Page 153 of 827 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 12394

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I didn't know Lifetime was still a channel until this R Kelly doc thing.

If I was Lifetime... i'd keep going. Find a new celeb, make it a series. Keep the money rolling.

"Surviving [insert rapist]"
    "Surviving Bill Cosby" "Surviving Kevin Spacey" "Surviving Harvey Weinstein" Oh yeah. I could see at least a 13 episode series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I didn't know Lifetime was still a channel until this R Kelly doc thing.

If I was Lifetime... i'd keep going. Find a new celeb, make it a series. Keep the money rolling.

"Surviving [insert rapist]"
    Agreed its money. Black male sexual predators ( even just the idea of them) have always been used as a basis to generate money.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    That's kind of like saying all white people support Trump because many of them do.
    Not really. its like saying that the majority of Trump supporters are white because they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Not really. its like saying that the majority of Trump supporters are white because they are.
    The point being just because black women support R. Kelly doesn't mean black women weren't also calling out R. Kelly for years. That whole "not a monolith" thing.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The point being just because black women support R. Kelly doesn't mean black women weren't also calling out R. Kelly for years. That whole "not a monolith" thing.
    Ok the point there is that it wasn't as if Black women ALONE were calling him out and no-one was listening. I think people are confusing two realities. Having Black female victims indeed means that they would be low priority in society/media comparing to others victims. However, this doesn't mean that his victims were ignored or that other Black women took up the mantle for these victims and were ignored aswell. Again people knew about R. Kelly they just chose to overlook it. Parents of his victims chose to overlook it and give their kids tohim. Grown women chose to overlook it and become one of his "victims."

Aaron Macgruder and Dave Chappelle both had classic widely seen shows where they mocked his behavior and societies reaction to his behavior. And before anyone says comedic sketches mean nothing let's remember that Hannibal Buress' comedy stand-up about Cosby is credited with most recently putting Cosbys sex scandals into the mainstream media ultimately leading to actual trials and imprisonment.is

It just as seems as though we keep seeing the punishment and public lynching of Black sexual predators while others get off scot t free. I'm not saying ignore these Black predators,I'm saying let's stop letting others off the hook.

John Lassiter and Louis CK are already making comebacks while Ed Buck gets his Jeffrey Dahmer on in peace. Weinstein keeps having case after case drop.Then I see articles about getting Chris Brown and a new doc about Michael Jackson. But has talking about Elvis is out of the question cuz he's dead. So is Michael Jackson alive?

It just as seems as though we keep seeing the punishment and public lynching of Black sexual predators while others get off scot t free. I'm not saying ignore these Black predators,I'm saying let's stop letting others off the hook.

John Lassiter and Louis CK are already making comebacks while Ed Buck gets his Jeffrey Dahmer on in peace. Weinstein keeps having case after case drop.Then I see articles about getting Chris Brown and a new doc about Michael Jackson. But has talking about Elvis is out of the question cuz he's dead. So is Michael Jackson alive?
    On this we 100% agree.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They REALLY want to show off those regeneration powers. She is way tanker than Nightwing, Huntress and Lightning but she gets herself killed once every fight.

It makes it look like every villain has something against her.

Sure slap Nightwing away, but make sure to break her neck.
    Man, that fight was ROUGH. Lobo is one of those characters who on paper is a complete monster, but is usually portrayed as having a kind of wry charm, and being ultimately harmless to the good guys. Noooot this version. That harpoon scene was as shocking to me as seeing Logan slice up those carjackers in his last movie. It's great entertainment but it's a shame that kids can't watch it anymore. YJ used to be my ultimate example for entertainment that kids and adults could enjoy together, especially compared to the marvel Disney XD lineup. Not true anymore. Too violent.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

The way it’s going, “Halo dying” will soon become a meme from Young Justice.

That being said, I’m a little uncomfortable with the violence in the show. I was watching it with my little boy and he (and I) were a bit shocked at the violence.

Needless to say, he and I can’t watch it together again which is a little sad to me...but heck...I guess WB is going for young adults and teens this time.

Invincible Member

Ok the point there is that it wasn't as if Black women ALONE were calling him out and no-one was listening. I think people are confusing two realities. Having Black female victims indeed means that they would be low priority in society/media comparing to others victims. However, this doesn't mean that his victims were ignored or that other Black women took up the mantle for these victims and were ignored aswell. Again people knew about R. Kelly they just chose to overlook it. Parents of his victims chose to overlook it and give their kids tohim. Grown women chose to overlook it and become one of his "victims."

Aaron Macgruder and Dave Chappelle both had classic widely seen shows where they mocked his behavior and societies reaction to his behavior. And before anyone says comedic sketches mean nothing let's remember that Hannibal Buress' comedy stand-up about Cosby is credited with most recently putting Cosbys sex scandals into the mainstream media ultimately leading to actual trials and imprisonment.is

But isn't that what and why we're having these discussions? R Kelly did get off scott free...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But isn't that what and why we're having these discussions? R Kelly did get off scott free...
    I originally responded to the notion that we should skip over other predators like Elvis (cuz he's dead) while focusing solely on R. Kelly. Funny how that doesn't apply to Michael Jackson.

Extraordinary Member

I originally responded to the notion that we should skip over other predators like Elvis (cuz he's dead) while focusing solely on R. Kelly. Funny how that doesn't apply to Michael Jackson.
    Yup have that same energy. But they won't all they need is rumors and accusations to crucify blackmen a white guy who's actually proven guilty of something gets a pass from the same ppl.

The narrative that black women have been trying to call out R. Kelly for years is fiction. R. Kelly is trash and should have been in jail. He is not in jail for a lot of reasons and one of them is due to his fans WHICH CONSIST OF MOSTLY WOMEN. Black women especially have been some of his biggest supporters. We've known R. Kelly is a pedo since the90s. That insight was renewed in the early 2000s because of the sextape. yet still the industry and his fans supported him. The industry is amoral all it cares about is money. The blame goes to fans (all of them not race or gender specific) who support him or artists that work with him as long as he keeps putting out records that they can spin for the wedding dance.

All I'm saying is let's keep the same energy for all of these white pedos and sexual predators who mysteriously are rarely in the limelight or are severely punished for their crimes. The R. Kelly doc could have been made ten+ years ago. It only got made now because of the white folks who decided to fund it now. Why now? Why not years ag o?

Look it's good that finally there is a sea change concerning R. Ke ply ( y'all late as ****), I just want to see folks not continuing this country s racist history projecting ALL BLACK MEN as sexual predators or contributors to the culture (which is happening with the Black women were not listened to about R. Kelly narrative). So can we walk and chew gum?

Ed Buck is out here preying on young gay Black men and getting little press and 0 punishment. 2 Black men found dead in his apartment. No let's go focus on Chris Brown's as s next. He hit Rihanna and has illegal pets!

Real as it gets..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 01-19-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Invincible Member

But Michael beat the case. And literally right now Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein are facing criminal charges. The woman who was Chloe on "Smallville" was arrested for being part of a mind control sex cult recently.
    Last edited by ed2962; 01-19-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Man, that fight was ROUGH. Lobo is one of those characters who on paper is a complete monster, but is usually portrayed as having a kind of wry charm, and being ultimately harmless to the good guys. Noooot this version. That harpoon scene was as shocking to me as seeing Logan slice up those carjackers in his last movie. It's great entertainment but it's a shame that kids can't watch it anymore. YJ used to be my ultimate example for entertainment that kids and adults could enjoy together, especially compared to the marvel Disney XD lineup. Not true anymore. Too violent.
    Some restraint would have served them well. I think.

Kids don't read comics. This SHOULD be the 8-10 crowds gateway into the DCU.

They already had the 18 and up crowd. This is pandering.

It's over and done, but still irritated by Cyborg being erased from the Titans' continuity, mostly because he still doesn't have that strong a presence (as far as personal connections) with the JLA, so a character with a long history has most of it erased. The JLA Cyborg really might as well have been a new character.

Donna, Garth, and Raven are part of a current Titans lineup, while Connor, Bart, Cassie and Tim are reunited in a new Young Justice book ... and I think Damien still has a lineup of all new characters in another Titans book? Anyway, Cyborg could have been in Steel's place in Donna's team, and would have been better in the role ... and maybe have Natasha Irons in the place of foil for Damien's schemes in his book, because he could really use some help in generating interest for a roster full of unknowns.

But, nah. Just stick to your guns of Cyborg-as-Justice-League, because reasons, I guess.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine