Page 825 of 828 FirstFirst ... 325725775815821822823824825826827828 LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/md-b...-dies-aged-68/

Comic book creator Mark D Bright , also known as MD Bright, died last week, peacefully, on the 27th of March at the age of 68.
    One of the few black artist who were the main artist on a book versus a fill in. He did it for about 5 books.

Excluding Milestone-how often does that happen now? Aside from Jamal Campbell and now Sanford Greene.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Used to be a magazine called Comics Scene and back they would have this huge list of supposed cape projects in various stages of production. Man they had you believing that some of these things were 6 months away from a trailer rather than what was actually 16 years away. I mean Cameron was attached to an early Spider-Man before or after the Canon plan to produce but this magazine had nerve have some casting 'news' ended up being mostly glorified pitches from the editorial staff in the end. Batman '89 did open the gates. Seem like that's where the Grace Jones as Storm came from. Few and far between didn't come close to describing the meager pickens we had as far as a name to talent ratio for working Black actresses back in the late 80's.

Arsenio as Sinestro is funny cause again back to Keaton, comedic actors weren't really looked at for a great deal of drama back then. He wasn't even the first but that was the impetus of the first comic dork movie gripe, pre-internet. Mfks wrote nasty letters on paper and used a stamp lol. I guess Arsenio was an antagonist in Harlem Nights, a terrible one but still.
    I remember Comics Scene! It wasn't just them, but yeah... seemed like if anything was optioned or in development, especially from Marvel, some folks thought that it was a done deal. And if it was that easy, we would have gotten Spidey and X-Men movies back in '84...

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

One of the few black artist who were the main artist on a book versus a fill in. He did it for about 5 books.

Excluding Milestone-how often does that happen now? Aside from Jamal Campbell and now Sanford Greene.
    First book I remember reading with him as artist was Iron Man way back when. R.I.P.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Excluding Milestone-how often does that happen now? Aside from Jamal Campbell and now Sanforid Greene.
    Ah, damn. Wow, Iron Man #222 was my first issue of IM and made me a fan from that point. He and Layton were really solid. Big 80's, the first run I ever latched onto. Got to meet Layton years back but never got to see Bright at any of the cons here. RIP.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Any black person that plans to vote Trump needs to get their brains thoroughly examined.

I have no problem with PoC holding Biden accountable but to vote for Trump who is surrounded by and is from what we know a racist is insane.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Any black person that plans to vote Trump needs to get their brains thoroughly examined.

I have no problem with PoC holding Biden accountable but to vote for Trump who is surrounded by and is from what we know a racist is insane.
    That’s why we can’t let Trump win, Because if he does win again, it’s game over for all of us.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I avoided the Mean Girls Musical movie like the plague and checked out of disney way before the Zombies movies coming out but the casting rumors Milo Manheim/Avantika are interesting. A lot of historians have talked about how German fairytales/Brother's Grimms stories often had either explicit or subtextual antisemetic and antiromani tropes. Especially with the villains, some people even called out Tangled for continuing this trope. So it's interesting to see jewish and romani tiktokers talk about how this casting might be positive.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...eritage-month/

Actor Alexander Siddig talked about his role as Dr.Bashir on Deep Space Nine and how to tackle representation for April's Arab American heritage month.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-09-2024 at 04:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/a...152554639.html

But amid all the backlash, one small detail makes the whole situation even more troubling: Avantika hasn’t actually been cast as Rapunzel. In fact, a live-action adaptation of Tangled isn’t even thought to be in production at the moment.
    These racist dorks need to calm it down.

They don't have to spend all their time getting outraged. It's actually quite boring at this point.

Imagine being so pressed that you get outraged about something that doesn't even exist.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-09-2024 at 04:37 PM.

So, Ashley Allison is getting ripped apart for calling O.J. Simpson a hero.

Except that's not what she said.

Allison — a former Obama administration official who also worked on Joe Biden’s presidential campaign as well as his transition team — was weighing in on the racial tensions that pervaded the country during the Simpson trial and its aftermath.

“He wasn’t a social justice leader, but he represented something for the black community in that moment, in that trial, particularly because there were two white people who had been killed,” Allison said.

“And the history around how black people have been persecuted during slavery.”
    Allison is merely summarizing how race played a major factor in how this trial was perceived by the black community because of the LAPD's history of racism. She is not condoning the murders, let alone calling Simpson a hero to the media or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/a...152554639.html

These racist dorks need to calm it down.

They don't have to spend all their time getting outraged. It's actually quite boring at this point.

Imagine being so pressed that you get outraged about something that doesn't even exist.
    If they couldn't manufacture outrage, how would they ever feel victimized?

Ultimate Member

What exactly is going on between J.Cole, Drake, Rick Ross and Kendrick Lamar?

The beef seems to have come out of nowhere because these guys have worked together before.

I love the games, so I'm enjoying the Fallout tv show, though I have to say the Maximus character unfortunately has some serious Finn vibes going on. All the characters are flawed, but did he need to be just consistently inept at everything?

Eh, maybe he'll get some big redeeming turn, somewhere towards the end. I mean, probably. He still didn't have to be bumbling through most of the series. Wasted protagonist character.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine