Page 39 of 828 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Enjoying what I've seen of The Dragon Prince so far -- aims for the "Airbender" audience and hits it's mark.

I've been watching it with my daughter. So far it's been pretty good.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It isn't too much to ask that she doesn't look like a hollywood street prostitute. It really isnt.

Damn. Katt Williams got smoke for some of his peers. You might feel he got a lot of nerve but I don't think he's totally wrong about Tiffany Haddish.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The robin costume other than being too dark (which fits this universe anyway), looks great.

Comments like this just leads to off topic dumb discussion that get no where.

It isn't too much to ask that she doesn't look like a hollywood street prostitute. It really isnt.
    That says more about how Hollywood depicts prostitutes than anything about the costume itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I guess the role of the refugee with golden skin and big, curly hair who gets a career in modeling because of her exotic looks should have been offered to Scarlett Johansson.
    No one would be calling Johansson a prostitute if she dressed like this.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-17-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think they would. The Fashion Police show used to have a game called Starlet or Streetwalker, where they would show a photo of a women in 'hooker' clothes, with her face not shown, and the host would have to guess if it was a Hollywood celebrity or an actually hooker. If it was an actress, they'd show her face and then say what was she thinking with that outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That says more about how Hollywood depicts prostitutes than anything about the costume itself.

That costume is garbage. Even if you go with the, "it doesn't look like a street hoe and its just dumb hollywood!" defense... the outfit is still straight garbage. Fur coat, stupid boots, and the dress looks like it came off the rack of Goodwill.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Any Devil May Cry fans here?
    New game looks really good.

Want to see more footage of Dante in action, tho.

Only one way to know.

Scarlett, please?

Can you don the rags? In the name of science.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    New game looks really good.

Want to see more footage of Dante in action, tho.
    They've said this may be his final game. Thoughts?

That costume is garbage. Even if you go with the, "it doesn't look like a street hoe and its just dumb hollywood!" defense... the outfit is still straight garbage. Fur coat, stupid boots, and the dress looks like it came off the rack of Goodwill.
    Okay, let's go with the idea that the outfit is not the best. I mean, it's not my favorite piece of clothing I've seen in a superhero adaptation but whatever.

1) it's been stated this is a temporary outfit.

2) remember the character that is the subject of this is an alien from outer space who is very unfamiliar with earth customs. She's got more reason to be in a bad looking costume than most characters who've worn a terrible costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn. Katt Williams got smoke for some of his peers. You might feel he got a lot of nerve but I don't think he's totally wrong about Tiffany Haddish.
    Maybe. But it's a load of sour grapes coming from a serial **** up.

You want to be mad that Kevin Hart is getting more gigs than you? Bad enough that its 2018 and you are still doing a pimp act, there's the matter of all the other stuff you indulge in regularly off camera.

This is a man who saw Ice Cube transform his public persona from "angriest brother alive" to "put upon dad" and learned not a single thing.

The source must be considered is my point.

Hey, guys. What's going on?

Just wanted to let y'all know the digital version of my book Is'nana The Were-Spider Vol 2 is now available. Be sure to get your copy today! Or let me know if you'd like to preorder a physical copy which will be out next month!

http://peepgamecomix.com/product/isn...e-hornets-web/
    Last edited by Greg; 09-17-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

2) remember the character that is the subject of this is an alien from outer space who is very unfamiliar with earth customs. She's got more reason to be in a bad looking costume than most characters who've worn a terrible costume.
    That's true, but then why is she in what has been described as a Hollywood hooker outfit?

They could have put her in absolutely anything that looked out there or looked terrible. So why those clothes, with that pose? And this is one of the promotion images for the show—these clothes are supposed to matter and say something about the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's true, but then why is she in what has been described as a Hollywood hooker outfit?

They could have put her in absolutely anything that looked out there or looked terrible. So why those clothes, with that pose? And this is one of the promotion images for the show—these clothes are supposed to matter and say something about the characters.
    They put her in a costume that if it were worn by a white actress no one would be calling it a hooker outfit (seriously no one was saying this about Glenn Close when she was playing Cruella DeVille). It's been stated to be a costume she wears to a 70s party.

They put her in a costume that if it were worn by a white actress no one would be calling it a hooker outfit (seriously no one was saying this about Glenn Close when she was playing Cruella DeVille). It's been stated to be a costume she wears to a 70s party.
    "Apple"/"Orange"...

Find me any image of Close playing Cruella where the dresses are even showing some knee.

If you put the young woman who is playing Supergirl in that outfit, the same exact things would wind up being said.

Edit: And that's "If" the wig didn't come with the costume.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-17-2018 at 03:40 PM.