Page 200 of 824 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 12354
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think that there's that simple of a correlation. Especially considering that WW has been a female role model for literally decades. A decent WW movie was probably going to get higher female percentage anyway. Having said that, the Danvers movie has come close to making what WW did and it's only it's in it's 2nd week. Why would Marvel need to take notes?
    You never think there's a correlation between anything lol it's always "Oh no one thing has nothing to do with the other yadayada. The point is doing 3rd wave feminist stuff to attract women doesn't really work as well as said.

They had this huge campaign that this movie was for women and it attracted overwhelmingly more men. Yeah Marvel needs to learn from that -obviously.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-21-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    As far as being Hispanic goes. I will say this, i worked in an office where i was among freshly graduated liberals. I already stood out because i lifted weights and martial arts are my life.

They made it their point was that everythingbi thought was wrong and that i had to conform to what they considered appropriate. Even within my own culture of which none of them were a part of.
    I refuse to let anyone force me to abide by their opinion. Never again. People feel that because they have a few friends of another culture that they can get comfortable and say and dictate whatever they want. Bill Maher did that and ice cube set him straight.
    Cool story bro. I see it a lot these days, someone claiming they don't want be to told how to think. Like people out here reteaching algebra or some ****. I feel like that's probably not what some are really so unaccepting of and it might be closer to being taught how to feel... Those 'freshly graduated liberals' had no problem further ostracizing you for being the only one there. Making you feel like everything you did was incorrect. Making you feel like they can patronize you to a level they may or may not do with others that are more like you. Cube didn't set anybody straight casue Maher is still an *******, he only allowed him to disagree on his show, for the show of it. That's kind of Maher's thing.

I can probably tell you what those freshly graduated liberals really felt about you when they were off the clock and those nasty things came well be they were freshly graduated. Despite whatever face they may or may not have put on it in that office. Keeping you marginalized through measures of dictation and conformity did not come from a place of thinking free, it was so that you would feel a certain way around them for eight hours. Funny how that same sentiment comes from un-freshly, never graduated, non-liberals as well. I'm not telling you how to think but there is a common denominator there. So when some Hispanic 'weight lifting and martial arts' guy tells me how to feel about Bishop, or Static, on a fuckin' Tuesday, it comes to me as some 'freshly graduated liberal' talk... Of course, Joe Quesada tho, fwiw.

Everything is political to a degree. I just prefer it as an undercurrent. Not the overwhelming theme where if you disagree you are labeled by anyone who doesn't like a different opinion.

So I have to go to comicons or be a jerk on twitter and assault every writer and creater and call them everything in the book because they dont create enough latino or latina characters?
    I get that so why didn't you lead with that. And NAH, ya don't have to be labeled anything, unless you extra with it. Nor do you have to steam up my glasses about how I should FEEL about what you think, might or might not need to be as representation. You could just be a dude about it. Instead you talkin' about some token noise... Were you a token in that office with the freshly graduated liberals? Btw, what the hell does 'freshly graduated liberals' even mean bro, lol? I like a lot of black folks initiate Caucasian behavior towards me on a surface level, no need to frame it through some talking point lens because let me tell ya, they are with it or not and it doesn't matter the level of education or quasi-political ideology. Specially as how you might see it, shoutout to how you came up. Jus sayin' the real Lobo wouldn't do that so... yea don't hate forever I guess. Thanks for the bread.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The female fan service in these movies is 10000x more frequent, which is wild considering the core demographic of the actual comic books.

Of all the chicks who joined comic book franchises, I think Jessica Biel may be the one that reached the perfect blend muscle and leaness without looking masculine in Blade III. And I am pretty sure she stated she had a hard time finding roles after she put on muscle.
    I forgot all about Jessica. I honestly thought her difficulty with finding roles was mostly due to her not being a compelling actress, and having a starring role in unsuccessful projects.

She was like Ryan Reynolds, a human flop machine. Except Ryan was able to keep getting chances until Deadpool.

I have nothing against Ryan, but he is an example of a white male being able to fail multiple times before he hits pay dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I forgot all about Jessica. I honestly thought her difficulty with finding roles was mostly due to her not being a compelling actress, and having a starring role in unsuccessful projects.

She was like Ryan Reynolds, a human flop machine. Except Ryan was able to keep getting chances until Deadpool.

I have nothing against Ryan, but he is an example of a white male being able to fail multiple times before he hits pay dirt.
    I always get the feeling Ryan Reynolds knows that and would admit it if you asked him though. I'm sure he'd note that he busted ass, but I bet he'd acknowledge he got a lot of breaks where other wouldn't or didn't.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

The closest thing to a black Ryan Renolyds is prolly Mike Jai White. Even then Jai White is still more talented.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You never think there's a correlation between anything lol it's always "Oh no one thing has nothing to do with the other yadayada. The point is doing 3rd wave feminist stuff to attract women doesn't really work as well as said.

They had this huge campaign that this movie was for women and it attracted overwhelmingly more men. Yeah Marvel needs to learn from that -obviously.

"Captain Marvel ranks alongside Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp for having the smallest gender divide among audiences for films in the Marvel Comics Universe franchise, with a weekend crowd that was 55% male and 45% female, as Box Office Mojo reports."

I don't think that is bad going against THE woman superhero
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I always get the feeling Ryan Reynolds knows that and would admit it if you asked him though. I'm sure he'd note that he busted ass, but I bet he'd acknowledge he got a lot of breaks where other wouldn't or didn't.
    I completely agree with you. It is unfortunate that other thespians of equal and greater talent don't get those multiple opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The closest thing to a black Ryan Renolyds is prolly Mike Jai White. Even then Jai White is still more talented.
    MJW can do it all: comedy, action, romance, and even erotic thriller (I was surprised he did that).

I'd kill for a buddy movie featuring him & Wesley Snipes.

I completely agree with you. It is unfortunate that other thespians of equal and greater talent don't get those multiple opportunities.

MJW can do it all: comedy, action, romance, and even erotic thriller (I was surprised he did that).

I'd kill for a buddy movie featuring him & Wesley Snipes.
    Got it:

Blades
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Got it:

Blades
    I honestly want a younger, British Blade.

But those two in starring in an uncompromising manly movie with guns, swords, unsympathetic villains, and women of questionable morality.....?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The female fan service in these movies is 10000x more frequent, which is wild considering the core demographic of the actual comic books.

Of all the chicks who joined comic book franchises, I think Jessica Biel may be the one that reached the perfect blend muscle and leaness without looking masculine in Blade III. And I am pretty sure she stated she had a hard time finding roles after she put on muscle.

BRUH, Jessica Biel built in Blade III was heaven, and was the switch that made me prefer more athletic builds in women. Sadly I'm not surprised about that though. You can see on most athletic models on Instagram pages when they show a before/after image of them either being fatter or skinner, many guys state they prefer the before. So I'm not surprised that athletic presence is intimidating in the Hollywood role.

Though to be honest, it's not just women. M'baku talked about how he almost wasn't given the role in the movie US because of the fact that he's a tall, buff dude. Type Cast is real in Hollywood.

Extraordinary Member

Got it:

Blades
    On that note: anybody see Triple Threat?

Starring the guy from Ong Bak, the guy from The Raid and the guy from Man of Tai Chi in a classic beat em up flick.

The bad guys were Scott Adkins, MJW and Bisping.

Great stuff if you are an action fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    On that note: anybody see Triple Threat?

Starring the guy from Ong Bak, the guy from The Raid and the guy from Man of Tai Chi in a classic beat em up flick.

The bad guys were Scott Adkins, MJW and Bisping.

Great stuff if you are an action fan.
    Yea ima check it out. I sat though Trilple Frontier, least I can do it set up a couple views for MJW for the algorithm.
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Man....if I did not have excessive body hair....I'd cosplay as MC Hammer.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

And then I went in for my first checkup in 15 years and my new Doctor from Nigeria, Doctor Aiena, says as blunt as a pipe: Cut the sodas or you're gonna get diabetes. Cut the salt or you're gonna have a heart attack. And I'm like, my old white doctor would have been nicer, lol lol lol.

This guy's cool though, he tells it like it is. Getting older sucks though. No more pasta, no more white bread, no more Mountain Dew. Am I gonna starve to death? What the hell is healthy eating?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And then I went in for my first checkup in 15 years and my new Doctor from Nigeria, Doctor Aiena, says as blunt as a pipe: Cut the sodas or you're gonna get diabetes. Cut the salt or you're gonna have a heart attack. And I'm like, my old white doctor would have been nicer, lol lol lol.

This guy's cool though, he tells it like it is. Getting older sucks though. No more pasta, no more white bread, no more Mountain Dew. Am I gonna starve to death? What the hell is healthy eating?
    Sparkling Water's pretty nice, if you can get over the aftertaste, I really don't miss soda that much. I also eat a lot more fruit, but I try to lay off the sweets as best I can, I'm not one of those mainiacs telling people that "Fruit is just as good as candy!" Shut up, no it's not, I like fruit, but not that much.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 03-21-2019 at 10:57 AM.