Page 560 of 824 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 12354
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That seems to be covering... a lot lol.

Snake Eyes is the mute one right?
    Yeah.

This is the first version of Snake Eyes' backstory (that I've seen anyway) that ever explained how he came to be in a Ninja clan in the first place. Prior versions start with him just being there, lol.

So the dude that Snake helps out in the trailer and invites him to Ninja-hood should end up becoming Storm Shadow if I remember correctly.

Also looks like Scarlett and The Baroness is going be in this as well.

Apparently, this Snake Eyes movie is going to be the start of hasbro's cinematic universe in addition to rebooting G.I. Joe. I hope this works out better than the Dark Universe that Universal tried a few years ago.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Apparently, this Snake Eyes movie is going to be the start of hasbro's cinematic universe in addition to rebooting G.I. Joe. I hope this works out better than the Dark Universe that Universal tried a few years ago.
    Man, the Dark Universe was an embarrassing failure.

Imagine preparing a logo and doing promo pics for a universe that hadn't even been plotted out yet. Even the Star Wars sequels weren't planned out (J.J Abrams has confirmed this) which is completely mind numbing. I cant wrap my mind around devoting millions of dollars to a project and not have a concrete plan, even in the work place projects aren't handled like that.

As much as people give Marvel grief, their level of planning and attention to detail is pretty unparalleled in the industry. Marvel had an outline of the phase 1 movies all leading into the Avengers and the universe eventually culminating in the Infinity War.

At least Universal got the new Invisible Man movie right, I guess they can build from there (spoiler alert, after the last movie there's not likely going to be an Invisible Man anymore).
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-22-2021 at 06:44 AM.

Ultimate Member

You'd think one thing a cinematic universe would need is planning, right?

The Dark Universe was an embarrassment. Who was supposed to be the main hero? What was it supposed to lead up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I mean, at this point, no one has gotten the "universe" thing right other than Marvel.

At this point, you just gotta assume ol' Kevin has some sort of gift to make it work over and over and over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Imagine preparing a logo and doing promo pics for a universe that hadn't even been plotted out yet. Even the Star Wars sequels weren't planned out (J.J Abrams has confirmed this) which is completely mind numbing. I can wrap my mind around devoting millions of dollars to a project and not have a concrete plan, even in the work place projects aren't handled like that.

As much as people give Marvel grief, their level of planning and attention to detail is pretty unparalleled in the industry. Marvel had an outline of the phase 1 movies all leading into the Avengers and the universe eventually culminating in the Infinity War.

At least Universal got the new Invisible Man movie right, I guess they can build from there (spoiler alert, after the last movie there's not likely going to be an Invisible Man anymore).
    It is kinda wild how something as basic as "have a plan" went over so many heads?

The SW thing is especially wild considering IN THE SAME FREAKING COMPANY, they had the perfect example the follow. And they coudlnt' even plan a trilogy lol

It is like you get so many egos in a room, common sense goes out the door.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

With Star Wars, each director did their own thing without being coordinated or overseen. That's a recipe for inconsistency. It's great to have each director do their own thing, but some kind of plan would've been good for the trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Nah, Miller looked she was dressed up l like Baroness for Halloween. This chick is still on the small side but her vibe is way closer to the OG. If they let her act in any way maniacal she could nail it. *looks up her name, Ursula here wears a bit of Cold War era on her face, Miller always looked like she was in between Maxim shoots.

Ideally one closer to Sarah Douglas as opposed to Elizabeth Banks again imo.
    I guess I should probably look into the franchise more to see what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gotta get that franchise building going.
    The Hasbro thing? IDK, comics have decades of these world building pieces in place already. You can pull from parts and make you're own rendition. Toy IP is totally different, now you have to build the world AND the look. Even with that the appeal of the nostalgia pull is more aimed at the act and not so much the actual toys themselves. I don't even know how much more they can pull from the cartoons, not much if we're comparing anything to what we've already gotten. Two previous GI Joe movies, one being worse than the other and the damned Bayformers, doesn't leave much to look forward to.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

https://streamable.com/1s7w8u

So Idris is just playing Deadshot version 2 lol?

EDIT; youtube version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHAE1AZugY&t=4s

Gunn's... "dark" humor here is about as cringy as his old pedo tweets
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-22-2021 at 10:42 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    With Star Wars, each director did their own thing without being coordinated or overseen. That's a recipe for inconsistency. It's great to have each director do their own thing, but some kind of plan would've been good for the trilogy
    It didn’t help that production was so rushed neither of the last two films had time to gauge audience response before creating their new story.

There’s definitely an implication that TLJ was conceived of and scripted by Rian Johnson after LFL expressed concern about how successful the new cast would be, thus possibly explaining how such successful leads as Rey and Finn wound up being demoted and degraded for the sake of Kylo (who Rey was pimped out to try and sell as the male co-lead, and who Finn got kicked to the side for.) Or that part of TROS’s insane production schedule and BTS issues was LFL overreacting to the realizing TLJ had kind of guaranteed that Kylo had to die and be the main villain if Rey was the main character.

By the schedule, TLJ was written and in preproduction by the time TFA was released and clearly showed that Rey and Finn could work, while LFL was already pushing for Palpatine as the final bad guy Ben Solo could oppose before TLJ was released.

It’s entirely possible that the last two films of the ST were formed by LFL getting cold feet about a female main character and black male lead, and pushing to focus on the sad white boy before assessing what was actually working.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    It didn’t help that production was so rushed neither of the last two films had time to gauge audience response before creating their new story.

There’s definitely an implication that TLJ was conceived of and scripted by Rian Johnson after LFL expressed concern about how successful the new cast would be, thus possibly explaining how such successful leads as Rey and Finn wound up being demoted and degraded for the sake of Kylo (who Rey was pimped out to try and sell as the male co-lead, and who Finn got kicked to the side for.) Or that part of TROS’s insane production schedule and BTS issues was LFL overreacting to the realizing TLJ had kind of guaranteed that Kylo had to die and be the main villain if Rey was the main character.

By the schedule, TLJ was written and in preproduction by the time TFA was released and clearly showed that Rey and Finn could work, while LFL was already pushing for Palpatine as the final bad guy Ben Solo could oppose before TLJ was released.

It’s entirely possible that the last two films of the ST were formed by LFL getting cold feet about a female main character and black male lead, and pushing to focus on the sad white boy before assessing what was actually working.
    Which is equally as silly.

Star Wars universe is huge. They could have easily fit in different types of movies in between to let the main trilogy breath.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, they should've kept the every 3 years schedule for the entries into the sequal trilogy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Imagine preparing a logo and doing promo pics for a universe that hadn't even been plotted out yet. Even the Star Wars sequels weren't planned out (J.J Abrams has confirmed this) which is completely mind numbing. I cant wrap my mind around devoting millions of dollars to a project and not have a concrete plan, even in the work place projects aren't handled like that.

Back in the old Universal days they just made Dracula and Frankenstein, The Wolf Man and so on. When those movies hit they made sequels-more than one. When the sequels got tired they made the vs movies: Frankenstein v. Dracula or something.

These guys couldn't even get the "make sure your characters are popular enough to warrant sequels in the first place" part right.

They just assumed that every Monster movie they made was gonna land because why? The Mummy movies sold years ago? You don't have The Rock this time. You don't even have Brendan Fraser.

It's like all the other Studios who saw what Marvel did didn't understand how they did it at all but just assumed they could replicate it because they were industry vets and there was no way those clowns at Marvel Studios know anything they didn't.

And that includes Lucas films hilariously enough...

Ultimate Member

Even the old monster crossover movies weren't great. Thr only one which worked was Godzilla, to vary degrees of success. The Universal ones weren't too good because the actual crossover barely was anything

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Back in the old Universal days they just made Dracula and Frankenstein, The Wolf Man and so on. When those movies hit they made sequels-more than one. When the sequels got tired they made the vs movies: Frankenstein v. Dracula or something.

These guys couldn't even get the "make sure your characters are popular enough to warrant sequels in the first place" part right.

They just assumed that every Monster movie they made was gonna land because why? The Mummy movies sold years ago? You don't have The Rock this time. You don't even have Brendan Fraser.

It's like all the other Studios who saw what Marvel did didn't understand how they did it at all but just assumed they could replicate it because they were industry vets and there was no way those clowns at Marvel Studios know anything they didn't.

And that includes Lucas films hilariously enough...
    It's almost as if these people think they don't have to make a plan, they just throw out whatever IPs work and then see what sticks.