Page 625 of 828 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635675725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 12406
    Ultimate Member

Aside from the more serious stuff, I was watching that Venom movie..i find these movies to be borderline unbearable.

But I'm surprised at how young Naomie Harris and Woody Harrelson still look.

They are 45 and 60 respectively and still look great for their ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Aside from the more serious stuff, I was watching that Venom movie..i find these movies to be borderline unbearable.
    The first Venom reminded me some of the shittier comic book movies of the past that I thought holywood moved on from and yet it sold bananas.

I don't understand it and never will. It was like watching Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

But people loved it and they seem to love the sequel that I might catch on Red Box some day because it looks equally as terrible.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-09-2021 at 06:23 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The first Venom reminded me some of the shittier comic book movies of the past that I thought holywood moved on from and yet it sold bananas.

I don't understand it and never will. It was like watching Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

But people loved it and they seem to love the sequel that I might catch on Red Box some day because it looks equally as terrible.
    People love them for some reason...they seem to have really connected with audiences.

The second movie barely had any action. It was just..bland IMHO.

People love them for some reason...they seem to have really connected with audiences.

The second movie barely had any action. It was just..bland IMHO.
    Dang so they made the second one even worse lol. Fun

Speaking of random CMB... finally saw Black Widow on D+ and that is the worst MCU third act yet. Bast have mercy how was this not ripped apart? Because people were starving for a blockbuster because of covid? Or did I just miss the criticism.

and lol at the spoilers:
    magical negro who can get top of the line jets or whatever the plot demands lol. wtf happened in this third act?
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Speaking of random CMB... finally saw Black Widow on D+ and that is the worst MCU third act yet. Bast have mercy how was this not ripped apart? Because people were starving for a blockbuster because of covid? Or did I just miss the criticism.

and lol at the spoilers:
    magical negro who can get top of the line jets or whatever the plot demands lol. wtf happened in this third act?
    end of spoilers
    I liked BW but the movie did fall apart during its third act.

It's like different people made the third act. It was so overblown and the CGI was just...terrible.

and lol at the spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Go look up Black Widow Pitch Meeting on Youtube. he does a good job of picking the movies apart and it is funny as Heck
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

In people are weird news...R.Kelly's album sales have gone up by 500% since his guilty verdict. His streams jumped from 11.2m to 13.4m.

Not unsimilar to Morgan Wallen's album sales skyrocketing after his racism scandal.

Human beings are weird.

In people are weird news...R.Kelly's album sales have gone up by 500% since his guilty verdict. His streams jumped from 11.2m to 13.4m.

Not unsimilar to Morgan Wallen's album sales skyrocketing after his racism scandal.

Human beings are weird.
    When aliens come to Earth and tell us that humans are not worthy of life and we need to be wiped from the universe I am just going to think of this story and say

"Yep I get it."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

and lol at the spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think they had a great idea for what should be the heart of Nat’s story in regards to making sure that Yelena and the rest of her family were set-up for future stories… but got a bit of a bug in their bonnet about trying to make a 1) completely original character villain be 2) the personification of men exploiting young women and girls - and provide a “get out of guilt free” card on the girl that Loki had mentioned Natasha was responsible for killing back in Avengers.

They got overlay ambitious without looking for whatever characters in the comics would have sufficed for a similar role to what they wanted and maybe given them a bit more of short-cut to developing the idea to fruition.

They also got caught up in trying to apply the same idea to Taskmaster, and again overcompensated a bit too much - the opening sequence was haunting enough to get the idea across and remain a theme for the enitre film.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Rappers have been HEAVILY criticized for their lyrical content. A lot of older rappers struggled to get their albums released...Two Live Crew had some of their albums treated like obscenity and Ice-T struggled to get Cop Killer released. Even "Baby got back" was only played after 10.00pm on MTV.

Back then, a lot of rappers struggled to get airplay and a hardcore rap (just like heavy metal) wasn't all that mainstream despite the massive album sales (that's why the likes of Will Smith and LL Cool J were always welcome at awards ceremonies). For a good long while you didn't have rappers chart on the billboard top 10 single charts compared to the total dominance you see today.

The truth is, money talks. The top music executives noticed that majority of hardcore rap sales were going to white homes and they decided to capitalize. Then when Bill Clinton passed the Telecommunications Act of 1996 the bigger music studios effectively bought a number of radio stations in subsequent years and with hip-hop growing more popular they eventually moved it into the mainstream. All this coincided with MTV playing a lot more rap music outside of "Yo, MTV raps". Today, hip-hop and pop completely dominate the airwaves just like the execs wanted.

Point is, hip-hop has become too profitable for everyone involved. To this day, a lot of people actually still criticize them for their lyrical content but it's just too big to do anything about anymore.
    I don't think anything's too big to fail.

And it's one thing to be vulgar or crude. But it's another to be sexist. Which comes off as hypocritical considering many of them rapped about their own experiences qith societal prejudice.

Extraordinary Member

Debating about tokenism in comic books - MAD REACTION

MOVIE MADNESS & ENTERTAINMENT

Here we get Rippa getting ripped apart. What is the difference between characters introduced back in the day and now? THE INTERNET, MARKETING. LOL

I liked BW but the movie did fall apart during its third act.

It's like different people made the third act. It was so overblown and the CGI was just...terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think they had a great idea for what should be the heart of Nat’s story in regards to making sure that Yelena and the rest of her family were set-up for future stories… but got a bit of a bug in their bonnet about trying to make a 1) completely original character villain be 2) the personification of men exploiting young women and girls - and provide a “get out of guilt free” card on the girl that Loki had mentioned Natasha was responsible for killing back in Avengers.

They got overlay ambitious without looking for whatever characters in the comics would have sufficed for a similar role to what they wanted and maybe given them a bit more of short-cut to developing the idea to fruition.

They also got caught up in trying to apply the same idea to Taskmaster, and again overcompensated a bit too much - the opening sequence was haunting enough to get the idea across and remain a theme for the enitre film.
    What a GD waste taskmaster was. Took everything fun about him, made him a discount WS, mentioned his power thing one time (woudl non comic book readers even catch it?) and... did nothing with him. He had one cool scene ! wtf!

Even when they were monologing the main villains motivations or goal is was like... talking in circles, saying a lot while saying nothing. I don't even know what he actually wanted to do with his life lol.

The more I think about it, the worst it gets. At least with similar "meh" marvel movies (of course, personal opinion), it was more like, "eh, this is villain is meh. This really isn't too interesting." not "yo wtf am I watching this is ridiculous" lol.

Even my wife, who was more excited about the movie, and who isn't a comic book nerd, was watching the third act and just goes, "this is so dumb come on" lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Debating about tokenism in comic books - MAD REACTION

MOVIE MADNESS & ENTERTAINMENT
    Isn't this guy another anti-SJW whiner?

Incredible Member

I tried to watch the video but couldn't get through the first minutes. I'm not sure what's it's about but comics need more authentic Black historical figures like Othello who is indeed a Black African/Moor. Which was confirmed after a Michigan professor got cancelled after showing a old movie starring Lawrence Olivier in blackface. If Othello is in the public domain I would want him to appear in a Milestone book in some way. Maybe in a time travel story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, a lot rappers have been criticized for glorifying violence, sexism, and using the N-Word. But criticism isn't the same as being so-called "cancelled". And like MindofShadow said, when being edgy is part of your brand, it only helps.

Chris is a little different seeing as he was more on the R&B pop side, but still he was someone people loves and some fans believe he can do no wrong.
    This.
    While that same industry ran Tevin Campbell out due to his sexual preference. Same with Marques Houston.

Point is, hip-hop has become too profitable for everyone involved. To this day, a lot of people actually still criticize them for their lyrical content but it's just too big to do anything about anymore.
    You can do something about it if you balance what is played. It's sad I have to listen to GTA, Tony Hawk and other GAMES to hear decent hip hop music. NBA 2K was one of those until 2018-something is NOT right where you have to BLEEP 90% of a song.
    Yes there is a song on 2018 or 19 where more than HALF the song is edited out because it was about a guy banging his maid and his girl's best friend. How does that song get on a game for EVERYBODY? GTA-sure but not NBA2K.

We no longer have that balance in what is played. Take Prince-the last time I heard a NEW Prince song played on a black radio station here was in 1994.
    Ray J NO black station played his music. Meanwhile for almost 2 years one of the most popular and requested songs on WHITE radio stations was Ray J's One Wish. This was BEFORE the sextape. Never heard a Romeo song on the radio. Never heard Soulja Boy.