Page 616 of 616 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616
Results 9,226 to 9,230 of 9230

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Afrika Bambaataa has faced multiple allegations of child sexual abuse and people don't seem to talk about it very much.
    I mean the allegations were fairly recent and tbh, you gotta be at least 40 years old for that name to even have any cultural impact. But that's the first name I thought of too. KRS-One was even asked about that on Drink Champs and he made a point. When he was coming up back when parts of New York looked like War Zone, he was homeless. Scott La Rock was a social worker before they made a record. He said he was around shooters, cats with warrants running from the police, robbers, dealers, Hip-Hop and the street are intertwined on many levels. Not making any excuses and hopefully being an accessory to any of that is over the line but Minaj has always been such a blockhead, I remember when Budden her on the pod, she made him seem like the straight man in some fucked up cornball comedy. I'm not felony shaming but her situation is quite the unique set of circumstances. She just had new baby right? How the baby's father AND Uncle cant be around minors and have to report as serious sex offenders for the rest of their life.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Talk about your deep cuts.

Afrika Bambaataa has faced multiple allegations of child sexual abuse and people don't seem to talk about it very much.
    It was known back in the day, but it never hit the mass media then, due to people covering for him at the time.

And when the allegation did become public decades later (like 2016, thereabouts)...you would have to be a Hip Hop fan of 45+ years of age to know or care who Bambaataa was by then and he was never on the level of LL and them fame wise to begin with.

If it wasn't for his collab with James Brown, I probably wouldn't have known about him being in hip hop either.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; Today at 12:47 PM.

Talk about your deep cuts.

Because nobody cares abotu sexual abuse, especially with minors.

I mean shit... look what happened with olympic gymnist... whole damn system is corrupt and one guy got in trouble? give me a break

It is so deeply ingrained to protect the perpetrators (how many "funny uncles" were there no one cared about?) that you gotta burn the whole forrest down
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    hey, since you bring up here

Yikes Nicki is a pretty terrible human being and yikes, why is she around so many sex offenders
    Because the old school folks who would take issue with it-are no longer around or have been pushed away by enablers.

Folks want to be selective in who gets push back and who does not. Because they have agendas.
    See Jason Kidd. Yes we ALL know he popped his wife a few times. We heard about it and everyone dealt with it and moved on.

He was head coach at Brooklyn and the Bucks and Assistant on the Fakers-nobody bout up the domestic stuff. Yet because Becky Hamon was interviewing for head coaching jobs-guess what got bought back up?
    Meanwhile that echo chamber is NOT bringing up the messing with women that Derrick Rose got accused of and he is in the biggest media market there is.

Let not forget about a certain FORMER editor at DC. He last 20 years.

And Nicki is one of those who has been enabled. You can't say anything about her with her fans attacking you worst than Lil Nas X and Beyonce fans.

She KNEW what she was doing. She did NOT have to mention her cousin.

How hard is it to say "I am still researching the side effects of the vaccines because I'm planning to tour."

Now she has embarrassed HERSELF..... Fed ammo to the anti-vaxxers (who are getting our of control) and made her homeland look bad. They had to say that story never happened.

Because she wants attention.

Jason Kidd is such a trash human being, can't believe he got ANOTHER job. Just nuts.

Esp since the mavs had issues of their own with sexual harassment (I think it was that). Just baffling.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html