Page 261 of 827 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361761 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 12396

I knew D.L. was garbage but damn.
    https://twitter.com/indigogloves/sta...61647909281794

Ain't like ariel was a ginger anyway. Her hair was red red, not ginger red lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

i've said it before. but Queen Latifah would probably make a decent Ursula.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Aquaman & Wonder Woman were played by POC.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-05-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Gal Gadot is Israeli/Jewish.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's as worthless as it gets.

But kinda instructive in a way.

Been wondering for awhile how all these brothers could justify looking the other way
    while 'ol boy victimized sisters all but exclusively.

Guess I got my answer now. Jesus.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Gal Gadot is Israeli/Jewish.
    I looked up her background, and her European ancestry indicates her as Ashkenazi.

It is rather confusing. From my experiences, Ashkenazi Jews normally classify themselves as white European, racially (not culturally or by religion). Those are the people I have personally known, or interacted with online. I have come across articles claiming Gal, and other Ashkenazi Jews are POC. This is the first time I have ever heard that claim.

Ashkenazi Jews typically enjoy a higher standard of living over Ethiopian Jews (who I obviously consider to be POC).

A lot of the articles I read contradict each other.

Clearly, she is not Anglo-Saxon, but I do consider her white. Still, I will do more research to enlighten myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't celebrate the 4th either, but I don't get how someone is a hypocrite for celebrating the 4th and cancelling R. Kelly. Unless they are playing Ignition at the barbeque or something?

If I put on my over-thinking cap, I can see how he may be going after black people celebrating the 243rd anniversary of a country which did not even grant their ancestors freedom at its inception, but I'm probably over-reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ain't like ariel was a ginger anyway. Her hair was red red, not ginger red lol
    Disney has more ginger princesses than it does black princesses. Even if you take away Ariel, Merida & Anna are gingers. My dad is a ginger, so I'll have to ask him if he considers Anna to be a ginger, because she confuses me.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I looked up her background, and her European ancestry indicates her as Ashkenazi.

It is rather confusing. From my experiences, Ashkenazi Jews normally classify themselves as white European, racially (not culturally or by religion). Those are the people I have personally known, or interacted with online. I have come across articles claiming Gal, and other Ashkenazi Jews are POC. This is the first time I have ever heard that claim.

Ashkenazi Jews typically enjoy a higher standard of living over Ethiopian Jews (who I obviously consider to be POC).

A lot of the articles I read contradict each other.

Clearly, she is not Anglo-Saxon, but I do consider her white. Still, I will do more research to enlighten myself.
    I am Jewish and of Eastern European ancestry. I have always identified as white, although some people have told me, once they know that I'm Jewish, that I'm not white. So I guess I pass, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't celebrate the 4th either, but I don't get how someone is a hypocrite for celebrating the 4th and cancelling R. Kelly. Unless they are playing Ignition at the barbeque or something?

If I put on my over-thinking cap, I can see how he may be going after black people celebrating the 243rd anniversary of a country which did not even grant their ancestors freedom at its inception, but I'm probably over-reaching.
    Does anyone really even "celebrate the 4th"

I celebrate the day off. Maybe celebrate some food and bbq.

I don't even stop once and go, "thank god fo rthe declaration of independence!"

It is like other random holidays I get off... I don't even think about the true holiday
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Disney has more ginger princesses than it does black princesses. Even if you take away Ariel, Merida & Anna are gingers. My dad is a ginger, so I'll have to ask him if he considers Anna to be a ginger, because she confuses me.
    Hell, Mera from Aquaman is basically Ariel if she were a superhero.

You're not. It was a clunky analogy, but that's pretty much what he was trying to say. It wasn't a defense of R(apist) Kelly as some seem to be taking it.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Sooo reading the Fantastic Four: Prodigal Son issue... which An alien (whose name phonetically sounds like Prodigal) crash lands on Earth and starts whipping ass....sounds familiar? well this alien looks like a black dude!! making this panel a liiiil more hilarious
    Attachment 84216

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Hell, Mera from Aquaman is basically Ariel if she were a superhero.
    My dad and I say that all the time when we talk on the phone lol

I'm already used to Ariel doing some minor super-heroing of her own because of the first Kingdom Hearts game.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Does anyone really even "celebrate the 4th"

I celebrate the day off. Maybe celebrate some food and bbq.

I don't even stop once and go, "thank god fo rthe declaration of independence!"

It is like other random holidays I get off... I don't even think about the true holiday
    I guess I consider the BBQ'ing and fireworks to be celebrating the holiday, but, now that you mention it, I've never heard anybody say "Happy Fourth of July" in casual conversation. I do think there are people who swear by it and would be shocked that other Americans aren't as obsessed with it as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    You're not. It was a clunky analogy, but that's pretty much what he was trying to say. It wasn't a defense of R(apist) Kelly as some seem to be taking it.
    Yeah, I figured that's where he was going with it.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I guess I consider the BBQ'ing and fireworks to be celebrating the holiday, but, now that you mention it, I've never heard anybody say "Happy Fourth of July" in casual conversation. I do think there are people who swear by it and would be shocked that other Americans aren't as obsessed with it as they are.
    no lie I'm lil surprised its not the norm in most places... Almost all the folks i know do something to commemorate the day and hella quick to wish you a happy 4th
    could be regional...