Page 270 of 828 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    If you're as serious about the racism that you are speaking about in the very post that you have presented on this forum, then I imagine, and get more would-be black leads their jobs, then I imagine you'd be ready to support in hunting down the racists so as to get them all judged and be put in jail.
    That's an overactive imagination then -- criticizing racism isn't remotely the same thing as advocating that people be "jailed" for their racial biases.

Try using a bit more logic next time, and a little less fearmongering.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    This looks like a well-made movie, but man, I'm tired of inspirational slave flicks. The white audiences who snap up this Oscar bait are going to be sure to say, "Look at how far we've come." I predict a cinescore of 'A' for Abolition.
    Yeah, I'm done with "inspirational" slave films.

Been done. Haven't watched one in like a decade. Doesn't nothing for me at all .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Been done. Haven't watched one in like a decade. Doesn't nothing for me at all .
    All they do is inspire me to be glad I wasn't born a few generations earlier.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Add stuff like Selma and When they see Us.

Along with movies where black folks have to tame the evil Nazis & racists.

Detroit still IRKS me. And I am getting tired of the cop kills black males narrative films.

It gets to the point of what else can you offer? I mean we got how many books that don't do that who could be made into films?

If you're as serious about the racism that you are speaking about in the very post that you have presented on this forum, then I imagine, and get more would-be black leads their jobs, then I imagine you'd be ready to support in hunting down the racists so as to get them all judged and be put in jail.
    No need to do that.

You confront those who gate keep and start asking WHY.

Why is there a double standard.

Why is it okay for a white film to flop and cost the studio tons of money-Disney's Tomorrowland (example). Where a white girl is the lead. That doesn't stop Disney or others from making more big budget white girl lead films Like Mortal Engines.

Wrinkle in Time flops-it's a battle to get another big budget lead film with a black girl as the lead.
    Lets not forget the legion of box office bombs where the lead POC got turned WHITE. Yet they still kept getting made.

UA:LA Part 2 -- My Hero Academia (Live Action Fight)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That's an overactive imagination then -- criticizing racism isn't remotely the same thing as advocating that people be "jailed" for their racial biases.

Lol he just sent me an Instant message talking about how I'm amplifying the amount of racism within the industry, seeing as those from 1600s or 1700s no longer exist and now have black athletes, actors, etc......Yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Trailer for the new Harriet Tubman biopic
    I predict a cinescore of 'A' for Abolition.
    ^Perfect.

This looks... really well made first of all, not feeling the title but other than that. There is also something really dope seeing this sista cock an old ass Colt .45 and realize that's part of the story too. It wasn't completely about wading through chest deep swamp in the middle of the night like we are guided to believe in school.

I totally rock with, as Bomani Jones calls it 'not into recreational sadness' when it comes to black movies and TV. I think there are levels to it though. I don't feel these are the types of fare I ever want to see at a Cineplex... (unless Django counts, and full disclosure I still watch the Nero Django movies fwiw), but I'll watch them at home.

There is a lot to this subject, this thread and otherwise but short and sweet, Harriet Tubman is Michael Jordan AND LeBron together. The woman died in 1913, and was an American Hero and I assume this is her first movie and they've been making movies A LONG time. Damn near had her face on American currency, there are a couple of evil muthafuckas whose face adorn our currency as is. She didn't create her surroundings, I've personally sat through many hours of less worthwhile entertainment that what this proposes to be so I'm with it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    ^Perfect.

This looks... really well made first of all, not feeling the title but other than that. There is also something really dope seeing this sista cock an old ass Colt .45 and realize that's part of the story too. It wasn't completely about wading through chest deep swamp in the middle of the night like we are guided to believe in school.

I totally rock with, as Bomani Jones calls it 'not into recreational sadness' when it comes to black movies and TV. I think there are levels to it though. I don't feel these are the types of fare I ever want to see at a Cineplex... (unless Django counts, and full disclosure I still watch the Nero Django movies fwiw), but I'll watch them at home.

There is a lot to this subject, this thread and otherwise but short and sweet, Harriet Tubman is Michael Jordan AND LeBron together. The woman died in 1913, and was an American Hero and I assume this is her first movie and they've been making movies A LONG time. Damn near had her face on American currency, there are a couple of evil muthafuckas whose face adorn our currency as is. She didn't create her surroundings, I've personally sat through many hours of less worthwhile entertainment that what this proposes to be so I'm with it.
    I also think that this going to be a lot different then those other movies for two reasons; the director/screen writer is Kasi Lemmons (Eve's Bayou, Talk to Me, Caveman's Valentine) and that they are going to depict the Combahee River Raid. A Civil War raid that she planned and helped led.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    I also think that this going to be a lot different then those other movies for two reasons; the director/screen writer is Kasi Lemmons (Eve's Bayou, Talk to Me, Caveman's Valentine) and that they are going to depict the Combahee River Raid. A Civil War raid that she planned and helped led.
    Plus Tubman was known for fighting back and taking no nonsense -- the biggest issue I have with a lot of slave movie narratives is the submissive tone most take throughout the entire movie.

Not saying every movie has to have (abolitionist) Catcher Freeman in the lead, but I likewise can't say I wouldn't pay to see him featured in a film.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Uncle Ruckus ruined that whole episode for me for me.

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Uncle Ruckus ruined that whole episode for me for me.
    It's coming back -- MacGruder even has some new(er) comic strips out.

https://www.cbr.com/boondocks-returns-trump-r-kelly/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-25-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No need to do that.

You confront those who gate keep and start asking WHY.

Why is there a double standard.

Why is it okay for a white film to flop and cost the studio tons of money-Disney's Tomorrowland (example). Where a white girl is the lead. That doesn't stop Disney or others from making more big budget white girl lead films Like Mortal Engines.

Wrinkle in Time flops-it's a battle to get another big budget lead film with a black girl as the lead.
    Lets not forget the legion of box office bombs where the lead POC got turned WHITE. Yet they still kept getting made.
    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Shouldn't be a surprise considering the hectic world we live in, and the seriousness certain topics should be approached with.

Ah well, moving on then.

I'm gonna be staying in here and on Marvel's side of the forum for a while. LoS art was shown on Seth Meyers tonight and Lightning Lad may now be black or a brown person ...if that was Lightning Lad

The Bendis slander will be annoying to deal with but damn if Lighning Lad really is black that black heroes with lightning powers really is a trope.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 07-25-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Or maybe it's because the majority of people in America are white, obsolete practices notwithstanding, or maybe it's because not all of the racist lunatics have been put in jail at this point. If you're as serious about the racism that you are speaking about in the very post that you have presented on this forum, then I imagine, and get more would-be black leads their jobs, then I imagine you'd be ready to support in hunting down the racists so as to get them all judged and be put in jail.

In any case, I suppose I can only say I hope you fare well in your progress beyond talking about the bad people on the internet all day and hope for the best. Good luck.
    Other people have already replied so..i'm deleting my original point.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-26-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I'm gonna be staying in here and on Marvel's side of the forum for a while. LoS art was shown on Seth Meyers tonight and Lightning Lad may now be black or a brown person ...if that was Lightning Lad

The Bendis slander will be annoying to deal with but damn if Lighning Lad really is black that black heroes with lightning powers really is a trope.
    It’s been pretty positive so far. I think it’s due to the fact that the legion had been due for a major visual update for a while now. The vision of the future that the classic Legion represents is kind of dated concept in a lot of ways. They can also stand to be a lot more alien in look.