Page 366 of 827 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 12391
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Season one was a well-oiled machine. Perfect in pretty much every way.

The second season is probably when they started to listen to "fandom". But the part when Henry was revealed to be Icabod's evil son is when the show went off the rails, and then went completely off the tracks into a ditch with the season 3 finale.
    Wow... I didn't even get that far. What the hell?

For anyone who's into pro wrestling, how do you feel about Booker T's comments on Naomi and the #NaomiDeservesBetter supporters?

Beyond Good & Evil Is Being Made Into A Netflix Movie

https://kotaku.com/beyond-good-evil-...vie-1844577200

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    For anyone interested in fighting games the new Guilty Gear game just released a trailer for a new character named Nagoriyuki. A black, cybernetic, samurai, and if some of the translations are accurate he's also a vampire.
    He looks pretty awesome!!
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

George Floyd's Death And Years Of Dialogue Are Helping The Dutch Disown Black Pete

The Dutch Sinterklaas differs from Santa Claus in a few key respects. His physique is slimmer (less paunch under the white beard), he resides not in the North Pole but in Madrid - and instead of driving a reindeer-powered sled, he travels by boat to Dutch shores to deliver presents.
    And instead of relying on helper elves, Sinterklaas is assisted by a character known as Zwarte Piet or Black Pete - traditionally depicted by white people wearing blackface, Afro wigs and red lipstick.

After long defending the character and even admitting to painting his own face black in the past, Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced in June that his views on Black Pete had changed. Though he stopped short of calling for a ban, he said that societal pressure would soon force the character to retire. He also admitted that there are "systemic problems" with racism in the Netherlands.

Rutte's announcement came in the wake of George Floyd's killing by Minnesota police, as large crowds of protesters took to the streets of Amsterdam and other Dutch cities to demonstrate against racial injustice.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/88565...sown-black-pet

Yea I dug it more than I thought I would. Lots and lots of beautiful faces that you, at least I, don't see anywhere else. Most of the songs were good and there were a couple of bops. 2 things- I'm always interested how much Jigga gets time in the Beyonce presentation sphere- he got all of about 3 total minutes, thought it would be more, he is a father and there was a family component I thought she emphasized but that was it. Also I tend to pair these visual albums to Moonwalker on one end and that album 50 Cent made where he made a video for every song on the other... The 50 thing is just for scale, in Hip-Hop that didn't happen before that fwiw. Black is King is right up their next to the Moonwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm honestly surprised this debuted on Disney+. I guess Beyoncé didn't really have any other choice considering it's based on a Disney IP and theaters aren't a safe bet right now.
    I wondered the same thing since Homecoming was on Netflix but really that was meant to be 1 performance as a piece, I sat through upwards of 7 or 8 minutes of Black is King credits and this thing was a massive financial undertaking. Many abroad locations and visual EFX, this vision needed Disney backing. The kids have sat through 'new' Lion King, (even though they still prefer the 90s one) I haven't but she's clearly in a deal with Disney to do at least, this thing that's been done and this other thing that she wanted to do that will need some super wide distribution. That is the biggest critique I had, Jonathan Taylor Thomas's voice, which means he got a check but that's whatev, just takes you out of this thing for a bit. Good the OG Lion King voiceovers aren't constant but they didn't add anything really. Kind of kept the loose narrative and be on brand really but the Lion King as a production is so widely known it did feel shoehorned in but again it's sporadic at best.

But I really enjoyed it though. It doesn't have a strong narrative like Lemonade did but it tops that visually. I always thought the music of The Gift was underrated, but not surprising since it's mostly Afrobeat. Black is King takes the bare story of The Lion King and applies it to the story of Black people and Blackness in a very cool way. I think Beyoncé herself is supposed to be a Rafiki-type character in it.
    Huh, OK, right on. If they do put Black is King on vinyl I'm gonna grab it. Yea I only caught parts of Lemonade and that was in passing but I get it and agree, this was way more ambitious than that and that was the draw for me. I did catch the part with the original Hakuna Matata playing, hope that was a windfall for the family best they could after that documentary. That's the other thing about it too, there was so much great visual cues that I didn't have any context from where it was from and I wanted that. Hopefully the making of will be an addition at some point.

But as you would imagine Beyoncé does show her body quite a bit (not in a bad at all, but she does).
    Heyyyyyy lol. She knows what we like and she gave us a bit of that... Yo. And G'Damn Kelly Rowland is fine, she was always kind of cute but now, mercy.

The whole production was wholly impressive.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

An article and trailer for the South African animated series, Isaura.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-young-girl...ric-1844593647

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Season one was a well-oiled machine. Perfect in pretty much every way.

The second season is probably when they started to listen to "fandom". But the part when Henry was revealed to be Icabod's evil son is when the show went off the rails, and then went completely off the tracks into a ditch with the season 3 finale.
    I'm still salty about how that show turned out, I really loved S1.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

I don't mind being in the minority when I say that I enjoyed the first one. It was fun. Hope this one will be as well. All I really ask of it.

Ammon Bundy Comes Out in Support of BLM, Calls to Defund the Police

Ammon Bundy, an anti-government activist who lead the 41-day armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge back in 2016, expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement and for defunding the police in a recent Facebook video.

He said in the video that he had considered attending, near his home in Boise, Idaho, “a rally with the Black Lives Matter in support of defunding the police because yes the police need to be defunded.” He decided not to attend the rally, citing concerns about potential violence from fellow “Patriots” who have criticized his stance on the issue.

Anyone who doesn’t understand his support for the movement “must have a problem,” he said.

“You must have a problem in your mind if you think that somehow the Black Lives Matter is more dangerous than the police,” he said. “You must have a problem in your mind if you think that Antifa is the one going to take your freedom.”

Four years ago Bundy led a group of “Patriots” who tore down fences and bulldozed over federal land considered sacred to Native Americans, causing close to a million dollars in damage to the bird refuge property and buildings, according to the Obama administration. The occupation began as a protest of the federal government’s treatment of ranchers Steven and Dwight Hammond, but turned into a weeks-long confrontation with local and federal authorities. Bundy was later acquitted for leading the occupation.
    https://news.yahoo.com/ammon-bundy-c...135517142.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ammon Bundy Comes Out in Support of BLM, Calls to Defund the Police

https://news.yahoo.com/ammon-bundy-c...135517142.html
    These gun nut, "libertarian," anarchist (in their brains), fight the govt tyrants! types should all be supporting the defund the police stuff.

But their racism wins out instead.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    These gun nut, "libertarian," anarchist (in their brains), fight the govt tyrants! types should all be supporting the defund the police stuff.

This is kinda how I feel. The feds are literally dragging people off the streets and a lot of these libertarians are silent.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This is kinda how I feel. The feds are literally dragging people off the streets and a lot of these libertarians are silent.
    We need guns to fight govt tyranny! That is why we need the 2A!!!!!!

*federal govt drags people off streets in unmarked vans during protests*

?????
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

We need guns to fight govt tyranny! That is why we need the 2A!!!!!!

*federal govt drags people off streets in unmarked vans during protests*

?????
    Propertarians love the police and say nothing about the state's monopoly on violence. They also love to ignore 400+ years of history and instead talk about abstract stuff like freedom and liberty.

Ultimate Member

Quoted for truth.

These people cosplay as anarchists. "Masks are tyranny, the government is taking away my freedom!" When the protests started then they were saying "Follow the law, obey the government."

Rules for thee, not for me.