Page 291 of 827 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 12391

HBO has ordered a limited series adaptation of Americanah, about a Nigerian immigrant who moves to the United States, starring Lupita Nyong'o, with Danai Gurira as showrunner and writer.

https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.c...nyongo-adapted

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I didn't realize until VERY recently that aside from Spider-Man and X-Men there was also a Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Avengers, and now apparently an Incredible Hulk cartoon in the 90s.

Like within the last 3 years or so recently.
    don't forget Iron Man
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lou Farigno voiced the hulk in that 90's cartoon too.

Jaime Reyes is finally returning as one of The Batman Who Laughs’ pawns. At this point I’ll take it. One of the only relatively well known hispanic superheroes around and this is the best DC can do. He can’t hold a solo title but not many of the DC mainstays can either. At least put the kid on a team book.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Jaime Reyes is finally returning as one of The Batman Who Laughs’ pawns. At this point I’ll take it. One of the only relatively well known hispanic superheroes around and this is the best DC can do. He can’t hold a solo title but not many of the DC mainstays can either. At least put the kid on a team book.
    Only if they leave his family alone. Some great characters there.

A 36 issue run from 2006 to 2009 shows he can hold a solo. DC just has to commit to marketing and developing him they didn't need to create Sideways. Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle is DC's spiderman(well actually Peter Parker with Venom).It is just a matter of building a compelling support casting and villains. He is case of great concept but not necessarily a great story concepts to backup the good character. But he is not only character like that on the Market I can name Miles, Ms Marvel, Ghost Spider, Gwenpool,etc Can you name who is their rogue gallery or what is a classic story for them. Nope because they have gotten them yet. Agree that they should at least have him on a team book but he is easily a better bet than Wonder Twins, Dial H for Hero or Sideways for solo success.

If they can keep relaunching Dr Strange, Punisher and Green Arrow. They can do the same with Blue Beetle and some other until they find the right tone for his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    A 36 issue run from 2006 to 2009 shows he can hold a solo. DC just has to commit to marketing and developing him they didn't need to create Sideways. Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle is DC's spiderman(well actually Peter Parker with Venom).It is just a matter of building a compelling support casting and villains. He is case of great concept but not necessarily a great story concepts to backup the good character. But he is not only character like that on the Market I can name Miles, Ms Marvel, Ghost Spider, Gwenpool,etc Can you name who is their rogue gallery or what is a classic story for them. Nope because they have gotten them yet. Agree that they should at least have him on a team book but he is easily a better bet than Wonder Twins, Dial H for Hero or Sideways for solo success.

If they can keep relaunching Dr Strange, Punisher and Green Arrow. They can do the same with Blue Beetle and some other until they find the right tone for his book.
    Miles has his Uncle and 616 Miles. Ms Marvel has The Inventor, Kaboom, Kamran. Ghost Spider has Her worlds Daredevil and Harry Osborn.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    HBO has ordered a limited series adaptation of Americanah, about a Nigerian immigrant who moves to the United States, starring Lupita Nyong'o, with Danai Gurira as showrunner and writer.

https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.c...nyongo-adapted
    But why Lupita?

Nigeria has a massive film industry with dozens (if not hundreds of actresses) available worldwide.

Being of Nigerian origin myself, it stuck out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But why Lupita?

Nigeria has a massive film industry with dozens (if not hundreds of actresses) available worldwide.

Most likely because she's a well known award winning actor, plus she and Gurira are friends and have worked together in the past (Black Panther movie of course, but also in one of Gurira's stage plays).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Jaime can hold a title. Jaime Reyes has 6 trades and over 50 solo issues. A LOT of folks who are being used can't boast that.

If they can keep relaunching Dr Strange, Punisher and Green Arrow.
    What gender and skin color are those guys? No one takes issue when they get shot after shot. Or spinoffs are tried.
    It will be justified to showcase their brands since they either had movies or tv shows.

Meanwhile their friends of color or sexuality who had the same get PUSHBACK when it's done with them.

DC's issue is LOOK at who they keep hiring to do books. It's the good old boy network. Is it not interesting POC have struggled at Dc as of late? That of the black characters-the only ones in decent shape are under the pens of black writers? With the exception of Naomi, Silencer and Lucious in Doom Patrol.

Only way Jaime gets anything is for BENDIS to do it. Since Bryan Hill will leave DC sooner or later and Priest is gone after Deathstroke 50.

But why Lupita?

And the last two peter parker's are British. It happens.

She's is very well known and is the "right color" which is about as close as you get with nationalities in movies.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

But why Lupita?

Lupita owns the rights as well as serving as serving as a producer. This would not have gotten made had she not been involved as the star and producer. She’s of notoriety compared to other actresses and has been in two successful films in the past two years, Us and Black Panther. So that means there’s a higher chance of the film being a success with her involved.

Ultimate Member

I hear you guys but i still fundamentally disagree. The whole idea that Africans are this nebulous mass of people that are indistinguishable rubs me the wrong way.

The movie is about a Nigerian in the US and her experiences. It's about her being a Nigerian in a foreign land based on a work written by a Nigerian author. The character should be played by a Nigerian actor. This is one of those cases where the character's nationality is important to the character.

Lupita can play a role in this production but does not have to star in it IMHO. If it was a movie about say a Ghanian immigrant in the US and is played by someone like John Boyega, I would say the same thing.

You know acting is pretend right ?

Like I put more stock in the script and the director then the actor whoms merely a vector for the prior two.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    You know acting is pretend right ?

Like I put more stock in the script and the director then the actor whoms merely a vector for the prior two.
    No need for the snark.