Page 196 of 827 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    John Byrne still works in the industry. He mainly works with IDW. He mainly does stuff for Star Trek. SO lets end that false narrative.

Where is your evidence to support this? Most of the time it was done is because certain comics book stores wouldn't order books with new characters ESPECIALLY POC no matter who the writer was. Not because they wouldn't sell but because the person on the cover wasn't straight white or male.
    Hope Larson has to deal with on Goldie Vance and that is why they went OGN and still got a movie deal.
    The Burnside Batgirl team also dealt with it doing Motor Crush.
    Chuck Dixon raised heck about it-in the 80s when he did Strike with Tom Lyle.
    Ben Aaronovitch-DR Who writer & creator of Rivers of London-ask HIM. He had to FIGHT with publishers because they kept trying to hide the fact the lead of his book is a black guy.
    I can name more.

Stan didn't support it? Explain how Stan's last creation for Marvel was SHE HULK? What about Johnny Storm? Wasn't there a Human Torch before him?

Going by this logic-
    Storm fans need to can it because Moon Girl & Riri & Shuri have books. Along with Goldie Vance-who got a movie deal.

That is not how it will EVER work.

Cyborg fans have every right to be PISSED.
    Storm fans have every right to be FURIOUS.
    Duke Thomas fans have a right to be ANGRY.

They REFUSE to settle for what Miles & the gang have done. They want to know why is that NOT being done with their favorites.

They want to know why DC's "best" writer lacks the skills to offer a competent Duke Thomas in DC's flagship title known as Batman.
    They want to know why Storm has to be in Logan's bed or in a black male bashing Black Panther book to get development.
    They want to know why DC's top writers "CRAP" on Cyborg.
    They want to know WHY in order to read about a well done black character-it has to be at another company.

Before you scream agenda-I am talking BUSINESS. Because what Dc won't do-OTHERS will. You don't send folks to competition. Yet DC is doing that.
    Yeah and? Name the last work of relevance in marvel or dc for byrne.

One of the last interviews and or pieces stan lee had written or dictated for mentioned about keeping the CHARACTER,not the mantle of the alterego,the same.

Talk business all you want. I stated my points and they haven't been wrong. Its my point of view vs yours. I dont claim yours to be wrong so don't come at me with your whining. This supposed to be a thread about minorities yet i only see you carrying the torch for one,and it sure as hell ain't mine.

How many on the ultimates..blue marvel and monica rambeau....funny how none included any that Habla espanol.

You do alot of crying for someone who is talking business. You worry about your stuff and i will deal with MY own group.

Hahahaha,i left marvel because of agenda. Rather read stories then people telling me how to think. Modern marvel comic comes off as a dam episode of some 90's cw program.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    Yeah and? Name the last work of relevance in marvel or dc for byrne.

One of the last interviews and or pieces stan lee had written or dictated for mentioned about keeping the CHARACTER,not the mantle of the alterego,the same.

Talk business all you want. I stated my points and they haven't been wrong. Its my point of view vs yours. I dont claim yours to be wrong so don't come at me with your whining. This supposed to be a thread about minorities yet i only see you carrying the torch for one,and it sure as hell ain't mine.

How many on the ultimates..blue marvel and monica rambeau....funny how none included any that Habla espanol.

You do alot of crying for someone who is talking business. You worry about your stuff and i will deal with MY own group.

Hahahaha,i left marvel because of agenda. Rather read stories then people telling me how to think. Modern marvel comic comes off as a dam episode of some 90's cw program.
    Just to point this out...

We are all entitled to our opinions. We can all be civil about it,we should all be civil. Even if the response is tinged with sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Fine cool. Just note Most popular character was created in era that was racist, The comics creators weren't racist themselves but they couldn't make diverse books who would buy them?
    Eh, wouldn't go that far. Obviously some of them were...and still are.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Plus, you will find an endless display of Instagram fitness models decked out as Wonder Woman....and they look way more representative of the character than Gal.

Check out Brigitte Goudz.
    You mean this character?

With a few exceptions like Alex Ross, most depictions of Wonder Woman are closer to Gadot's body type than Goudz.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to point this out...
    Im civil till someone start's speaking to me with mocking rhetoric. Don't cross that line and i won't.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yoooooowww I can't with you LOL.
    Apparently the movie is out in china and their messageboards have gone very caveman on her looks. Recent article spoke about it. Some users have added this pic to point out body comparisons. Pretty brutalAttachment 80017

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Eh, wouldn't go that far. Obviously some of them were...and still are.
    Yep, I would argue that some creative choices in some titles tends to reveal just where some creators biases are.

Not to mention the whole "comicsgate" thing has exposed some of them (granted they are quite few but it's still revealing)
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-20-2019 at 12:14 AM.

Im civil till someone start's speaking to me with mocking rhetoric. Don't cross that line and i won't.
    Since you might not be up to speed on this one...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ARDS-amp-RULES

BE CIVIL

Treat everyone with civility, keep the snark to a minimum, and do not insult other people. We cannot stress that last part enough: DO NOT INSULT OTHER PEOPLE. Engaging in insulting behavior is a bannable offense, and not the kind you come back from. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been here, whether you’re a newb or veteran, it will not be tolerated. Keep the example we mentioned in the Community Standards in mind; if you wouldn’t say it as a guest in someone else’s home, don’t say it here.

Ultimate Member

Apparently the movie is out in china and their messageboards have gone very caveman on her looks. Recent article spoke about it. Some users have added this pic to point out body comparisons. Pretty brutalAttachment 80017
    I could be completely wrong but those pictures look photo shopped.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-20-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I could be completely wrong but those pictures look photo shopped.
    It was taken off weibo on some article from abacus something or other. Chinese media focusing on her appearance

I'm more concerned about the flat affect she had the whole time rather than Brie's appearance.

It felt like she was phoning the whole thing in and didn't really care.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

It was taken off weibo on some article from abacus something or other. Chinese media focusing on her appearance
    Who cares what a random article in China says -- Marvel is focusing on that $$$.

----
    "Captain Marvel has made $760 million worldwide. $1 billion is in its sights."

"Captain Marvel has 760 million reasons not to listen to trolls.

After an explosive opening weekend at the box office that brought in $455 million worldwide, Captain Marvel continued to soar in week two: Marvel Studios’ first woman-led superhero movie made an estimated $69.3 million domestically and $120 million internationally in its second week in theaters. That brings its total to $266 million domestically and $760 million worldwide over two weekends.

That means Captain Marvel has already outpaced the lifetime domestic box office hauls of many of its Marvel peers, including 2014’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, 2016’s Doctor Strange, and 2018’s Ant-Man and the Wasp. It currently ranks as the 13th-most-successful Marvel movie in North America to date, and could easily move up the list.

Captain Marvel’s box office success comes despite the efforts of online trolls who tried to sink the movie’s online audience scores with fake reviews and low ratings on sites like Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB. (Critically, the movie has been met with mostly positive reviews.)"

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/3/1...ce-760-million
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-20-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm more concerned about the flat affect she had the whole time rather than Brie's appearance.

It felt like she was phoning the whole thing in and didn't really care.
    I wonder if that was a directorial choice based on the amnesia -- she's an Oscar-winning actress but that definitely didn't come across in the film.

Maybe we'll get a different look in Infinity Wars and beyond.

Now some are pretending Brie isn't attractive on some 4chan ****. Bast almighty. If some new guy came in here talking about certain WOC, some of yall would flip

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I wonder if that was a directorial choice based on the amnesia -- she's an Oscar-winning actress but that definitely didn't come across in the film.

Maybe we'll get a different look in Infinity Wars and beyond.
    Amnesia thing is interesting but also challenging at the same time. It basically means you don't get to see the character as they truly are until like the last 10 minutes of the movie.

This problem is gonna compound itself because now we have a 20 year time skip to Endgame. So we entirely missed Carol's development in the beginning due to amnesia and now we are missing 20 years of development due to the time jump.

It is kinda weird situation.

I thought her acting was more than solid when she was just being "Vers" and bouncing off of Fury and Yon. The cocky rebel space warrior thing worked and will likely work great when bouncing off the Avengers, especially someone like Thor or Rocket.

But when it came to the amnesia bits, she got flat (see came full circle with my post lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Now some are pretending Brie isn't attractive on some 4chan ****. Bast almighty. If some new guy came in here talking about certain WOC, some of yall would flip

Amnesia thing is interesting but also challenging at the same time. It basically means you don't get to see the character as they truly are until like the last 10 minutes of the movie.

This problem is gonna compound itself because now we have a 20 year time skip to Endgame. So we entirely missed Carol's development in the beginning due to amnesia and now we are missing 20 years of development due to the time jump.

It is kinda weird situation.

I thought her acting was more than solid when she was just being "Vers" and bouncing off of Fury and Yon. The cocky rebel space warrior thing worked and will likely work great when bouncing off the Avengers, especially someone like Thor or Rocket.

But when it came to the amnesia bits, she got flat (see came full circle with my post lol)
    I'm hoping the next Captain Marvel, goes for more pure action high adrenaline type of story telling.

I really want to see a cocky airforce pilot flying around fast as hell and blowing #### up. If there is one character that Marvel should be doing a Michael Bay style flick with it's Captain Marvel.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum