Page 151 of 827 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 12395
    Extraordinary Member

Funny enough, Monica Rambeau was originally supposed to look like Pam Grier. Casting a biracial, or light-skinned black actress to play Monica would make sense.

Having an African American father who was the descendant of slaves (thus having some white ancestry) could justify a lighter skinned Storm, but outside of Reginald Hudlin, no one has ever put any energy into exploring her American roots (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The X-film seem to be only able to find biracial women to be in those films. Meanwhile Walking Dead, Star Trek, Star Trek Discovery and others are not.
    Well, I mean, and I can't believe I'm shooting bail for FOX X-verse. I'll make sure to walk into some traffic later. 1- that's a short sample, we've seen damn near a dozen Marvel Mutant movies and we've still only seen a pair of actresses play Ororo. We all remember the first X-Men movie came out in 2000. Halle Berry, who I've never felt she was as fine or as talented as the large majority, was the biggest star in the film. Cape movies were still a gamble and you had to sell the damn thing to a public who I wanna say hadn't even seen the 1st Rami Spider-Man yet. Wasn't the X-Men Movie video game on the tail end of PS1? Probably PS2. The landscape was different and I've always wanted Angela Bassett as my Storm but back then even though she had quite the resume I don't think she'd had the pull of Berry at the time as a draw? Maybe not even that, because What's Love Got To Do With It came out in the 90s.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Janssen was like 35 when X-Men came ou t. What are u talking about?
    Jean Grey is canonically 25-ish or so. Janssen's hot but she was clearly no kid.

Movie Jean Grey is older than Movie Cyclops is and it's deliberate. Movie Jean is a scientist as well as the Professor's right hand person.

Age=Authority and all that.

It also makes the comics love triangle of Cyclops-Jean-Logan a LOT more credible in the films because you know movie Cyclops is out of his league (and is aware of it too-because the Fox X movies
    crap on Cyclops to an absurd degree) so movie Cyke actually being threatened by Logan works.

Extraordinary Member

If MCU folks can resist the urge to pair BP with Storm in the films, then I think it would make more sense for the X-Men (except Wolverine) & Human Torch to be in the same age range as Spider-Man and Shuri. Johnny Storm should be the same sage as Peter Parker. The X-Men should, at the most, be early college level.

These roles should be cast by fairly young thespians who can grow into the roles as Tom Holland will, imo.

I am advocating for a young Storm. Perhaps as an Easter egg, she has a past friendship with Shuri, and an unrequited crush on T'Challa.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-18-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A comic I've been enjoying recently has been Bitter Root about a black family from Harlem that fights demons during the forties

I was iffy on Prodigy written by Mark Millar about a genius MoC out to stop an interdimensional conspiracy. But it's picked up with the 2nd issue.

I'm intrigued by Livewire from Valiant about a black girl with electrical power. I'm slightly lost because I'm not familiar with the character and the first issue seems to building on some loose ends from another series?

Pearl ( an Asian american tattoo artist/hitwoman) from Bendis is not that great. It's not terrible, it's just a little boring.
    Just to clarify Livewire doesn't have electrical powers (thank goodness, heh. There are more than enough black electrical characters). She has control over machines.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If MCU folks can resist the urge to pair BP with Storm in the films, then I think it would make more sense for the X-Men (except Wolverine) & Human Torch to be in the same age range as Spider-Man and Shuri. Johnny Storm should be the same sage as Peter Parker. The X-Men should, at the most, be early college level.

These roles should be cast by fairly young thespians who can grow into the roles as Tom Holland will, imo.

I am advocating for a young Storm. Perhaps as an Easter egg, she has a past friendship with Shuri, and an unrequited crush on T'Challa.
    Idk if they should be that young. Maybe early 20s. Storm as a teenager also might be too similar to the current Fox movies

Extraordinary Member

So now they're pulling R. Kelly's music. Wonder when they're gonna pull the Weinstein movies or Woody Allen's,David Bowie,Steven Tyler,Jerry Lee Lewis? If ppl can't see how racist this stuff is by now. It's too damn late for them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So now they're pulling R. Kelly's music. Wonder when they're gonna pull the Weinstein movies or Woody Allen's,David Bowie,Steven Tyler,Jerry Lee Lewis? If ppl can't see how racist this stuff is by now. It's too damn late for them.
    John Legend is slated to give praise to Elvis.....picture that!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Idk if they should be that young. Maybe early 20s. Storm as a teenager also might be too similar to the current Fox movies
    To be honest, I totally tuned out the current Fox movies. I have no clue what age the current Storm in the Fox films is supposed to be, outside of being a young adult. Singer made both incarnations of Storm too un-compelling for me to care. I think the MCU Storm will be a more defined young woman (or at least I hope so).

Extraordinary Member

Wooooowwww! These sellouts need to start being called out.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Just to clarify Livewire doesn't have electrical powers (thank goodness, heh. There are more than enough black electrical characters). She has control over machines.
    Thanks for the clarification, I was a little confused about that. The comic has her taking over computers and sparks coming out of her eyes but didn't really explain her abilities.

Extraordinary Member

Elvis has been dead since before John Legend was born, R.Kelly might have #$%^ed a 13 year old yesterday for all we know.

Who do you think needs immediate calling out?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think all that happened was that he got dropped by his label?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Elvis has been dead since before John Legend was born, R.Kelly might have #$%^ed a 13 year old yesterday for all we know.

Who do you think needs immediate calling out?
    Elvis

R.Kelly been called out since the 90s.

#Firstthem

R. Kelly ain’t the hill to die on. It’s over. His goose is cooked.