Page 385 of 827 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Because Roseanne had an actual job that she could literally be cancelled from. What's Michael done lately?
    Random interviews & the Big3

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah I don't play multiplayer, I only care about campaign stuff. That was my fear with it.
    My fear so far is that you can't replay the campaign. Can't personally confirm that but it was brought up over in the game's thread. Really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case but from everything I've read and seen they really want to push the multiplayer aspect of the game. To be honest I'm under the impression, based on nothing at all aside from speculation, that the Destiny like aspects of the game were conceived later in development once that game model proved lucrative. Of course I could be dead wrong and this was all planned from the start but I don't see anything with making a big action-adventure Marvel in the same vein as Spider-Man.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Because Roseanne had an actual job that she could literally be cancelled from. What's Michael done lately?
    Maybe he invested that Higher Learning money very very well?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Frankly, this comes across as putting too much focus on the company and ignoring that these fans are adults with their own minds.

Fans have been normalising toxic behavior for a long time. You think what happened with John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran was new for the STar Wars fandom? That behavior had been allowed to fester for decades and even then it wasn't until what happened to Tran (not the racist backlash Boyega received) that people really started taking toxic fandoms seriously.

If crazy fans get doxxed or physically assaulted, that's a problem that should be dealt with by legal authorities. Anyone who would do that to anyone else will not be swayed by what a company says or doesn't say.
    While I agree with the general idea, I also agree that these million and billion dollar+ corporations need to do their own part and show some social responsibility in maintaining the wellbeings of the living, breathing, feeling people who they are reaping a service from and making money off of.

In spite of the typical source of this toxicity, the effects and damages it causes lead this to be a multifaceted situation. A holistic stance needs to be taken, including from the corporations who are willing to callously stand aside, watch their people suffer, and still benefit from all the money and clout they make on behalf of those suffering.

Invincible Member

Most Black Panther comics (single issues) are free right now on comixology. This includes the recent Shuri series and Killmonger mini. Unfortunately it doesn't include the Jungle Action series, which is the one I'd be most interested in reading, since I never have (except an issue or two).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Most Black Panther comics (single issues) are free right now on comixology. This includes the recent Shuri series and Killmonger mini. Unfortunately it doesn't include the Jungle Action series, which is the one I'd be most interested in reading, since I never have (except an issue or two).
    I'm a big fan of the Jungle Action Panther, however...I realize it might be a struggle for more modern readers. Typical for the time the page count is only like 17 pages so the writing is exposition heavy. And Don McGregor's writing is really over the top. Also, this is 70's Panther so you aren't getting Prep Time Hi-tech Panther, you're getting Poet King Panther.

Having said that, Don left Marvel before he could finish his Panther vs the Klan story, but what he did do still holds up

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So when John Boyega did that article, Michael Rapaport tweeted he should be grateful. Boyega said did you read the artickle, Rapaport dug his heels in and pulled a "all lives matter" retort. Boyega ended with a smiley face and "no but thank you." Then the rest of twitter roasted Rapaport alive.

wtf with this dude? Come to find out Rapaport compared a black woman to a gorilla back in 2018 (Kenya Moore) on instagram. Why wasn't he "cancelled" like Roseanne was?
    Hard to cancel someone who has done a ton of guest spots on shows. Including black shows like Blackish.

He stars on Netflix's Atypical series. Now in season 3. Interesting that show was on the air when he made that comment.

In his mind what John dealt with was normal for most actors. Which is true BUT John never dealt with the mess John had to.

He didn't have the harassment to put up with nor the being an after thought in a movie that had sequels. As Michael has done NONE. The movies where he is a lead does not marginalize him.

I would say his wife could educate him but she has only done 3 roles none as a lead.

Didn’t know that about who’s your caddy anymore info on that.
    He was in the IMDB messageboard for that movie where like most black movies trolls were ROASTING it and he stated that.
    When the film came out pretty much everybody said the trailers did that movie wrong.

Race had NOTHING to do with the plot. Jeffery Jones's character was not upset the new owners were black. I want to say he was mad because he thought they would tear it down or sell it. Because his family had a long history at that country club.

He said most trailers are not done by the ones who make the movie. Which explains a lot as some trailers like the Faculty & Star Trek Nemesis have footage not in the movie.

A show I am watching on Netflix-Triad Princess from Asia that came out December 2019.

I noticed in some scenes folks had masks on. Like 1-2 folks. Even the main lead had on a mask in a scene where there were about 20 folks around him.

For the most part there are very few crowd shots. How soon did they take covid seriously over there?

Extraordinary Member

The smoking gun for me about Boyega getting shafted after TFA by TLJ was how in spite of all the stupid, vile **** he had to take leading up to TFA, he still proved himself worthy of the role and the moment, and was a major and clear factor behind that film surpassing all other Star Wars films except for the first; it wasn’t just the return of Star Wars making those box office numbers, it was fantastic legs caused by Boyega and others excelling and elevating an admittedly limited script to its maximum potential and making fantastic characters. And in hindsight, Boyega looks like the MVP of that movie, considering he carried it before Ridley and Ford really joined the main story, had the most dynamic character arc, and drove most of the plot.

...And yet, in spite of exceeding expectations and being maybe the best part of the film in spite of its problems and less savory decision for his character, he got demoted unceremoniously, and seems to have even been demoted before the film was released by Johnson’s earliest scripts, and even when Johnson’s as reportedly told to increase Finn’s role, he wound up with an abysmal waste of time.

There’s that phrase “work twice as hard for half the credit.” That’s what Boyega had to do when all was said and done, and he *still* had to put up with racist assholes, but now some of them feel vindicated and try to lord his demotion over him. Not all Reylos are racist, probably not even the majority, but holy ****, those assholes who attacked him after TROS suck.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Nickelodeon Pulls New Animated Series After Internet Calls Out Its Striking Similarities to Hair Love

Nickelodeon will be removing a new animated Nick Jr. show, Made By Maddie, from its schedule to look further into the “creative journey” of its development, after releasing a trailer for it this week that left Black Twitter clocking many similarities to Matthew A. Cherry’s Oscar-winning short Hair Love.

The new show was set to premiere on September 13 and featured an animated little Black girl with natural hair and a pink hair bow, a mom with a fro, as well as a dad with locs, and a grey cat—just like the central character in Hair Love.

Cherry himself appeared to acknowledge the many details that lined up with his own animated story, which he signed a deal with HBO Max to develop into a 12-episode series earlier this year.
    https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/nic...-ca-1844965402

Octavia Butler made the New York Times Bestseller list this week

https://theglowup.theroot.com/it-too...ler-1844956328

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    My fear so far is that you can't replay the campaign. Can't personally confirm that but it was brought up over in the game's thread. Really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case but from everything I've read and seen they really want to push the multiplayer aspect of the game. To be honest I'm under the impression, based on nothing at all aside from speculation, that the Destiny like aspects of the game were conceived later in development once that game model proved lucrative. Of course I could be dead wrong and this was all planned from the start but I don't see anything with making a big action-adventure Marvel in the same vein as Spider-Man.
    Yeah thats meh.

10 hours worth of campaign and apparently for 1/3 of it you have to use Kamala. Which Kamala is ok but... I wanna use Tchalla lol. I wanna use Thor. She's kinda way down my list of character I wanna smash goons with lol

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The smoking gun for me about Boyega getting shafted after TFA by TLJ was how in spite of all the stupid, vile **** he had to take leading up to TFA, he still proved himself worthy of the role and the moment, and was a major and clear factor behind that film surpassing all other Star Wars films except for the first; it wasn’t just the return of Star Wars making those box office numbers, it was fantastic legs caused by Boyega and others excelling and elevating an admittedly limited script to its maximum potential and making fantastic characters. And in hindsight, Boyega looks like the MVP of that movie, considering he carried it before Ridley and Ford really joined the main story, had the most dynamic character arc, and drove most of the plot.

...And yet, in spite of exceeding expectations and being maybe the best part of the film in spite of its problems and less savory decision for his character, he got demoted unceremoniously, and seems to have even been demoted before the film was released by Johnson’s earliest scripts, and even when Johnson’s as reportedly told to increase Finn’s role, he wound up with an abysmal waste of time.

There’s that phrase “work twice as hard for half the credit.” That’s what Boyega had to do when all was said and done, and he *still* had to put up with racist assholes, but now some of them feel vindicated and try to lord his demotion over him. Not all Reylos are racist, probably not even the majority, but holy ****, those assholes who attacked him after TROS suck.
    And he is (was?) a big star wars fan.

It seemed like the SW commitee missed some very basic things with the sequel trilogy.

1. plan. it. out. lol

2. Who is the audience? Are you targeting the old fans? tryign to bring in new fans? trying to bring in woman? minorities? What are you doing with this movies exactly? Who's money are you trying to take?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Hey, y'all! How yall doing? Been a min since I was last here. Been crazy busy on my end. Just wanted to stop by and let anyone who's interested know that the Kickstarter campaign for the next Is'nana the Were-Spider story is up and running! In Showtime, Is'nana finds himself squared up against his next challenge: breakdancing in the streets of New York City! Is'nana learns to have fun and be a kid, but also deal with the reality of race.

Hope you can check it out.

http://kck.st/31FHAM6

Written/Created by me, Greg Anderson Elysée
    Art by Miguel Blanco
    Colors by Angael Davis-Cooper
    Letters by Deron Bennett
    Cover by Khary Randolph

http://kck.st/31FHAM6
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Incredible Member

Just wanted to pop in and say I am loving Lovecraft Country. It's like a black Goonies/The Mummy/National Treasure all in one. I've waited so long for black people to get these type of adventure discover the unknown stories. Hopefully more stuff like this comes in the fututer, especially for other PoC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I've waited so long for black people to get these type of adventure discover the unknown stories. Hopefully more stuff like this comes in the fututer, especially for other PoC as well.
    I'm going to assume you mean on tv? Because these type of stories have existed in print for a long time.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store