Page 321 of 827 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Honestly, I think RoS should have been 2 movies instead of 1. There was simply not enough time and space for all the ideas they had planned
    After seeing TROS, I think it should have been Episode 8 instead of 9. Maybe calling it a "fix-it fic" is inaccurate, but it did seem to undo some stuff from TLJ. This whole trilogy had good ideas but it was hindered by a lack of direction and bad writing. I don't think they had a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    After seeing TROS, I think it should have been Episode 8 instead of 9. Maybe calling it a "fix-it fic" is inaccurate, but it did seem to undo some stuff from TLJ. This whole trilogy had good ideas but it was hindered by a lack of direction and bad writing. I don't think they had a plan.
    The plan was start making our investment back immediately. I'm betting there was probably something in the contract that necessitated that, but they really should have sat on the property for a few years, made a coherent plan, and then executed. After they wrapped up the Skywalker storyline they could have done a few standalone (focused on people like Lando, Black Squadron, Rogue One) before launching an entirely new storyline divorced from the Republic and Empire. I really, really want to see a storyline set beyond the outer rim.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Happy New Year, everyone! And some interesting news for those interested.

It appears the season 8 premiere of Death Battle will be between spoilers:
    Virgil Hawkins and Miles Morales
    end of spoilers

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the...estone.162270/

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    The plan was start making our investment back immediately. I'm betting there was probably something in the contract that necessitated that, but they really should have sat on the property for a few years, made a coherent plan, and then executed.
    First part is very obvious. They wanted the movie out to get the SW hype back so they could get their Themepark additions going immediately with buzz. Plus Merch sales.

Plus I imagine they wanted to get going before the actors for Hans/Luke/Leia got even older.

You would still think they would at least map out the main points over three movies. It really felt like they just flew by the seat of their pants through the whole thing. They couldn't decide on a villain, couldn't decide on what Rey was, coudln't decide on what Finn was, coudlnt' decide how evil/nice Ben was, coudln't pick a romance, ect.

But yeah, I do wonder about the contract and what it stated they were allowed to do with the old guard.

In hindsight, they definitely should have moved on from the old guard immediately and time jumped to a point far enough that they were all dead. And then use that "blank space" to tell prequels using younger actors as they saw fit.

Anyway, clone wars cartoon >>> all so f it lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

LOL shots fired from Boyega though. yeeesh (SW spoilers btw)

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/statu...90062147637251

I see no lies there.

Someone get this dude in an actual good movie that uses his talents please. Get him in BP2!
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-01-2020 at 06:51 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I see no lies there.

Someone get this dude in an actual good movie that uses his talents please. Get him in BP2!

I'd say that Abrams may admit later he wanted to create a love type triangle/square with Finn/Poe/Ren involved. But the fact was he didn't get a 2nd film to do this . We saw spots in this film that really made you do a WTF on things not being sold fully.

- To give us an old Star Wars vibe we see Rey comically get angry with Poe , "Your such a difficult man..." ala how Leia and Han would argue and have that spark. Then things go nowhere with that. Poe its hinted even had his background expanded.

- Finn claims he has something to tell Rey after last film where he spent more time with Rose. Possibly setting things up there. Yet we get nothing plot wise. The very plot that kept coming back we never get anything with it at the end.

- Ren was this supposed "dark sith romance" plot that took over the film more than anything.

But its like Abrams likely had plans with Poe and Finn to be more involved with Rey and instead he never got to fully do them due to not having the 2nd film to do it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say that Abrams may admit later he wanted to create a love type triangle/square with Finn/Poe/Ren involved. But the fact was he didn't get a 2nd film to do this . We saw spots in this film that really made you do a WTF on things not being sold fully.

- To give us an old Star Wars vibe we see Rey comically get angry with Poe , "Your such a difficult man..." ala how Leia and Han would argue and have that spark. Then things go nowhere with that. Poe its hinted even had his background expanded.

- Finn claims he has something to tell Rey after last film where he spent more time with Rose. Possibly setting things up there. Yet we get nothing plot wise. The very plot that kept coming back we never get anything with it at the end.

- Ren was this supposed "dark sith romance" plot that took over the film more than anything.

But its like Abrams likely had plans with Poe and Finn to be more involved with Rey and instead he never got to fully do them due to not having the 2nd film to do it.
    Abrams was never supposed to come back though. That Colin dude was supposed to do the third film.

Which makes all his mystery boxes with no plans at the top even more messed up.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I see no lies there.

Wish he'd spoken up before but maybe he wasn't able to due to his contract.

Saw Rise of Skywalker last night and it may be the worst Star Wars film since Attack of the Clones. I didn't bother with The Last Jedi after what I'd heard about it from relatives but this movie just felt like **** just happened with no build up or transition to make it meaningful. Also please quit having Finn scream "REEEYYYYYY" and "POOOEEEEE" the whole damn film. What a waste of Boyega. They introduce a Black woman who apparently was a rebel from the First Order (so where were these guys in the earlier films) and I don't even remember her name. Wasted opportunity right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post

Saw Rise of Skywalker last night and it may be the worst Star Wars film since Attack of the Clones. I didn't bother with The Last Jedi after what I'd heard about it from relatives but this movie just felt like **** just happened with no build up or transition to make it meaningful. Also please quit having Finn scream "REEEYYYYYY" and "POOOEEEEE" the whole damn film. What a waste of Boyega. They introduce a Black woman who apparently was a rebel from the First Order (so where were these guys in the earlier films) and I don't even remember her name. Wasted opportunity right there.
    If it means anything TLJ is a hell of a lot better than Rise of Skywalker and better use of Finn.

They introduce a Black woman who apparently was a rebel from the First Order (so where were these guys in the earlier films)
    Eh, the film is a mess in general, but I think that's kind of nitpicky. It's not like we're seeing the entire galaxy at once in these movies. I saw someone else complaining that we'd never seen General Pryde before and I was like come on... you think we should somehow know EVERY imperial officer out there? lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If it means anything TLJ is a hell of a lot better than Rise of Skywalker and better use of Finn.
    See, I don't agree with either sentiment but it is like arguing if horse **** or dog **** smells better so who cares really lol

Ultimate Member

What could they have done to him? Of the three-he has had the LEAST amount of roles since TFA. Daisy & Issac have been in movies with some winning Oscars.

He had seen Finn get sidelined in EVERYTHING while the others even Rose, Plasma and DJ get stories about them. Heck even the black woman "Vixen from Legends of Tomorrow"-who had her footage cut in TFA had a book about her.

What can Disney do to a guy who is NOT American? He can go back to England and still have a career. Disney can't prevent CBS or whoever from hiring him.

They know they WASTED him in this. Everybody sees it.

Don't think Ryan or somebody is NOT trying to do that. Make sure they get Ray Fisher & RJ Cyler too-both deserved better than what they got. Especially Ray. That "Snyder Cut" stuff is making a LOT of folks look bad.

It appears the season 8 premiere of Death Battle will be between
    As the moderator point out in that thread- homeboy would wipe the floor with Billie's big brother. If you take into consideration of all that person's powers.

Sad thing is as one person pointed out-there is very little out there beyond that cartoon show as a LOT of his stuff is not in trade and the stuff that is costs too much to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    As the moderator point out in that thread- homeboy would wipe the floor with Billie's big brother. If you take into consideration of all that person's powers.

Sad thing is as one person pointed out-there is very little out there beyond that cartoon show as a LOT of his stuff is not in trade and the stuff that is costs too much to buy.
    One of the researchers already made a profile for Static that includes all the stuff here this really is an uneven fight and isn't even all that great thematically a better fight would have been Miles vs Deku.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    One of the researchers already made a profile for Static that includes all the stuff here this really is an uneven fight and isn't even all that great thematically a better fight would have been Miles vs Deku.
    Deku would wreck miles sadly

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Deku would wreck miles sadly
    Miles is a sneak fighter. Typical assassin build. If he can't get past your guard and give you his electric sting, he is going to get washed. In a straight fight, he is dead without team support. Meanwhile, Virgil can just float up and be like "the hero is overpowered but overly cautious" with that lightning bolt genocide.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."