. That's a failure of the justice system. Metoo doesn't proceed from the evidence standpoint or due process it's hearsay and allegations. And any movement supporting people going to jail and losing their job based on someone's word is suspect and unlawful from the beginning. And please don't say nobody is doing that in the movement because they most definitely are.

And so far the only people going to jail because a white woman said so are blackmen that's the difference. Lucky there was video in this case or who the hell knows what would've happened to that kid.
    This movement looks like a way to target black men in the name of social & judiciary justice, without being called racist.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Folks have known about Cosby for decades.

The only real question for me is: why now?

Was it the movement/perfect storm, or simply the mass media decided it was time for Cosby to go down?
    Hannibal made it part of his stand up so a lot of people who weren't hip to the issue found out. It started as a Hannibal vs Cosby's moral hypocrisy thing, then snowballed into the sexual harassment issue as more women spoke up and said, "No it's true. Bill tried it with me."