Page 612 of 827 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613614615616622662712 ... LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Wow that sucks hopefully they replaced it. Yeah BBTS is my no.1. I think megalopolis is the worst. They were good and then straight up just stopped fulfilling orders...smh..
    No, but they did refund me and were nice and apologetic about it. I later got her from BBTS (her and a few others randomly came in stock one day).

Never heard of Megalopolis, but the Google results aren't good. It looks like they decided to create a new brand (Premium Toys) and use the Megalopolis site as a sort of redirect, and when they went in this direction they suddenly stopped selling MOTU toys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...and he's already on eBay for $400?

*frustrated sigh*
    My condolences.

Scalpers ruin everything.

Can't even mess with mail order toys or games anymore because of them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    In a way it's good he sold out so quick. That type of demand leads to more figures. I think pighead is coming too. You can get some good motu stuff on bigbadtoystore too.
    Not really. Sold out in 4 minutes? I could understand 10-20 minutes but not 4.

They did NOT expect that to happen after they revealed Sun-Man was created by a black woman?

There are folks paying $700 for a PRE ORDER on Ebay.

How many were they expecting to ship 1000???

Did they NOT get the memo black toys get bought up????

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To me that's not much better.

Maybe they didn't make enough, but given what Toy collecting is like now, even if they had made 20000 pieces this would have happened.

It's gotten to the point where if you want anything the least bit rare ( and I remember seeing Sun Man merch back in the 90's) you have to repeatedly hit "buy" on your computer and hope you get your order in between all the rampant botting.

Watch them grab up all the versions designed for children too.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 09-13-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Deadline reports that Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society production company is working on an Amazon Studios series adaptation of io9 co-founder Charlie Jane Anders’ Victories Greater Then Death, the first installment in her Unstoppable trilogy. Like the novel, Amazon’s Victories Greater Than Death will tell the story of Tina Mains, a seemingly ordinary teenage girl who’s hiding a massive secret about who she is. Unbeknownst to her friends, Tina’s a clone of a hero from an alien world tasked with keeping a guarding a beacon hidden on Earth away from an evil threatening to destroy multiple worlds.

Though Tina always know that the time would come when she had to embrace her destiny to become a hero like her genetic template, actually following through on said destiny proves harder than she expected when the call comes. From a synopsis:

“High school can be rough. It’s hard to fit in, yet impossible to be invisible, and when everyone is desperately trying to figure out who they are and where they are going in life it doesn’t help Tina that she’s hiding a deep secret. She’s the keeper of an interplanetary beacon that will activate someday soon, calling her home as the clone of an alien charged with saving the galaxy.

But, for as much as she feels destined to fulfill her mission, she first has to grapple with the complications with the humans in her life. As Tina prepares to take on her journey with a group of teenage girls, they must grapple with learning to trust themselves and each other in this coming-of-age adventure.”
    https://gizmodo.com/michael-b-jordan...rie-1847668362

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

They did NOT expect that to happen after they revealed Sun-Man was created by a black woman?

There are folks paying $700 for a PRE ORDER on Ebay.

How many were they expecting to ship 1000???

Did they NOT get the memo black toys get bought up????
    I do think they underestimated the popularity. I did get on site on that 3rd min lol. Same thing happened with WWE Mr T tho awhile back. So they know but I guess it looks good when things sell out quick. Atleast we're getting a retail release tho, so it's not so bad. Those ppl paying that e-bay price are effin crazy tho!
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-14-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Mythological figures should be portrayed as diverse, because after all pantheons of gods are supposed to rule over the entire universe, their power isn't just restricted to the people who worship them. Norse gods are assumed to have Northern European features because naturally the people who were retelling those myths would represent them using what was familiar to them, but by the same token, we in the 21st century should be able to interpret these stories and characters in whatever manner is familiar to us. Not to mention all of the European mythologies that certain people get bent out of shape about if you change one minor detail from the "original" were all adaptations or outgrowths from a much older body of myths belonging to the Proto Indo-European culture which originated in the Central Asian steppe, so the original versions of Thor, Zeus, or whoever were almost certainly not white in any sense that we'd use the term.
    Yippie..... Tom Cruise and Megox Fox as Zulu gods.

Morgan Freeman as Odin

Anthony Hopkins as Krishna

Taraji Henson as Amaterasu

Progress!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

Morgan Freeman as Odin

Progress!!!
    Angrboða isn't a god, she's a jotun.

but keep up the fake outrage though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    My condolences.

Scalpers ruin everything.

Can't even mess with mail order toys or games anymore because of them.
    Trading cards too. Scalpers have been hoarding all the Pokémon cards they can find. I don't know if it was as bad as it was a few months ago, cause those things aren't cheap. A booster pack goes for about $4, a box $120, couldn't find them anywhere. I play the card game online, so the scalpers don't affect me as much. Still can't stand 'em though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

Morgan Freeman as Odin

Progress!!!
    Do you understand any of what you're saying right now? Your "both sides" false centrism does you no favors

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Angrboða isn't a god, she's a jotun.

but keep up the fake outrage though
    I don't know about fake outrage but...
    There is really not a clearly defined line between gods and jötnar. Odin is a descendant of the jötnar to complicate things. The goddesses Skaði and Gerðr, are also said to be jötnar, it is ambiguously defined. Angrboða (Harm-Bidder) may as will be considered in the god tier by some. Norse mythology was passed by word of mouth so there really isn't much to go on text wise anyway.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Do you understand any of what you're saying right now? Your "both sides" false centrism does you no favors
    Not to mention it's just a waste of time.

How many of us here actually care about "black washing" a minor character based on an already non-accurate alternate take on norse mythology.

It's manufactured outrage at best that's really not worth it at all.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-14-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

The California recall election has been very strange.

It looked like Newsom would have been recalled until folks saw who could replace him.

Larry Elder- a black man so off his rockers that he said he would have voted against the civil right bills and equated paying reparations to descendants of slaves to paying reparations to slave owners.......who were already paid reparations.

The guy started crying election fraud before the voting even started.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Trading cards too. Scalpers have been hoarding all the Pokémon cards they can find. I don't know if it was as bad as it was a few months ago, cause those things aren't cheap. A booster pack goes for about $4, a box $120, couldn't find them anywhere. I play the card game online, so the scalpers don't affect me as much. Still can't stand 'em though.
    I still can't find a PS5....anywhere as we speak due to scalpers.

Only places I can find them online are charging thousands for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I just got back into Baseball Cards. I have found some good deals on older cards but newer cards from the last couple years go for a couple hundred a box on some series. it is crazy.

I also just started collecting Pokemon Cards. I play the game online and have no one to play with in person but I want to complete a national Dex with one of each Pokemon. Some of the cards are crazy high. But since I dont care about stats or anything I just get a weaker version of a Pokemon card as long as it is a Mon I need. Also My mom and dad have helped. They pointed out that Wish sells them in Bulk and my dad got me a bundle. Not going to be rare cards but I dont care about that any way.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.