Page 224 of 827 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Did any one watch the Blade TV series that Geoff Johns did on Spike TV like 10 years ago? I've never seen it but was told it was really good.
    I've heard the opposite. Heard he was a supporting character in his own show.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I've heard the opposite. Heard he was a supporting character in his own show.
    I've heard the same, that the real star was some character named Krista Starr.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've heard the same, that the real star was some character named Krista Starr.
    Yeah wikipedia seems to give a general outline of the plot and it basically claims Krista Starr was the main character with Blade as the secondary one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_(TV_series)

Goyer's take on it....

Goyer later explained, "What the series is, in a weird way, is kind of like a Wiseguy with vampires, because Jill's character is kind of a double agent working for Blade, within the vampire community, and [we're] treating the vampires sort of like the ultimate crime family. Blade realizes at the beginning of the pilot that he's not making much headway, just sort of hacking and slashing, that he needs to know more about their inner workings."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Netflix Picks Up Its First Animated Series From Africa, ‘Mama K’s Team 4’

Netflix is adding to its growing slate of African content with its first original animated series, “Mama K’s Team 4,” produced by South Africa’s award-winning Triggerfish Animation Studios and British kids’ and family entertainment production company CAKE.

The series follows four teenage girls living in a futuristic version of Lusaka, Zambia, who are recruited by a retired secret agent to save the world. It was created by Zambian writer Malenga Mulendema, who in 2015 was one of eight winners of the Triggerfish Story Lab, a pan-African talent search backed by the Cape Town-based animation studio and The Walt Disney Co. The series is designed by the Cameroonian artist Malcolm Wope.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/net...sh-1203189786/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Did any one watch the Blade TV series that Geoff Johns did on Spike TV like 10 years ago? I've never seen it but was told it was really good.
    It's meh.

It' sgot the grindhouse gratuitous bloodshed and boobs but Blade's a supporting character in his own show and the actor that plays him can't fight all that well( I give him props for trying though).

So when you do see him you aren't all that thrilled.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's meh.

It' sgot the grindhouse gratuitous bloodshed and boobs but Blade's a supporting character in his own show and the actor that plays him can't fight all that well( I give him props for trying though).

So when you do see him you aren't all that thrilled.
    Seemed to have been a running theme with Blade. It's like they liked the popularity that Blade brought but didn't want a black male lead anymore, so they made the last movie and latest series about someone else which is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Seemed to have been a running theme with Blade. It's like they liked the popularity that Blade brought but didn't want a black male lead anymore, so they made the last movie and latest series about someone else which is asinine.
    This is why Black Panther kinda scares me with certain fans downplaying T'challa so much

I got blade PTSD lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

my mother didn't think that T'challa was very "super." she asked why Lupita wasn't the Black Panther. but she's a walking dead fan and seemed to like Panther in 'Civil War.'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is why Black Panther kinda scares me with certain fans downplaying T'challa so much

I got blade PTSD lol

I've heard that critique a few times, with folks saying the supporting cast felt more bada$$ then T'challa himself. The good side is at least
    the go to characters are still black (and often female), but the story itself was still primarily about Black Panther. Which sadly can't be said
    about the recent blade content.

I caught bits and piecew of a rerun of the Blade show years ago but I couldn't really get into, don't even remember Blade appearing in the episode.

I got blade PTSD lol
    Some "fans" are going to do that regardles I've seen it happen to John Stewart in the DCAU, I've seen certain segments of the fandom do it to Static and I'm really seeing people do it Miles post Into the Spiderverse. As long as the people who call the shots keep their heads straight there's nothing to worry about.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Extraordinary Member

The Brie Larson hate runs deep, lol. I've read a few comments of people wanting Rogue to show up, and knock Carol down a few pegs.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The Brie Larson hate runs deep, lol. I've read a few comments of people wanting Rogue to show up, and knock Carol down a few pegs.
    These people would as good as sign Rogue's death warrant if they were in charge. Nothing turns audiences off a character faster than seeing them kick the fandom's favorite puppy(just ask Iron Man fans). This another reason I don't want the Xmen in the main MCU.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-17-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It is worse than the heat Black Panther got to be honest. A different type of hate.

I don't know if it is because the BP movie was objectively so much better that it suffocated some of the hate or if the comic crowd hate is the same movie crowd hate in regard to Carol or if Brie just keeps pissing them off with comments or what.

It is rather entertaining to watch though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

It is worse than the heat Black Panther got to be honest. A different type of hate.

I don't know if it is because the BP movie was objectively so much better that it suffocated some of the hate or if the comic crowd hate is the same movie crowd hate in regard to Carol or if Brie just keeps pissing them off with comments or what.

It is rather entertaining to watch though.
    I think folks just don't like Brie. As I understood it, Carol's whole reinvention during the 1970's was to be no holds barred, and ruffle feathers. If anything, Brie is staying in character, lol.

I say keep the heat on her so team BP can quietly make an epic sequel.

It goes without saying, but the success of Aquaman & Captain Marvel shows that Black Panther was not a fluke.

People are simply ready for something different.