Page 729 of 827 FirstFirst ... 229629679719725726727728729730731732733739779 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 12395
    Ultimate Member

Some very harsh truths from Jane Elliot here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I hear that. Wanda+vision and the Falcon and the Winter soldier felt pretty special. I also liked Loki. She-hulk is also a delight. But my favorite format for marvel television was back when Netflix had their little corner of the universe going on. Don't get me wrong, iron fist was, is, and always will be a tragedy, but the other three were pretty good. You knew it would always have content coming but you could decompress between seasons and you weren't stalked by this persistent feeling of FOMO.

Disney just needs to relax and slow down. The way they're pushing Pixar, marvel and star wars for CONSTANT CONTENT is oversaturating their own market. Surely they can see that the EA route serves no one.
    Exactly.

Ms. Marvel was released right next to Obi-Wan and I simply devoted my "Disney+ time" to Obi-Wan and didn't watch Ms. Marvel.

Heck, I've still not watched Ms.Marvel and probably never will. Besides the timing, the fact the character in the TV series' powers is almost completely different from the comics was a complete turnoff.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And why did he want to kill Luke Cage? And ruin an emotional moment?
    Because Cottonmouth is a snob who prefers Thai infusion to classic Cantonese! And I don't blame him because Thai food is amazing. One serving after a lifetime of shrimp fried rice and egg rolls will change your life.

I always thought Chinese food tried too hard, anyway. American chicken has a colonel so theirs has to have a General? I see what they're doing.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Because Cottonmouth is a snob who prefers Thai infusion to classic Cantonese! And I don't blame him because Thai food is amazing. One serving after a lifetime of shrimp fried rice and egg rolls will change your life.

I always thought Chinese food tried too hard, anyway. American chicken has a colonel so theirs has to have a General? I see what they're doing.
    There's a Thai Place I get this shrimp wanton soup from whenever I'm sick. I can pretty much make my own chinese food at home.

Ultimate Member

I'm trying to understand this Ime Udoka suspension thing.

A consensual affair with another woman shouldn't lead to a season-long suspension. Was there harassment involved?

I'm also curious why the whole thing is so public, it's very strange and humiliating to Nia Long and the other women that have had their pics put on social media.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-26-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

A consensual affair with another woman should lead to a season-long suspension. Was there harassment involved?

I'm also curious why the whole thing is so public, it's very strange and humiliating to Nia Long and the other women that have had their pics put on social media.
    There's one story saying that the woman he had the affair with is the wife of a Celtics Vice President. That may have something to do with the year long suspension.
    Watching television is not an activity.

A consensual affair with another woman should lead to a season-long suspension. Was there harassment involved?

I'm hearing the relationship was at first consensual, then not and the advancements weren't appreciated anymore. Hence a rule like that i. the First place. Celtics FO definitely fumbled it caused the one staffer to be incorrectly implimented by way of the grapevine. Apparently the female in question actual made travel plans for Long... they share a son. I do know, once Matt Barnes get involved, things get worse.

He talkin here like shits wild extra than it'sgotten out s'far.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

A consensual affair with another woman shouldn't lead to a season-long suspension. Was there harassment involved?

It's not public is the problem. It's half public and social media started their witch hunt.

Dude obviously really really really really really really F'd up to get a year long suspension (he'll end up resigning or fired, the suspension is just tiime for them to figure out contract stuff) after going to the finals.

This is not a simple "he had an affair" thing.

And yes, i guess there was harassment of some sort involved after the Celtics first told him to stop.

The celtics should come out, layed it all out there, and then let the media have their week long thing ad thent hey get bored. the fact they didn't choose that route means this thing is... off somewhere. And they hired an independent group to do the investigation.

Ime f'd up HARD somewhere.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well, ****. I guess I'm a Ryu main now, since SF6 won't have dictator or boxer, and I refuse to touch Ed. I can't do it, I just can't do it. His hair annoys me that much. Finally getting enough free time to jump back into the fgc, only to learn that the game you want to play has a few short months of life left in it, totally sucks.

So, what books are you guys reading these days?

I'm dealing with some family stuff, and I need to take my mind off of it. I've been going through a rut, I can't tell if these new books are genuinely bad or if I'm just getting old. I want to get excited about reading comics again.

I liked Static, Sonic the hedgehog, and I love space books, I'm going to try Mark Evanier's New Gods. I also weirdly like Jurassic League. I like The Legion of Superheroes, I just wish Bendis wasn't writing them.

Ultimate Member

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/a...ry?id=90601065

“Stranger Things” star Caleb McLaughlin is opening up about racism he said he experienced from some of the show’s fans.

“At my first Comic Con, some people didn’t stand in my line because I was Black,” McLaughlin said in a video filmed by an audience member. “Some people told me, like, ‘Oh, I didn’t want to be in your line because you were mean to Eleven. Even now, some people don’t support me because I’m Black, you know?”

When he would question why fans saw him as the least favorite character on the show, his parents pointed out the “sad reality” of the situation and said it was because he was the “Black child on the show.”
    Well this explains why he was FINALLY given a solo book this summer to ZERO promotion (I found out by accident while looking for another book).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    So, what books are you guys reading these days?

I'm dealing with some family stuff, and I need to take my mind off of it. I've been going through a rut, I can't tell if these new books are genuinely bad or if I'm just getting old. I want to get excited about reading comics again.

I liked Static, Sonic the hedgehog, and I love space books, I'm going to try Mark Evanier's New Gods. I also weirdly like Jurassic League. I like The Legion of Superheroes, I just wish Bendis wasn't writing them.
    1. Something is killing the children. IMO, this is the best book on the stands today but it's horror and if you don't like horror you won't like it.
    2. House of Slaughter (a spin-off of Something is killing the children).

From Marvel, I am reading Moon Knight, Daredevil, Thor, and Hulk (but Thor and Hulk are experiencing significant delays because Cates seems to be having personal issues). I only collect DC stuff in trades and it's just primarily Batman stuff. Bendis DC stuff has been "ok". His Superman was ok but his Legion of Superheroes and JL didn't work for me at all.

I'm starting to get burnt off Marvel and DC stuff. It could be my age, but it seems the "energy" that superhero comics once had is gone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/a...ry?id=90601065

Well this explains why he was FINALLY given a solo book this summer to ZERO promotion (I found out by accident while looking for another book).
    Wait..he has a book????

Ultimate Member

Wait..he has a book????
    https://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Thin...ps%2C82&sr=8-1

I had a birthday discount and another discount and 20% off books on the Target app and that is how I found out about it. It came up as one of the choices to order.

Stranger Things: Lucas on the Line Hardcover – July 26, 2022

Dive into this revealing portrait of Stranger Things fan favorite Lucas Sinclair and get to know Lucas like never before.

The thrilling adventure of Stranger Things continues where season three left off, with fan favorite Lucas Sinclair finally telling his own story in his own words.

Lucas has been in the fight against the evil forces in his town since the beginning, but he is tired of feeling like an outsider. When the start of high school presents Lucas with options beyond D&D and being bullied, he wonders if he can be more than invisible. After connecting with one of the few other Black students at school, Lucas starts to learn more about himself apart from his friend group. And he begins to understand himself as a Black teen in Hawkins, which feels unlike anything—in this world or any other—he’s ever experienced.

From Suyi Davies, contributor to the New York Times bestselling Black Boy Joy, comes an exploration of love and identity within the beloved Stranger Things universe, through the eyes of Lucas Sinclair.

ONE website mentioned this book back in February.

Everyone else including his sister got their mentioned and promoted.

Dear Viola Davis...

You are amazing. You're an inspiration to millions, and a perfect example of what can happen when talent itself is allowed to shine unencumbered by unfair policies that hold back women of color and punish them for being outspoken and brilliant. May your light continue to shine for decades to come. Your place in history is guaranteed to be bright and glorious.

But, speaking of History... Big yikes on that woman King thing going around on Twitter! I know you meant well when you said this is our story, but ma'am, that ain't my story! No thanks! I'm good! I'm with the Rebellion, not the Empire.

Seriously, though, I'll probably watch that movie when it comes up on HBO, but good goodness, give that agent of yours a slap upside the head, because this feels like a setup. Next time you hear about other famous black actresses giving a hard NOPE on a role, ask them why before you commit!

Seriously, I love you, I blame them not you.

Yours,
    A random fan.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 09-27-2022 at 09:14 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."