Page 705 of 828 FirstFirst ... 205605655695701702703704705706707708709715755805 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 12408

HBO Max and Cartoon Network announced a 2D animated adaptation of “Iyanu: Child of Wonder,” a Dark Horse Comics/YouNeek Studios graphic novel series heavily influenced by the Yoruba people of Nigeria. The project will be financed and overseen by Black-owned animation studio Lion Forge Animation.

“Iyanu: Child of Wonder” is a superhero tale set in the magical kingdom of Yorubaland, which draws from Nigerian culture, music and mythology. The series follows Iyanu, a teenage orphan who spends her days studying Yoruba history and ancient arts but yearns for a normal life. One day, responding to danger, she unknowingly triggers her divine powers, the likes of which have not been seen since the Age of Wonders. With newly discovered superpowers, Iyanu joins forces with two other teenagers as they embark on a remarkable journey to discover the truth about the evil lurking in her homeland. Throughout her adventure, she’ll uncover the truth about her past, her parents, and her ultimate destiny to save the world.
    The series is created by Roye Okupe, who will also write and direct multiple episodes. Lion Forge head of production Saxton Moore serves as supervising director. The writers room is led by Brandon Easton. Executive producers include Okupe, Doug ********, Carl Reed, Lion Forge’s David Steward II and Matt Heath, Impact X Capital’s Erica Dupuis and Forefront Media Group’s Ryan Haidarian.
    https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/iya...rk-1235313445/

I saw the Ms. Marvel finale. Ultimately it was a pretty decent show, a tour de force? No. Woke propaganda m-she-u stuff that those smelly bearded chuds complain about instead of showering? (These guys always have long unkempt beards and they look like they don't bathe) Also no, unless you're a big fan of cops.

Though there was a scene towards the end that piqued my interest. spoilers:
    Kamala's a mutant, they even played the X-Men theme, I didn't realize they hated Ike Perlmutter so much that they veered hard from anything even vaguely inhuman, sure Anson Mount was Black Bolt again, but they killed him.
    end of spoilers

It will be interesting to see where they go forward.

I have never heard of this series but it sounds interesting. I will try and find some of the GN.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

So Marvel recently released an updated version to the Marvel TTRPG Rules. You can definitely tell it's still in playtest fashion lol.

But in other news, a new episode of the Marvel TTRPG Show is coming out today. They have guest star TJ Storm. For folks who don't know, he's like the motion capture God lol. He plays mo-cap for Godzilla, He was Predator, and a couple of other big roles.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So Marvel recently released an updated version to the Marvel TTRPG Rules. You can definitely tell it's still in playtest fashion lol.

But in other news, a new episode of the Marvel TTRPG Show is coming out today. They have guest star TJ Storm. For folks who don't know, he's like the motion capture God lol. He plays mo-cap for Godzilla, He was Predator, and a couple of other big roles.

I remember him from the live-action Conan TV series. He came in the middle of the run replacing the giant dude (not Conan lol).

Shoutout to Viola man.
    Glen Close ain't got one of these on the resume, that for sure.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

NGL, for a second there I thought that was Jack from Power Rangers SPD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I remember him from the live-action Conan TV series. He came in the middle of the run replacing the giant dude (not Conan lol).
    Wait there was a live-action Conan TV Series?! Alright I gotta check this out lol.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Wait there was a live-action Conan TV Series?! Alright I gotta check this out lol.
    You really don't. It was one of those shitty New Zealand 90's fantasies like the Adventures of Sinbad, chasing the same audience as Xena and Hercules. But even for one of those, it was awful. Like, play it at three AM on a Sunday awful so no one will know it's on your channel. I think I was fourteen when it was on, and even in the depths of my youthful bad taste, I knew this show was crap.

Here you go. I think it's out of print on DVD. Its a shame, it was great late 90's TV, IMO.

I hate that it's forgotten, as it was, to date, the only time Conan and Red Sonja have appeared together (Arnie played some prince in the old Red Sonja movie). She was only in one ep of the 22 ep run, but she still appeared on the DVD cover.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have never heard of this series but it sounds interesting. I will try and find some of the GN.
    U should check out the other comics from YouNeek Studios.

Also try Comic republic.

Extraordinary Member

Check this out.
    Video talking about the ripperverse(eric july)and of course the new amazon lord of rings show.
    House of Dragon TRASHES White People - GOT Learned Nothing From S8 Disaster - MAD REACTION

Ultimate Member

It was by the same folks who did Tarzan and Acapulco H.E.A.T.. The guy who played Conan is a BBF of Arnold in real life. Interesting enough the 80s voice of Destro, Turbo and Devastor was in the cast.

It and Sinbad aired in the afternoons here. I want to say they either came on after or before Xena, Babylon 5 or Baywatch Nights.

Sinbad was to get a third season but contract issues axed that.

Ultimate Member

A video on the sexualization of black men.

It's a topic that isn't talked about much but it's something that a LOT of black men have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

A video on the sexualization of black men.

It's a topic that isn't talked about much but it's something that a LOT of black men have encountered.
    I think one issue with this topic is that some don't see it as a problem and maybe even a good thing.

So it is hard to change something if half the people don't mind it.

If that makes sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html