Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
To be fair the cost for my belief suspension for a couple hours still has a price point, that said I've been at this since the 80's, you gotta work with me here. If you'd have told the 13 year old me that a plausible and convincing Iron Man would be in about a dozen movies and nearly another near dozen dudes will have played Batman on TV and film (yes I count Steve Amell as a Batman) I'd screamed out 'this muthaeffer tried to touch me!' Which is a long was of saying that I checked out of the FF slash current Statham/Johnson franchise, after the movie where they dragged the safe through Miami. After that I said to myself, one day I'm gonna have the flu and hopefully USA network is running a FF slash current Statham/Johnson franchise marathon and between lapses I may hope to catch up. Leads me to a question tho- What actually IS Dwayne Johnson's most rewatchable movie?? Am I wrong is saying it's STILL The Rundown? Love that movie but dude makes largely forgettable movies. Also the studios have a share of the blame too.

I would argue, on an action movie level, Jean Claude VanDam has made (albeit less expensive) 'better', cooler for sho, or more memorable movies than The Rock has. I appreciate he's of color more than anything and back in the day when I was wrasslin' nut, I didn't miss a RAW, Smackdown or PPV when he was on the rise and then on top. I also feel he's made more movies that Schwarzenegger yet there is no T2 or Commando on his IMDB page. I guess because Johnson isn't into a great deal of R-rated fare, I mean I kinda dug Faster for what it was but as a whole it's like I guess I'm cool with him doing it, I'm just not compelled to participate in it. Or I guess wake me when a Black Adam trailer drops.
That is a great point about Johnson.

I can't think of a single thing I've watched of his that I've rewatched.... not one. I don't think I have a single dvd/bluray (yes im a dinosaur) that he is in....