Page 81 of 824 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 12354
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Completely agree on this. It ties with the lack of value that people have for black people. It's to the point now to where if one of us dies, it's just another day of the week. I was just thinking about the marches that happened during the obama era is all but gone now. It's sad really.
    I think Obama's Presidency inadvertently created a massive problem. It created the impression that America is some "post-racial utopia" where everyone was welcome and we were all singing along together. Worse still, some black folks bought into this..lololol.

Racism is alive and well; in the eyes of many white people, black people are just...nothing. As in, literally, nothing. Seeing black people get killed on tv (no matter how young) is met with "why didn't they comply with instructions?"..no matter how moronic the situation is. That's why the phrase "black lives matter" drives a lot of these guys into a tizzy, they just can't accept that black people deserve anything.

That's why I'm ultimately lukewarm on #Metoo or Timesup. The Metoo and Timesup movements were spear headed by black women too but it's been hijacked by white women that range from the genuinely sexually assaulted by pigs like Weinstein to the failing actress that can't get roles anymore that's angry at their ex-boyfriend. There's been a METRIC TON of black women that have screamed assault by some actors or rapper or sports women but we don't hear **** from MeToo or Timesup. I'm not against these movements just that it appears that white women are somehow perceived as more innocent than black women.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

He's been doing this as far back as the 1970's. Folks knew...it just was not important.

All the women trapped in Kelly's closet are black. The Media don't really trip on the plight of black women despite their high rates of abuse. He is smart enough to stay in his lane.
    The victims are all black and his biggest defenders were black women. What's the media/general population going to do when our community itself is like, "Eh, those girls were some fast ass hood rats."

Ultimate Member

Cosby from the late 1960's through the 1970's had power levels far below the Cosby from the 1980's until recent times. Like Goku, Cosby worked over the decades to increase his power. He did not start out as all-powerful.

If the mass media was able to destroy Michael Jackson's image (despite never being legally convicted of anything), they could have done the same to Cosby (who left a much messier trail) during that same time period. OJ and Mike Tyson crashed & burned during that era.
    During that same era Dr Dre threw a woman down a flight of stairs. Snoop beat gun charges. A lot of this about what folks react to and becomes a big story.

Ultimate Member

This is all conjecture on my part.....

Now we scratching the surface. Cosby got way too big for his britches. He ventured way too far out his lane, and forgot himself. He pissed off a power base that exceeded his own (one with control over the media), and decided it was time he went down. Just think of that time when Doctor Doom stole the Silver Surfer's power...and pissed off Galactus.

Hannibal and #MeToo were just pouches on the utility belt to use since the shark repellent was not feasible.
    I dunno...he was spending a lot of time criticizing black folks rather than the corporate establishment

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Completely agree on this. It ties with the lack of value that people have for black people. It's to the point now to where if one of us dies, it's just another day of the week. I was just thinking about the marches that happened during the obama era is all but gone now. It's sad really.
    I don't think it's gone. BLM is still a thing...

While we're on the subject of #MeToo

#MeToo-Themed College Comedy Series From Whitney Cummings & Lee Daniels In Works At Amazon

https://deadline.com/2018/10/metoo-t...on-1202474209/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think it's gone. BLM is still a thing...
    It is but a LOT of folks are tuning them out.

Because as some will tell you-they see a movement more concerned with red carpets, speaking engagements, movie deals, yelling and all that jazz than trying to fix things.
    The one who can get me a movie or book deal or documentary gets the crowd. Everyone who doesn't gets ignored. Trayvon Martin the exception.

It's hard to have a moment that screams BLM yet CHERRY PICKS.

Michael B Jordan is trying to get POC JOBS with his company yet he is still a COON to certain blacks over who he dates.
    Starbury got called all sorts of crap for clowned Lebron about working for Nike instead of owning his own stuff. Now Lebron has his own stuff look at who is getting praised.
    Too many black folks have fought for black folks and rights but get ignored because of WHO they are.
    Colorism is also an issue. Black creators get hate for it but white ones don't.

At some point, #metoo will need to acknowledge this.

If putting down predatory black men who target white women are the only clear victories, then let's be open about it.
    If predatory white men, and black men who prey solely on black women are Teflon, then let's be open about it.

We all adults up in here....let's keep it real.
    #metoo will not acknowledge this.

One gets you book and Lifetime Movie deals-the other does not because they are EXPECTED to act like sexual predators. Because they get stereotyped as one. How many shows including cartoons have shown the black guy as a womanizer? Especially one who beds WHITE WOMEN (looking at YOU Netflix's Dear White People).

Extraordinary Member

This movement looks like a way to target black men in the name of social & judiciary justice, without being called racist.
    Hmmmmm...Yup seems like a lot that going around these days.

This movement looks like a way to target black men in the name of social & judiciary justice, without being called racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Hmmmmm...Yup seems like a lot that going around these days.

Yeah but that's not what #MeToo is primarily about. Most of the people it has exposed are white men. As leo said, that Cosby is the only one in prison now is more a failure of the justice system than the movement itself. It's unfortunate but it isn't the movement's fault.

Hell, even having overwhelming evidence against these guys doesn't do any good. Just as Dr Christine Blasey Ford.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-19-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Please forgive this rant.....
    Nothing to forgive...some of the younger people in this thread probably learned something new. I was collecting both GL and IM during that "black guy replacement" period in the 80s, heh. But again I'm only talking similarity in power sets. Iron Man ≠ Green Lantern.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Okay so Netflix cancelled Luke Cage. My first reaction is what the hell and my second is is this because of that streaming service Disney is trying to do?
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Okay so Netflix cancelled Luke Cage. My first reaction is what the hell and my second is is this because of that streaming service Disney is trying to do?
    Same here.

I'm starting to wonder if with shows like the "Umbrella Academy" show in the works, Netflix didn't take a look at that they would be making Marvel money without access to their films and said "What have you done for me lately?"

Ultimate Member

https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-ca...er-1202486487/

Seems unrelated to ratings because season 2 was awesome.

The way things are going, I won’t be surprised if Marvel pulls all its shows from Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-ca...er-1202486487/

Seems unrelated to ratings because season 2 was awesome.

The way things are going, I won’t be surprised if Marvel pulls all its shows from Netflix.
    I doubt it could pull the shows off. They will always be there. Cancellation is likely know. We will know for sure if DD get cancelled.

JJS3 and Punisher S2 is already filming or filmed. They won't be cancelled.

Now that DD is done... if we here rumblings in the next month or so, its all over.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'll be infinitely curious if Disney decides to say the Netflix universe is non-canon at some point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html