Page 223 of 827 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 12396
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ok so both BF games outsold every SW game before them lol. How exactly does that count as alienating fans? When more fans bought those games? Both games still active with 2 still getting more content. It's laughable to hear ppl say BF2 is bad. When RDR2 and Division 2 mp were both DOA. If you think BF2 is a bad game then you just don't know good games. And EA doesn't have to beg for ppl to buy the new game sure it'll sell well just like everything else. I won't be buying it though cause I'm not really into single player. Like seriously anybody still talking about microtransactions that never happened can't even be taken seriously.

Meanwhile BO4 is selling a melee hammer for 30 rl dollars,rockstar selling digital horses for 40rl dollars but no outrage cuz "Oh it's not EA." It's straight up bullshit man.
    Since the post below countered your sales discussuon...EA has been hitting twitter proclaiming ... SINGLE PLAYER STORY ...NO LOOT BOXES OR MICROTRANSACTIONS ! They have been tweeting this to beg people to at least try this game to showcase that they mean well. Unlike the last 2 stinkers of games. Here is the metacritic rating on both EA Star Wars releases by fans.

Battlefront

PS4
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...rs-battlefront

X-Box One
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox...battlefront-ii

PC
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/s...battlefront-ii

PS4 users at least think the game is average. Meanwhile its pretty much **** on X-Box and PC it seems.

Battlefront II

PS4
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...battlefront-ii

X-Box One
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox...i/user-reviews

The sequel actually fared worse according to the users here. Releasing more content to it , well nice for EA to try and milk some sweet DLC for those still there. But the sequel isn't a success at all given how bad sales according to them didn't hit that number.

PC
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/s...battlefront-ii

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Actually the best selling Star Wars game of all time is Lego Star Wars: the complete saga with 18 mil in sells ,5.6 mil more than the 2nd Battlefront, though it did have an advantage as it was released on about every platform available. That was followed by the 2nd SW Battlefront, then the 1st Battlefront, and the 2nd Battlefront II that sold about 10,000 more copies than the 1st Battlefront 2 (oddly enough because of high PS4 sales in Europe it did not sell well in the US as its not in the top 5 in SW games sold on X-Box platforms). Sales dropped to more than half from the 2nd Battlefront (12.4 ml) to the 2nd Battlefront 2 (5.3 ml). With such a drop (57.3 %) I think it would be safe to assume that fans were unhappy with EA's handling of the Battlefront games.

It really wasn't the microtransactions (that are becoming less and less "micro") but the "loot box" approach where you could not directly buy what you wanted you bought a box and hoped that you got Vader in it. Yes Dice and EA changed course after the uproar but by that time the damage is done and interest in SW games from EA has dropped a significant amount.
    EA is a **** company honestly. I have no clue why people would defend that. They have ruined studios , cancelled solid games and did the whole microtransaction fiasco. EA now has Bioware so fucked that they are reportedly gonna ruin the next game they plan (Dragon Age) by implementing stupid live services models that are failing in Anthem right now. (Given that EA just laid off a couple hundred folks comically)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Actually the best selling Star Wars game of all time is Lego Star Wars: the complete saga with 18 mil in sells ,5.6 mil more than the 2nd Battlefront, though it did have an advantage as it was released on about every platform available. That was followed by the 2nd SW Battlefront, then the 1st Battlefront, and the 2nd Battlefront II that sold about 10,000 more copies than the 1st Battlefront 2 (oddly enough because of high PS4 sales in Europe it did not sell well in the US as its not in the top 5 in SW games sold on X-Box platforms). Sales dropped to more than half from the 2nd Battlefront (12.4 ml) to the 2nd Battlefront 2 (5.3 ml). With such a drop (57.3 %) I think it would be safe to assume that fans were unhappy with EA's handling of the Battlefront games.

It really wasn't the microtransactions (that are becoming less and less "micro") but the "loot box" approach where you could not directly buy what you wanted you bought a box and hoped that you got Vader in it. Yes Dice and EA changed course after the uproar but by that time the damage is done and interest in SW games from EA has dropped a significant amount.
    Can you source your figures? Cuz where I'm looking the complete saga video game didn't sell anywhere near that more like 3 million lol.. Also BF2 sold about 9 mil so it wasn't a 57% drop you're talking about again check your figures. They're wrong. Also ppl are still playing those games which is why EA is realising a new one. Because the best way to judge interest in new game is to look how well the games before it are doing. If there was little interest they wouldn't be taking a chance in making a new one.

Extraordinary Member

Thing is EA doesn't need to release another SW game. And I'll take these critic rankngs over bullshit metacrtic any day.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6451260/

Also 84% of google users liked the game which is more likely representative of ppl who actually played the game not a bunch of review bomb trolls a la CM rt user ratings.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-16-2019 at 12:06 PM.

I like Battlefront 2 and I'm looking forward to Fallen Order.

My biggest thing is that I just don't preorder anymore. I think that last time I've really felt burned on a game was that PoS, Evolve.

I traded that game back within 12 hours of buying it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Me, too.
    Me three. Its the best look IMO.

I like the way Scott Eaton portrayed Blade when he teamed up with Black Panther, Luke Cage, and Brother Voodoo:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Can you source your figures? Cuz where I'm looking the complete saga video game didn't sell anywhere near that more like 3 million lol.. Also BF2 sold about 9 mil so it wasn't a 57% drop you're talking about again check your figures. They're wrong. Also ppl are still playing those games which is why EA is realising a new one. Because the best way to judge interest in new game is to look how well the games before it are doing. If there was little interest they wouldn't be taking a chance in making a new one.
    The figures (#50) are of physical copies but digital sales were also lower too, EA is below the industry average by a few%. The Lego SW games have sold over 30 million units. The Complete Saga sold over 3 million on the Wii alone in the US (#21) and 5.66 million global, and it was also on PS3, Xbox 360, DS, PSP, and PC. I think I could keep throwing numbers up there but think I have a point. People were still playing the first Division game even though it was deem lack luster by many and a second one was made. Also and R6 Siege had a terrible launch but it was picked up a little after and Ubisoft still supports it, doesn't mean its the best R6 game ever.

It is not another Battlefront game, as EA didn't do to well after the last one was put out to the sum of $3 billion they have got it back but it may have been a wake up call as they are using "No microtransactions, no loot boxes" as a selling point for Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. Even EA admits that it messed up and is going to look at things differently going forward. Also didn't say there was no interest just that has dropped.

Thing is EA doesn't need to release another SW game. And I'll take these critic rankngs over bullshit metacrtic any day.

Also 84% of google users liked the game which is more likely representative of ppl who actually played the game not a bunch of review bomb trolls a la CM rt user ratings.
    The game is pretty and game play is good, it was the unequal reward system and loot box to unlock desired content (there was even talk of legislation in the EU and other parts of the world to limit game companies from do such) that made the game fail in the beginning.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 04-16-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

The figures (#50) are of physical copies but digital sales were also lower too, EA is below the industry average by a few%. The Lego SW games have sold over 30 million units. The Complete Saga sold over 3 million on the Wii alone in the US (#21) and 5.66 million global, and it was also on PS3, Xbox 360, DS, PSP, and PC. I think I could keep throwing numbers up there but think I have a point. People were still playing the first Division game even though it was deem lack luster by many and a second one was made. Also and R6 Siege had a terrible launch but it was picked up a little after and Ubisoft still supports it, doesn't mean its the best R6 game ever.

It is not another Battlefront game, as EA didn't do to well after the last one was put out to the sum of $3 billion they have got it back but it may have been a wake up call as they are using "No microtransactions, no loot boxes" as a selling point for Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. Even EA admits that it messed up and is going to look at things differently going forward. Also didn't say there was no interest just that has dropped.

The game is pretty and game play is good, it was the unequal reward system and loot box to unlock desired content (there was even talk of legislation in the EU and other parts of the world to limit game companies from do such) that made the game fail in the beginning.
    These figures are a bit skewed and kinda dated. Judging sales by the box model is pretty much outdated. The Wall Street journal puts Battlefront 2015 at an estimated 14 mil and BF at 9 mil respectively. And I'd say that publication is a lot more respectable than any gaming site. And at 14 mil that still bigger sales than complete saga . Still yet in just 4 years BF franchise has over half the sales Lego has achieved in what 14 years. I'd say that's pretty good in terms of SW franchise games. EA's disappointment is any companies dream of success. Also stocks were down in that period for all gaming companies not just EA more of a trend than anything specifically EA.

The progression was messed up in the beginning but it was fixed early on. But like you said it's pretty and the gameplay is good.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-16-2019 at 01:44 PM.

I'd take metacritic which is a judge of users and critics over Google reviews since the industry as a whole uses that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Formerly Ballard Blues RoxanneBluePots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Disney has tried, numerous times, to make their own video games and with the notable and confusing as all hell exception of kingdom hearts, and the less confusing Ducktales it doesn't really work. Tron games, nope, Disney infinity, people quit wanting to buy all those toys, Spectrobes, nope, they thought they could compete with pokemon. So they just shrugged their shoulders and gave up.

Oh yeah, and Epic Mickey, I still can't believe they went with that name, I thought it was a joke title at first, but they just went with it.
    I don't think Disney ever really put their best foot forward with games development. I remember TRON 2.0's biggest problem was the utter apathy they showed toward advertising it (they really did not try). They never made an effort to find its audience, and that's pretty much how they were across the board with other attempts. Kingdom Hearts is definitely the outlier in that situation because Square Enix was doing the bulk of the promotion and development. Their online adventure games sites, particularly the Neo Pets type websites (Club Penguin) they bought out, faded out because they didn't have anyone with any experience working to keep it alive. They made a bunch of merchandise and cartoons that ultimately splintered and diluted their new brand, whose audience was primarily teenagers focused on socializing and playing around online.

Extraordinary Member

Bart Sears did a cool Wesleyesque Blade.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Me three. Its the best look IMO.

I like the way Scott Eaton portrayed Blade when he teamed up with Black Panther, Luke Cage, and Brother Voodoo:

If only we can get a film adaptation of that story.....

Ubisoft had a bad launch with Division as a game and it took a long time for it to rebound . But they seemed to learn lessons from that and the launch of Division 2 has been a success overall. Its like they saw what went wrong in 2016 and 3 years later made sure the 2nd game launch was better. Why EA couldn't do this with its sequel is kinda silly.

They have a license that could print money and do really good games. I'll reserve judgement on Fallen Order. But if its bad they have whiffed on 3 games in this generation. No matter how pretty the game looks.

Did any one watch the Blade TV series that Geoff Johns did on Spike TV like 10 years ago? I've never seen it but was told it was really good.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 04-16-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

Did any one watch the Blade TV series that Geoff Johns did on Spike TV like 10 years ago? I've never seen it but was told it was really good.
    The eps I saw were pretty good. But I was so used To seeing Snipes as Blade I don't think I fully appreciated it.