Page 573 of 828 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623673 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 12406

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Honestly, I'd be fine if they just gave up on trying to make an FF movie. I do like the characters well enough, I do not consider them boring or their dynamics inherently problematic, but I would also be completely fine with another movie attempt never being made. Not every comics character necessarily needs to be translated to movies, no matter how popular they are or how long they've been around. Just my opinion though, and I suppose the dreams of raking in those Avengers-level amounts of box office cash is why they'll keep trying.
    I feel the same way actually. Though I wouldn't mind making Doom an Avengers-level villain. Doom without Reed would mean someone else would have to be the de facto Reed, though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I feel the same way actually. Though I wouldn't mind making Doom an Avengers-level villain. Doom without Reed would mean someone else would have to be the de facto Reed, though.
    Maybe Doom finally defeated Reed in the past in this continuity, and now has no exact rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Though I wouldn't mind making Doom an Avengers-level villain.
    Isn't he that already? Dude has fought pretty much everyone in the comics at some point lol. It was always my assumption he'd be more than just an FF bad guy in the mcu.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Isn't he that already? Dude has fought pretty much everyone in the comics at some point lol. It was always my assumption he'd be more than just an FF bad guy in the mcu.
    That was mine, too, but assuming what the MCU will do has been a tricky game. It makes the most sense though IMO.

We should note though, when we're saying that Doom is bigger than the FF -- while it is true, he has fought pretty much everybody, and none of us would call bs if it takes a whole team of Avengers or X-Men to fight him -- when he was at his most powerful as God Emperor Doom, not even super long ago, it still was the FF who were the key to defeating him. I mean, like it or not, just like Superman is always Luthor's nemesis, no matter how many other heroes he fights, at the end of the day, Reed being his nemesis is baked in to Doom's character. Kind of like Xavier and Magneto, the two are supposed to be some kind of mirror to each other -- alike in important ways, but different in important ways, too. I don't know, I think Doom is kind of hard to paint a full picture of, if you leave the FF out.

Another route I might go, if they were asking me, might be to introduce a soft-reboot for the FF by having some interdimensional/timeline-hopping villain be the main bad guy in an upcoming movie, then have a dimension-hopping version of the FF pop in to back up that main hero. The FF have always been pretty Avengers-adjacent anyway, and this would lay the groundwork for having any of the characters appearing in whatever movie, like how they just dropped making Hulk movies but still have him appearing, or how the GotG were part of Infinity War and Endgame, and Thor is with them now ... or how Civil War might have been called a Cap movie, but clearly had a lot more going on, than that.

This is assuming the MCU even has access to these same characters? I honestly have no idea; can't keep track of all the studio shenanigans.

Edit: Oh, if I wasn't clear, part of the point of introducing the FF this way would be that what you're leading up to is a mega-confrontation with Doom, the way the conflict with Thanos was teased over X number of movies. Not that they necessarily should plan on another major villain that way, but if they're going to, it's ... what, Doom or Mephisto? I know there's other major villains out there, but I'd say one of those two, with Thanos already down.
    Last edited by Adam Allen; 07-11-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

I'd rather there not be one big bad anymore. And I'd prefer it not be Doom

My heart goes out to all the people in Hatti after the assassination of their President, not even the first attempt on his life btw and this was during a period of severe unrest over the belief he was holding onto power. For sure the perpetrators the government have arrested couldn't be the whole story. Hours long gun battle but no bodies pulled out, perps didn't even get out of the country quickly but the PM got out though. So messy and it just cripples the already beaten down citizens that much more. I feel they are only a blip on the news cycle right now because of the drama of siege. Fkn crazy man.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

There might not be many soccer lovers here but the racial abuse the black English soccer players are getting right now is unbelievable.

The Black players unfortunately missed the decisive penalties during the shoot-out (that’s what happens at tournaments when the teams play a full 120 minutes with no winner) loss against Italy last night.

It’s funny because some of these guys were their best players going into the European Cup final…but now that they lose they turn on them. As much as the social media companies have been complicit in allowing some nasty elements to reorganize and establish racist recruitment platforms, this just shows the reality of what black people are facing in the UK. Racism is alive and well in those places. Seriously, Marcus Rashford has done so much for children’s charity (not just black children but all children) in the UK that he got laws changed…his reward for this amongst some quarters was racial abuse. And that was before the Euro Cup.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    My heart goes out to all the people in Hatti after the assassination of their President, not even the first attempt on his life btw and this was during a period of severe unrest over the belief he was holding onto power. For sure the perpetrators the government have arrested couldn't be the whole story. Hours long gun battle but no bodies pulled out, perps didn't even get out of the country quickly but the PM got out though. So messy and it just cripples the already beaten down citizens that much more. I feel they are only a blip on the news cycle right now because of the drama of siege. Fkn crazy man.
    It’s crazy.

I don’t know the full story but why were they so bent on killing their President?

Ultimate Member

So why did they kill him now? Is there some kind of political turmoil?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There might not be many soccer lovers here but the racial abuse the black English soccer players are getting right now is unbelievable.

The Black players unfortunately missed the decisive penalties during the shoot-out (that’s what happens at tournaments when the teams play a full 120 minutes with no winner) loss against Italy last night.

It’s funny because some of these guys were their best players going into the European Cup final…but now that they lose they turn on them. As much as the social media companies have been complicit in allowing some nasty elements to reorganize and establish racist recruitment platforms, this just shows the reality of what black people are facing in the UK. Racism is alive and well in those places. Seriously, Marcus Rashford has done so much for children’s charity (not just black children but all children) in the UK that he got laws changed…his reward for this amongst some quarters was racial abuse. And that was before the Euro Cup.
    Is this a common thing in a lot of countries? I've heard how Black soccer players receive racial abuse from fans but I don't know how much it is

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is this a common thing in a lot of countries? I've heard how Black soccer players receive racial abuse from fans but I don't know how much it is
    Futbol fans are incredibly racists in europe.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ive read a group claimed responsibility and claimed to be tied to Americans but its believed they are just trying to stoke tensions

Ultimate Member

Its very severe and has increased significantly in the last few years.

Its so bad that several top football clubs complained to the social media companies.

Ultimate Member

YESSSSS

I will put it to you like this-some of those folks take those sports way too serious and that is not even getting into racial issues.