Page 40 of 827 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn. Katt Williams got smoke for some of his peers. You might feel he got a lot of nerve but I don't think he's totally wrong about Tiffany Haddish.
    NO he's bitter because he forgot the ONE thing that you MUST do in the game.

SHOW GROWTH. You can't keep playing pimps all day long.

Kevin Hart showed growth. All I knew about him was from his failed ABC show-Big House with a then unknown Yvette "Community" Brown. Now look at him.

When you think Katt-what do you think? PIMP from Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO he's bitter because he forgot the ONE thing that you MUST do in the game.

SHOW GROWTH. You can't keep playing pimps all day long.

Kevin Hart showed growth. All I knew about him was from his failed ABC show-Big House with a then unknown Yvette "Community" Brown. Now look at him.

When you think Katt-what do you think? PIMP from Friday.
    The alligator.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Apple"/"Orange"...

Find me any image of Close playing Cruella where the dresses are even showing some knee.

If you put the young woman who is playing Supergirl in that outfit, the same exact things would wind up being said.

Edit: And that's "If" the wig didn't come with the costume.
    Melissa Benoist would NOT get chased off of social media for that outfit.

You would see the greatest mental gymnastics to call her a hooker but NOT use the word Hooker.

Heck you would probably hear her called a wrestler because I have seen outfits like that in the ring. ECW Ariel and EARLY Trish Stratus both say hello.

I will say this-if Melissa portrayed Starfire like she was in the first cartoon or as a ULTRA naive on Earth cultures alien-the comments stop. With Anna-they will still go on.

BANNED

I bet she is literally disguised on purpose as a hooker for that 70's party. And she's totally wearing that for most of season 1, regardless of what they said.

Astonishing Member

Probably.

Robin: That's quite the ...interesting outfit, Starfire.

Star fire: I'm am dressed as something called 'the hooker,' friend Robin. Is it not the pretty colors?

Robin: erm...these are great...colors

I just saw this picture in a bigger size and I think she's also wearing thigh highs. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Probably.

Robin: That's quite the ...interesting outfit, Starfire.

Star fire: I'm am dressed as something called 'the hooker,' friend Robin. Is it not the pretty colors?

Robin: erm...these are great...colors

I just saw this picture in a bigger size and I think she's also wearing thigh highs. *sigh*
    It's hard to tell if it's the boots themselves or nylons.

But, yeah. No way people would be talking in "Sex Worker" terms if that was someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I bet she is literally disguised on purpose as a hooker for that 70's party. And she's totally wearing that for most of season 1, regardless of what they said.
    One other thing about this...

Take a look at the dress in the "Set Photos" from a while back, and compare it to the group shot a few pages back.

It looks like it might actually be two different dresses. The necklines look a bit different.

If that's the case? Jeez...

I feel like I'm one of the only one not bothered by any of that. I think she's hot as hell and Starfire has worn worse ****. The wig could be better but it's late in the game. Maybe they can fix it up if this show proves successful.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Katt Williams wouldn't mess with me. I have a cousin in sixth grade with quick hands.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

From my perspective, Starfire's hypersexual veneer, (y'know, that whole "I'm an Alien, and I'm just not bothered by wearing what your society would consider "scandalous atire") is a gimmick that only works on the pages of a comic book. She was created by a guy with some very specific fetishes to be an innocent fan service waifu sex-maniac. At her core, Starfire is creepy 80's exploitation at its worst, masked in a noble veneer. If the live-action adaptation had no problem making her black, then they should have also changed her aesthetic. No woman should have to be punished on social media like this for failing to live up to the expectations of a bunch of perverts.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Killmonger's getting a limited series.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/erik-killmon...-co-1829114993
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-17-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    From my perspective, Starfire's hypersexual veneer, (y'know, that whole "I'm an Alien, and I'm just not bothered by wearing what your society would consider "scandalous atire") is a gimmick that only works on the pages of a comic book. She was created by a guy with some very specific fetishes to be an innocent fan service waifu sex-maniac. At her core, Starfire is creepy 80's exploitation at its worst, masked in a noble veneer. If the live-action adaptation had no problem making her black, then they should have also changed her aesthetic. No woman should have to be punished on social media like this for failing to live up to the expectations of a bunch of perverts.

Considering she's showing way less skin than the comics, she's already far less sexualised than any version of the character that isn't the Teen Titans Go version.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-17-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    That's about where I am.

The best way to deal with this would have been to just make a break with it. Not the look that we've seen thus far.

I can't think of any scenario where it was going to end anything like "Well".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Curly hair as opposed to straight hair? Is straight hair suppose to bring out Anna Diop's natural beauty? lol
    Dreadlocks or braids (styles that black women wear in real life) would be much, much better than what she has going on.

That curly pink hair (plus that outfit) looks terrible and I just hope there’s an in-universe explanation for what’s going on with her entire appearance.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That costume is garbage. Even if you go with the, "it doesn't look like a street hoe and its just dumb hollywood!" defense... the outfit is still straight garbage. Fur coat, stupid boots, and the dress looks like it came off the rack of Goodwill.
    That’s just it, the “hookerl argument aside...she just looks terrible.