Page 77 of 826 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 12382
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ha okay yeah there's no blackmen in jail or did time based on false rape allegations-okay you right.
    We WERE talking about #MeToo specifically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We WERE talking about #MeToo specifically.
    And WE were saying we don't like the direction metoo is going in. But keep believin brah.

Astonishing Member

Because atleast blm had evidence on their side and proceeded from that standpoint. Yeah you had cops on video tape shooting unarmed blackmen in the back and beating the case. That's a failure of the justice system. Metoo doesn't proceed from the evidence standpoint or due process it's hearsay and allegations. And any movement supporting people going to jail and losing their job based on someone's word is suspect and unlawful from the beginning. And please don't say nobody is doing that in the movement because they most definitely are.

And so far the only people going to jail because a white woman said so are blackmen that's the difference. Lucky there was video in this case or who the hell knows what would've happened to that kid.
    But again, the only people going to jail part has nothing to do with the movement, that's the justice system. That's not a difference. The movement has no control on if Trump, Brett Kavanaugh. etc goes to jail. They only can claim their allegations in hope that the justice system would find their proposed suspect guilty. But as we ALL know, the justice system is much less forgiving to black suspects than their white counterparts, hence why white suspects are normally found non guilty and their black suspects found guilty. So the only thing the movement can do is exposed those that have sexually harassed or raped, it's sadly up to the justice system to see if they are found guilty, and white men have that nice pesky thing called "white privilege" which of course black men do not have.

With that said, I do not doubt that there are some in the movement trying to use the movement for their own gain, trying to ruin the life of someone due to a slight they felt was wrong. I completely agree there, but you have to realize the video tape shooting is a recent thing. It wasn't that long ago where our situations was also just "heresay." It wasn't until cameras from smart phones came out and people just so happen to record at the right time where are words were being validated. And now these cops have body cams, and car cams, (though that still barely helps much.) As such, it's much easier to catch a police officer doing something unlawful than being able to record executive producer John Krapiere grabbing your ass from a walk by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    But again, the only people going to jail part has nothing to do with the movement, that's the justice system. That's not a difference. The movement has no control on if Trump, Brett Kavanaugh. etc goes to jail. They only can claim their allegations in hope that the justice system would find their proposed suspect guilty. But as we ALL know, the justice system is much less forgiving to black suspects than their white counterparts, hence why white suspects are normally found non guilty and their black suspects found guilty. So the only thing the movement can do is exposed those that have sexually harassed or raped, it's sadly up to the justice system to see if they are found guilty, and white men have that nice pesky thing called "white privilege" which of course black men do not have.

With that said, I do not doubt that there are some in the movement trying to use the movement for their own gain, trying to ruin the life of someone due to a slight they felt was wrong. I completely agree there, but you have to realize the video tape shooting is a recent thing. It wasn't that long ago where our situations was also just "heresay." It wasn't until cameras from smart phones came out and people just so happen to record at the right time where are words were being validated. And now these cops have body cams, and car cams, (though that still barely helps much.) As such, it's much easier to catch a police officer doing something unlawful than being able to record executive producer John Krapiere grabbing your ass from a walk by.
    I agree with a lot of what you said but the problem with hearsay is. That it almost always weighs in favor of a white person when the person accused is black. Being able to destroy someone's life with mere accusations is too much power for a person to have. At least with evidence a fair outcome has a chance but without it we're going back to mob justice and that doesn't favor black men much. I'm all for justice for rape victims but I need more to go on than just an accusation.

The #MeToo movement is not necessarily about sending rapists to jail. It's about two things:

1. Reminding rapists and sexual harassers that even if they never go to trial, we're not letting them ignore what they've done and we're not pretending it didn't happen any more. It's about making sure that wherever they go, everyone will know what they've done.

2. Letting boys and men who haven't raped anyone or sexually harassed or sexually assaulted anyone, what will happen to them if they do those things; that they won't get away with it so easily anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kobe got removed from a film festival thing beause of his rape allegation

https://sports.yahoo.com/kobe-bryant...000612450.html
    Nonsense

Because atleast blm had evidence on their side and proceeded from that standpoint. Yeah you had cops on video tape shooting unarmed blackmen in the back and beating the case. That's a failure of the justice system. Metoo doesn't proceed from the evidence standpoint or due process it's hearsay and allegations. And any movement supporting people going to jail and losing their job based on someone's word is suspect and unlawful from the beginning. And please don't say nobody is doing that in the movement because they most definitely are.

And so far the only people going to jail because a white woman said so are blackmen that's the difference. Lucky there was video in this case or who the hell knows what would've happened to that kid.
    Knowledge ✊🏿

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've noticed that drones didn't really start getting criticized until the Obama administration and ceased to be a talking the moment he was out of the White House.

Almost like it was never really about drones and just another avenue to attack the first black POTUS.
    I'm just going to point out that there is a perfectly good reason for that. Problem is, it's not really racism.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-18-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm just going to point out that there is a perfectly good reason for that. Problem is, it's not really racism.
    Okay, then what is it?

Okay, then what is it?
    While I know you shouldn't answer a question with a question...

Do you believe former President Obama -

- Made a concerted effort to turn away from Former President Bush's beginnings when it came to the drone program?

or

- Largely embraced former President Bush's approach while increasing how much it was used?

While I know you shouldn't answer a question with a question...

Do you believe former President Obama -

- Made a concerted effort to turn away from Former President Bush's beginnings when it came to the drone program?

or

- Largely embraced former President Bush's approach while increasing how much it was used?
    My point isn't that Obama never used drones. My point is that a) he wasn't the first POTUS to do so and b) no one's cared about drone strikes since he left office despite Trump's use of drones causing even more damage than Obama's.

My point isn't that Obama never used drones. My point is that a) he wasn't the first POTUS to do so and b) no one's cared about drone strikes since he left office despite Trump's use of drones causing even more damage than Obama's.
    You pointed out that there wasn't really serious criticism until President Obama.

Look at the number of drones he used versus the number former President Bush used. Once you done that, think about if folks voted for former President Obama to essentially ramp up the way former President Bush had been using drones.

You pointed out that there wasn't really serious criticism until President Obama.

Look at the number of drones he used versus the number former President Bush used. Once you done that, think about if folks voted for former President Obama to essentially ramp up the way former President Bush had been using drones.
    And Trump has relied on drone strikes even more, yet no one's talking about it.

And Trump has relied on drone strikes even more, yet no one's talking about it.
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with former President Obama was largely the first President to deal with criticism when it came to his use of the drone program.

It is an issue that is mostly separate from that.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with former President Obama was largely the first President to deal with criticism when it came to his use of the drone program.

It is an issue that is mostly separate from that.
    The first president to deal with this criticism also happens to also be the first black president of the US.

Do the math.

On that second issue...

While I do see where you are coming from, I don't entirely agree that no one is taking issue with it -

https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents...d&stream=world

Syria: “War of annihilation”: Devastating toll on civilians, Raqqa – Syria