Page 199 of 827 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299699 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Well yeah I guess some ppl here said WW had Fan servicy elements so it's anyone's opinion what tasteful is. Point is playing down looks and sexuality definitely doesn't attract more women to a female char.
    I mean, there was also a naked Chris Pine scene in the movie, so ...

Invincible Member

Well yeah I guess some ppl here said WW had Fan servicy elements so it's anyone's opinion what tasteful is. Point is playing down looks and sexuality definitely doesn't attract more women to a female char.
    Well, it depends on what we're talking about. A popcorn movie where the whole point is fantasy, ok. But it's quite common for actresses to play certain serious roles without make up, gain weight, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damn fan service non Bechdel passin...
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-20-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, it depends on what we're talking about. A popcorn movie where the whole point is fantasy, ok. But it's quite common for actresses to play certain serious roles without make up, gain weight, etc.
    Uhhhh yeah I guess...but are those the movies women go to droves in? not sure.

Invincible Member

Uhhhh yeah I guess...but are those the movies women go to droves in? not sure.
    Are they billion dollar franchises? No. But are they successful? Yeah, definitely enough that Hollywood keeps making them. It's cliche at this point that when attractive actresses ( and male actors) want to be suddenly taken seriously, they'll play a character that's physically unattractive or disabled or morally reprehensible.

My point before was that these things aren't absolutes. It's not as simple women won't watch a movie that doesn't have sexy woman in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Bah.

Those same nerds were drooling over her when she played Envy Addams in Scott Pilgrim a sexy character presented sexily.

Captain Marvel denied that crowd the basic level of fan service that the Wonder Woman film gave out by using the classic costume and they are feeling some type of way about it.
    WW didn't use the classic costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The female fan service in these movies is 10000x more frequent, which is wild considering the core demographic of the actual comic books.

Of all the chicks who joined comic book franchises, I think Jessica Biel may be the one that reached the perfect blend muscle and leaness without looking masculine in Blade III. And I am pretty sure she stated she had a hard time finding roles after she put on muscle.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    WW didn't use the classic costume.
    Shoulderless bustier (pronounced boost-e-yay) top, knee high boots, thighs for days. Close enough for me, man!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Are they billion dollar franchises? No. But are they successful? Yeah, definitely enough that Hollywood keeps making them. It's cliche at this point that when attractive actresses ( and male actors) want to be suddenly taken seriously, they'll play a character that's physically unattractive or disabled or morally reprehensible.

My point before was that these things aren't absolutes. It's not as simple women won't watch a movie that doesn't have sexy woman in it.
    Eh I never claimed absolutes. But I think when a movie like WW pulls in more female viewers than CM which I guess was trying to be taken more seriously-by playing down certain things. There's a lesson to be learned there. Hope Marvel is taking notes.

Wait how was Captain Marvel supposed to be more serious? Ben Mendleson was standing around spitting cockney while drinking a Milkshake. Captain Marvel was a super goofy ass movie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Fan made Fresh Prince "remake"

Interesting trailer. Would have moved some stuff around for editing and storytelling structure but a good fan made trailer

Invincible Member

Eh I never claimed absolutes. But I think when a movie like WW pulls in more female viewers than CM which I guess was trying to be taken more seriously-by playing down certain things. There's a lesson to be learned there. Hope Marvel is taking notes.
    I don't think that there's that simple of a correlation. Especially considering that WW has been a female role model for literally decades. A decent WW movie was probably going to get higher female percentage anyway. Having said that, the Danvers movie has come close to making what WW did and it's only it's in it's 2nd week. Why would Marvel need to take notes?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Wait how was Captain Marvel supposed to be more serious? Ben Mendleson was standing around spitting cockney while drinking a Milkshake. Captain Marvel was a super goofy ass movie.
    I didn't mean that CM was a serious movie. I was thinking of stuff like say when Charlize Theron played Aileen Wuornos in "Monster." She gained weight and wore prosthetics to make herself look unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Plus all the typical Marvel jokey-jokes when Brie wasn't showing the emotional range of a brick wall, though I don't blame her, I blame the writing, I learned my lesson from the Prequels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ^^^^^^ yup lol

I don't know how'd that work considering Carol is basically a space cop type now.

I mean... you eventually have to show her keeping her promise to go after the Kree right?
    Mystique did infiltrate SHIELD in her first appearance in Carol's solo book. She even impersonated Nick Fury in one scene. Destiny can warn Mystique that Carol is a danger to Rogue. Mystique goes a bit bonkers, and schemes to get Carol back on Earth. Since we know SHIELD was compromised decades ago, Mystique could easily have been a member of SHIELD & HYDRA without Fury knowing. She is resourceful enough to get Nick's pager, take his appearance, and led Carol into a trap. Mystique could even take the appearance of Maria, or Monica to lure Carol back.