Page 811 of 828 FirstFirst ... 311711761801807808809810811812813814815821 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    First Katt Williams now Mo'Nique, why is everyone taking shots at Kevin Hart?
    Probably because Hart keeps doing things to them?

Speaking of, I've seen some folks complaining about Shannon Sharpe having these people on his program and giving them a platform to "drag" other black people. And some of the sentiment is that they should just be short or that saying things like this only hurts the black community. What do you dol think?

Personally, I'm all for it. I don't care what race it is, wrong is wrong and should be called out. Staying quiet is how these things have continued for so long and it sounds very much like the kind of logic used to protect other predators in the black family/community. I say air it all out and name names!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    What has Hart done to Katt? Even in his overblown rant on Sharpe's podcast, Katt didn't bring up anything Hart did to him personally, he just continued taking shots at him like he has for years, like calling him an "industry plant".
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post

Speaking of, I've seen some folks complaining about Shannon Sharpe having these people on his program and giving them a platform to "drag" other black people. And some of the sentiment is that they should just be short or that saying things like this only hurts the black community. What do you dol think?

Personally, I'm all for it. I don't care what race it is, wrong is wrong and should be called out. Staying quiet is how these things have continued for so long and it sounds very much like the kind of logic used to protect other predators in the black family/community. I say air it all out and name names!
    I find a lot of it interesting, but more an Entertianment Tonight/celebrity gossip level. I don't think whether or not Steve Harvey stole jokes or Hart won't return Mo's phone calls is something that effects the black community collectively beyond us liking them as stars. And by the way, I've heard black folks in the industry claim that Mo and her husband aren't the nicest ppl behind the scenes themselves.

I mean, we should be talking about the racism and sexism in the entertainment industry, but I think in terms of which stories get told, who invests in those stories, how we get paid etc. Whether Kevin Hart or whoever puts on a dress in some corny hack comedy is not what's holding us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Idris Elba's career has been very interesting to follow. The internet has wanted him to be James Bond for years and he's just like "Nah, I want to be a cartoon Echidna."

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    What has Hart done to Katt?
    Said publicly that Katt was on drugs. Katt's rebuttal was that not only was he never on drugs (he says he only prefers to drink), but why can't Hart produce people who either sold him drugs or did drugs with him.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 02-08-2024 at 02:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Kevin Hart is going to need wear bulletproof very soon with the way folks are taking shots at him.

All that being said, a lot of stuff Monique said is stuff she said on The Breakfast Club some years ago. She claims there's a recording of Tyler Perry spreading info that Monique is hard to work with which in effect torpedoed her career ("hard to work with" is a kiss of death in Hollywood). She also said that Kevin Hart helped her out with some money in the past and she paid him back with interest but when it came to time to actually work together, she was told Kevin Hart didn't want anything to do with her.

Anyway, what I will say is that (from the outside looking in) a lot of powerful black Americans are moving funny. Without even taking sides, if people feel the need to air their grievances, then they should have at it. I don't think folks holding each other accountable hurts the community at all (IMO). Although, there's a thin line between airing grievances and throwing dirt at people but whatever...
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-08-2024 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Said publicly that Katt was on drugs. Katt's rebuttal was that not only was he never on drugs (he says he only prefers to drink), but why can't Hart produce people who either sold him drugs or did drugs with him.
    Yeah I remember Hart's interview on the Breakfast Club years ago, when he said that. But it's not like he just came out of the blue talking about Katt. Katt had been throwing shade at him for quite a while before that. There's clearly some hard feelings there, and we the public may never know the true root of it.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Forget "Why Can't Hart Produce?..."

If someone is a hard drug user?

How many of them have not years, but decades without an arrest/an overdose/folks taking part in a "Tell All..."?

It's just hard to buy into that the sort of thing that he is talking about is taking place without any secrets coming to light. That is just a very real rarity when it comes to hard drugs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Kevin Hart is going to need wear bulletproof very soon with the way folks are taking shots at him.

All that being said, a lot of stuff Monique said is stuff she said on The Breakfast Club some years ago. She claims there's a recording of Tyler Perry spreading info that Monique is hard to work with which in effect torpedoed her career ("hard to work with" is a kiss of death in Hollywood). She also said that Kevin Hart helped her out with some money in the past and she paid him back with interest but when it came to time to actually work together, she was told Kevin Hart didn't want anything to do with her.

Anyway, what I will say is that (from the outside looking in) a lot of powerful black Americans are moving funny. Without even taking sides, if people feel the need to air their grievances, then they should have at it. I don't think folks holding each other accountable hurts the community at all (IMO). Although, there's a thin line between airing grievances and throwing dirt at people but whatever...
    Not when it will cost you money and gigs.

If you got enough drama and mess you are going to be left looking for work.

Because nobody really wants to deal with that when trying to promote a show or movie.

I hire Monique or Taraji P. Henson-I don't want to hear about your drama or issues with Hollywood on press junkets for MY movie.

If it's this bad-stop crying and join forces.

Nate Parker had his career ruined. He didn't cry or play victim. He took his money and started a streaming service of black content including HBCU games.

Beat them at their own game.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not when it will cost you money and gigs.

If you got enough drama and mess you are going to be left looking for work.

Because nobody really wants to deal with that when trying to promote a show or movie.

I hire Monique or Taraji P. Henson-I don't want to hear about your drama or issues with Hollywood on press junkets for MY movie.

If it's this bad-stop crying and join forces.

Nate Parker had his career ruined. He didn't cry or play victim. He took his money and started a streaming service of black content including HBCU games.

Beat them at their own game.
    Yeah, that's partially why I said that some powerful black people are moving funny.

I think at this point, they should pool their capital together and build their own platforms.

I think that's how United Artists was formed in the first place decades ago.

Well to that point, Monique is now joining Katt Williams on tour.

Ultimate Member

Like I said earlier, some prominent black people are acting funny, Kanye is perfect example.

Kanye had a very large platform with which he could build other people up, but he's recently used it to tear people down. I know Kanye has in the past really helped out some artists and even used to contribute to charitable causes but in recent years, all he's done is spread hatred. Kanye's "turn" has been very unfortunate because there was a time that he presented POVs that weren't popular with the hip-hop mainstream for a while.

If he's bi-polar like he says he is, then he has a responsibility to get himself help instead of spreading venom and hatred.

Ultimate Member

I honestly didn't hear about this game.

It's from the guys that made Vampyr, that was a pretty good AA game.

Hope this one was as good or better.