Page 92 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 12353
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Work is DONE. Nothing but the weekend in front of me. Pizza and coke is on the way, Dragonquest XI is in my PS4, and my phone is turned off.

#thelife
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    The more specific LGBT discrimination metaphor still seems valid.
    back in the day when people used to think you could get AIDS by being too close to a gay guy, sure.

now though? doesn't really work. Works better than POC though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

LMAO I forgot about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    LMAO I forgot about this.
    Inhumans movie would have been SICK.

BB blowing up mountains and ****.

Medusa woulda been a star.

Lockjaw would be the most beloved character fo all time.

Thanks Ike for f'ing it all up. movies, tv, and comics

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Inhumans movie would have been SICK.

BB blowing up mountains and ****.

Medusa woulda been a star.

Lockjaw would be the most beloved character fo all time.

Thanks Ike for f'ing it all up. movies, tv, and comics
    Yeah a movie about the Royal Family would have been epic. Tho it seems like Feige never had any interested in it and Perlmutter was the one driving it. He pretty much kicked it over to the TV guys as soon as he gained emancipation from Marvel Entertainment.

What do you guys think about the X-Men in the MCU? I've always agreed that the mutant metaphor doesn't really work well as a comparison to civil rights. They can be more creative with the stories since Fox heavily drove the discrimination angle. I'd prefer some good old fashion superheroing. Also hoping they use a diverse cast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah a movie about the Royal Family would have been epic. Tho it seems like Feige never had any interested in it and Perlmutter was the one driving it. He pretty much kicked it over to the TV guys as soon as he gained emancipation from Marvel Entertainment.

What do you guys think about the X-Men in the MCU? I've always agreed that the mutant metaphor doesn't really work well as a comparison to civil rights. They can be more creative with the stories since Fox heavily drove the discrimination angle. I'd prefer some good old fashion superheroing. Also hoping they use a diverse cast
    i don't mind the "hated and feared" thing to an extent, just don't compare it to real life stuff lol.

But yeah, I just prefer super hero xmen. I generally like X-force hit squads more than goody two shoe mansion stuff.

Just please retire Magneto, Mystique, and the Phoenix for a good bit please

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

i don't mind the "hated and feared" thing to an extent, just don't compare it to real life stuff lol.

But yeah, I just prefer super hero xmen. I generally like X-force hit squads more than goody two shoe mansion stuff.

Just please retire Magneto, Mystique, and the Phoenix for a good bit please
    Yeah, I'll always be a huge Magneto fan but I agree that he and Mystique and anything Phoenix related needs a break.

I can't imagine the X-Men and mutants being put into the MCU now though, it's too late for that. The X-Men will probably be in their own universe again. It won't be until the MCU is eventually rebooted that all Marvel superheroes will be in one cinematic universe and that won't be for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Personally I'm not sold on the prospect even it is inevitable at this point. This comes from me not wanting to the MCU to reboot to accommodate the the X-Men or just shoehorning them into the current continuity. Also it comes from poor integration plans I've seen from various Xfans which all translate to push the X-Men at the expense of other characters namely Black Panther, Captain Marvel, GOTG.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

I think you could easily use someone like Sinister for a movie

It allows for X gene shennanigans (he wants the genes to use for... something) while still being super heroy without any Mags, Mystique, Senator Kelly stuff Fox beat to death.

I think you could easily use someone like Sinister for a movie

It allows for X gene shennanigans (he wants the genes to use for... something) while still being super heroy without any Mags, Mystique, Senator Kelly stuff Fox beat to death.
    I could see him trying to manipulate the x-gene to make a bunch of super soldiers. Unleash them on the world the xmen stop them.

Extraordinary Member

My preference for the MCU X-films is to keep the bigotry at silver age levels, like the first two Sentinel stories. The Sentinels only appeared twice during the original run. Even then, it was less about mutants being a threat, and more about how much of a hot mess the Trask family was. Which for me is kind of the point of bigots: its not about the person being targeted doing anything wrong as much as the so-called "superior" person projecting their own baggage/demons upon a person they really don't know. The adventures should be based mostly on the Thomas/Adams, CC/Dave Cockrum & CC/ John Byrne stories. I like them best as heroes who just happen to be mutants. I think that stopped after Byrne left the series, and CC had full control until Jim Lee came aboard.

X-Men are trained before entering the field while non-mutant heroes normally engage in on-the-job-training (although Pym did train Scott Lang). That hook should be focused on more in film, especially after the Sokovia Accords.

The only overt racism themes that work for me is that you rarely see Mutants/X-Men having inter-ethnic conflict while humanity seemingly can't move away from it when no mutants are around. But the live action mutants would need to be more than the O5 & ANAD (which was still mostly white). Although CC did once write Bobby Drake as being something of a nationalist/bigot once.

Perhaps a human who wants to unite all humanity by scapegoating mutants might work, like a different take on Adrian Veidt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Personally I'm not sold on the prospect even it is inevitable at this point. This comes from me not wanting to the MCU to reboot to accommodate the the X-Men or just shoehorning them into the current continuity. Also it comes from poor integration plans I've seen from various Xfans which all translate to push the X-Men at the expense of other characters namely Black Panther, Captain Marvel, GOTG.
    That is all it comes down to. All those folks made X-Men irrelevant. Because they bought more to the table than white folks and wall paper POC.

I think there's some social context of the 80s that's kind of easy to forget, as far the "racism" against mutants, back in Claremont's old stories. "Mutants" could be feared because it had that association of "radiation", which was just part of the whole new "nuclear age" ... you know, there was the ever-present threat of actual nuclear annihilation during the Cold War, there was Chernobyl and anxiety around nuclear power plants in general, there was Hiroshima and Nagasaki being like only a generation or prior, and just all kinds of anxiety about pollution and increased radiation in the air from satellites and tv and radio waves having multiplied exponentially with modern media, and just like microwave ovens ... basically, the generalized fear that modern technology represented some kind of Frankenstein's monster for the human race, so the idea that some close-minded, fearful, bigoted people would target "mutants" as the manifestation of all they feared ... you know, made some kind of sense.

I think modern mutant stories would need to somehow lean into modern day cultural anxieties the same way, in order to have anywhere near the same relevance or resonance they did, back in the 80s.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is all it comes down to. All those folks made X-Men irrelevant.
    Not really. They all occupy different niches. And even with the massive explosion of popularity those other franchises saw, the attempts at trying to bury the X-Men never worked out as well as Perlmutter was hoping (ask Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite how that went).

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Also it comes from poor integration plans I've seen from various Xfans which all translate to push the X-Men at the expense of other characters namely Black Panther, Captain Marvel, GOTG.
    Those people are delusional. If anyone actually thinks the Avengers are going away after A4 then I've got some snake oil to sell 'em. If there ain't a New Avengers movie announced, I'll eat my hat.

Last edited by Holt; 11-04-2018 at 01:40 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Something they really need to do, is move past this "mutants as a race" nonsense. It's obnoxious. Would white and black Afrikaans suddenly have something in common if they were both X-gene positive? I highly doubt it. I'm near-sighted. I don't think I'd want to live in a nation where the only rule for being accepted is that you have to have 20/40 vision with your glasses off. Honest to God, Marvel needs to get with the times: clunky racial anaologies had their place in the 90's. The modern X-men story would work far better if it were based in horror. Stop trying to play it like every major theme is Schindler's list, start playing it like it's 28 days later.

To the average citizen, mutants should feel like a zombie outbreak. They should feel under attack, like some horrifying epidemic is sweeping the world, turning young people into monstrous freaks. The fact that the X-gene targets the young is terrifying enough on its own: There's also the fact that most mutants DO become violent criminals. Mutant villains outnumber mutant heroes by what? 10:1? So, yeah, the majority of people infected by the X-gene DO turn into maniacs. The central conflict of the X-men shouldn't be struggling for acceptance, it should be struggling to stay moral. To stay human.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."