Page 475 of 824 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 12354
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I saw where they bounced a Black rapper, Young Pharaoh from speaking at CPAC because of ant-semitic statements he made.

Selective "cancel culture" at work. Just like they supported Blue Lives Matter on Jan. 6th.
    Conservatives been utilizing cancel culture against black folks for decades. In the past, they just called it preserving "family values".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I saw where they bounced a Black rapper, Young Pharaoh from speaking at CPAC because of ant-semitic statements he made.

Selective "cancel culture" at work. Just like they supported Blue Lives Matter on Jan. 6th.
    Young Pharaoh is now pointing out how the CPAC chair himself has said similar stuff, but of course hasn't been asked to step down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I don’t know what DC is doing, but as long as I get my Blue Beetle and Static movies, which do seem to be happening, I’ll be good! Now hopefully they’re quality films (ala Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman and Joker).
    Don't hold your breath , there's a number of DC/Warner Bros movies that were greenlight a few years ago that are either now stuck in development or outright cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Let's see if conservatives pundits are going stick up for T.I. seeing as "WOKE" Disney fired someone else. Will they claim that "cancel culture" is out of control and that T.I. is owed due process? Is Don Trump Jr going to address it? Will Ben Shapiro offer Tip a job? Or is it more likely they'll ignore it cuz he's not a conservative.
    I'm sure there argument will be that Carano was fired for "wrong think" while T.I. was fired because he is being accused of committing a crime.

Ultimate Member

What's this Dr Seuss thing I'm reading about?

There's been a lot of noise about some Dr Seuss books being pulled because they contained racist imagery.

If they contain racist imagery, then what's wrong with pulling them?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

There's been a lot of noise about some Dr Seuss books being pulled because they contained racist imagery.

They do contain racist imagery. What's happening is that the rights-holders to Seuss' books have decided to no longer publish them. That's it. They aren't pulling them out of libraries. They're just not going to make them anymore.

Remember, these kinds of arguments are advanced by the same people who think putting a warning in front of Muppets episodes that engaged in harmful stereotyping is 'cancelling the muppets'.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Six Dr. Seuss books — including “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street” and “If I Ran the Zoo”, The other books affected are “McElligot’s Pool,” “On Beyond Zebra!,” “Scrambled Eggs Super!,” and “The Cat’s Quizzer.”
    Ain't nobody read those books anyway lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Outside of "Mulberry Street" these are his least popular books and it's worth noting that years later, Seuss ( Theodor Seuss Geisel) himself came around to realizing that these books contained some potentially harmful imagery.

What's funny now is that some Republicans are trying to use the fact that Obama said some nice things about Seuss and read "Cat in the Hat" to some kids at the White House as some sort of "gotcha".

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ain't nobody read those books anyway lol.
    Right, and my girls are about as deep into Seuss as I was. Meaning the same half dozen or so books are in the rotation.

ALTHOUGH, If I Ran the Zoo I feel I remember maybe my mother throwing some shade at on so level back in the day... Yea the rest of them though don't even ring a bell.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Right, and my girls are about as deep into Seuss as I was. Meaning the same half dozen or so books are in the rotation.

ALTHOUGH, If I Ran the Zoo I feel I remember maybe my mother throwing some shade at on so level back in the day... Yea the rest of them though don't even ring a bell.
    My wife teaches elementary school and I have way too many childrens books in my house as she is obesssed with getting kids into books

and yeah... don't even own those ones, barely even heard of them lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    My wife teaches elementary school and I have way too many childrens books in my house as she is obesssed with getting kids into books
    I'm awash in children's books but I'm managing, barley. We have a tall bookshelf, a nice one, JUST full of paint, paper, construction and otherwise, coloring books, all the learning ****, markers, markers, markers. My two barley give a fk about it. Man if you had dropped that cabinet on me back in 1983, include a couple bathroom breaks you literally could have slid a couple sandwiches underneath the door couple times a day and I'd have been solid gold for a month. I used to make it happen with a quarter of the resources.
    You bet yer ass.

Just found out HBO Max has the Static Shock cartoon. Up until last week I'd never sat, sat through it, hell I was grown and out the house when it came out. Lots of guns in it to my surprise lol and I'm only a couple episodes in. I tried to look for any other Milestone characters to cameo in the thumnails but I didn't see any if they did.

The best friend though, I mean c'mon he's everything but a brotha. I get why, still. It lasted 4 seasons which is pretty good ground work for a character that should be way bigger in the public eye than he is.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Outside of "Mulberry Street" these are his least popular books and it's worth noting that years later, Seuss ( Theodor Seuss Geisel) himself came around to realizing that these books contained some potentially harmful imagery.

What's funny now is that some Republicans are trying to use the fact that Obama said some nice things about Seuss and read "Cat in the Hat" to some kids at the White House as some sort of "gotcha".
    Yeah, these are some of the most obscure Seuss books, but I still have a problem with the notion of trying to erase these books from existence. I mean, how long before some libraries decide that if it's good enough for the publisher to no longer publish the books, then it's good enough for the library to stop having them on the shelves? I prefer the disclaimer route as Disney is doing with the Muppets, rather than just locking them away in a vault, as Disney did with Song of the South.
    Watching television is not an activity.

https://www.cbr.com/lupita-nyongo-su...erhero-series/

Lupita Nyong'o helps to launch an animated African superhero kid series.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Just found out HBO Max has the Static Shock cartoon. Up until last week I'd never sat, sat through it, hell I was grown and out the house when it came out. Lots of guns in it to my surprise lol and I'm only a couple episodes in. I tried to look for any other Milestone characters to cameo in the thumnails but I didn't see any if they did.

The best friend though, I mean c'mon he's everything but a brotha. I get why, still. It lasted 4 seasons which is pretty good ground work for a character that should be way bigger in the public eye than he is.
    I don't think any other milestone characters appeared in the series, save for hotstreak, but he was Virgil's first rogue. It would have been interesting if that happened though.