Page 543 of 826 FirstFirst ... 43443493533539540541542543544545546547553593643 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 12381
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm a sucker for superhero transformation

(screw your robert patterson lol)

So... they gonna race bend lois lane too you think?
    Probably. I suspect that like Frontier said she’ll be black and the true main character of the movie. The one who “enlightens” black Superman about his implicit misogyny and is the real key to defeating whoever the villain is. Coates has never depicted a competent leading man in his short career as a comic writer, I expect his Superman to be T’Challa and his Lois to be the garbage Midnight Angels lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-16-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Probably. I suspect that like Frontier said she’ll be black and the true main character of the movie. The one who “enlightens” black Superman about his implicit misogyny and is the real key to defeating whoever the villain is. Coates has never depicted a competent leading man in his short career as a comic writer, I expect his Superman to be T’Challa and his Lois to be the garbage Midnight Angels lol.
    You know how in the Donner superman movies Christopher Reeves' Clark Kent was kind of a bumbling doofus? I can see Coates doing that with Clark and Superman but making it ten times worse. Coates' Superman would be a well meaning fool who Lois has to reign in over and over again.

Damon Weaver, Child Reporter Who Interviewed President Barack Obama at the White House, dies at 23.

https://www.theroot.com/damon-weaver...ent-1846905349

Inca Heroine Takes Center Stage in New Video Game ‘Aluna: Sentinel of the Shards’

Based on the cult comic-book series of the same name, Aluna: Sentinel of the Shards was created by actress Paula Garcés (TV’s On My Block) and Digiart Interactive founder Antonio Hernández in response to the underrepresentation of Latinas and women in the entertainment industry.

“Aluna has long been a passion project between Antonio and I,” said Garcés in a statement. “It’s a role that means a lot to me as Aluna is more than just a ‘female superhero’. She’s strong, and nurturing, and badass, and conflicted. It’s a really juicy role! And the fact that she’s playable means that we all get to share that role together!”

The comic book and the new game follows the title character Aluna, an Inca demigod and warrior who is the daughter of a Spanish conquistador and the South American nature goddess known as Pachamama. In the story, Aluna goes on a quest during the 16th century fighting off mythological beasts and gods to restore an amulet that her mother gave her and reach her true destiny.
    https://remezcla.com/culture/inca-he...ntinel-shards/

Extraordinary Member

I figure that at least Coates understands Superman better
    than Zach Snyder because it would be impossible for him to be any worse at it than Snyder was. Snyder tried to make two movies about Superman and somehow ended up making two movies about Hyperion from Supreme Power instead.

Depending on where they intend to set it history wise, Black Superman could end up like Blue Marvel without the race hiding angle.

But I think it's going to do what your average Elseworlds comic does but in movie form. Where you take the Superman concepts, plug them into the new period/setting and go from there.

The only thing I am sure of is that the movie will have Lex Luthor in it because its ALWAYS Lex Luthor. Somebody needs to do one of those movie petitions to ask DC to stop using Lex Luthor all the damn time already.

Incredible Member

I honestly doubt this Superman project will come into fruition. Like New Gods and the Trench, it will be up in the air for a bit before they announce they canned the project and are focusing on other things.

So this Coates Superman film it seems to me, has a lot of baggage to unpack just to get ot off the ground. I want to come at this objectively best I can. I can't bash Coates overall body of work as I'm pretty unfamiliar, seems most of his most impactful pieces are essays and a couple of books and any bio of his is quick to get to the Black Panther stuff. So maybe it says something about me in that the only works of his I own are several dull ass issues of his Black Panther run, that's a red flag already. Can't speak to the Cap run but not a great deal of chatter seems to champion that either, and I visit a forum on Comic books everyday.

Anybody even read The Water Dancer? It's as close to what we'd see from the Superman project as anything else he's done. A superhuman American slave story is umm, out of my comfort level in terms of fiction suffice to say. I also don't rock with anything Oprah recommends so there's strike two.

JJ Abrhams is supposedly a producer and also this is a sequel to Man of Steel? So in this movie presumably there is still a Henry Cavil as Superman right?

The new movie is a reboot of Zack`s original 2016 superhero movie titled `Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and 2017 `Justice League. In these Henry Cavill played the character of Superman.

The upcoming movie will see a `black` superman which is being produced by Abrams with Coates writing the screenplay."I`m not really involved in any of the decision-making at Warner Brothers in any way, so I guess for me it`s just wait and see what they do with this and how it manifests itself. But on the surface, it seems interesting," Zack concluded.
    https://www.wionews.com/entertainmen...for-him-385161
    So is Superman just going be played by a different actor altogether? Does the rest of the Superman story Zach Snyder JUST FUCKIN' RE-DID not in play anymore? Or will this be a Bryan Singer Superman Returns type recast? Abrhams takes aren't really ever really original, he just shines up and polishes whatever existing property he's bringing back.

I'm not gonna fret too much over this, Ava Duvernay and King's lil' project fisseled out and that had over a year of working on, IF this gets off the ground we'll see but you just don't 'experiment' with one of Warner's biggest properties. There will be toy sales and merchandise that comes with using Superman, even if he is black. I feel any deeper than surface discussions of race using superhero IP are best served when the capes are pretty unknowns or set up to be politically charged players. HBO's Watchmen was perfect for it because the OG was set up that way. Just had representations of those characters speak to a different set of circumstances. I liked it til I didn't but whatever. Coates seems to be a really green writer in terms of comics and now a screenplay? Does he really think he'll get over some next level ideas, about whatever he thinks can be said, under this guise of prolly the worlds most recognizable superhero?

I'm not as pissy about changing an actor, who in terms of racial background is different than what was on the comic page. Live action is different, the story with said white dude will always be there but I feel using one of these other characters can lend to some broader story telling that you are not confined to using Kal-El. I don't think that's wrong, the movies alter the books at the point so what's wrong with using another Kryptonian protagonist without having the ties to the one everybody knows? Again, my feeling is, I doubt this even happens. **** that Joker movie, I don't feel this project should have any comparisons to whatever that was supposed to be in terms of character use. That seems cheap to me.

IF this is what Coates want's to be a tentpole of his career, he sure was bad at it out the gate with Black Panther, cause in the end that story said NOTHING. And NOBODY had to become Black in that setting. His action is bad and this was a comic book so how is there any hope that this is the guy who will be taking dozens of studio notes on a daily basis over a Superman story. I feel this brotha is outfoxing himself right now so I doubt this even goes to much forward.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I guess it would interesting that they aren't kids anymore.

EXCLUSIVE:The aliens are back on the block. A decade after Attack the Block achieved sci-fi cult status and launched the career of its star John Boyega, Studiocanal, Film4, Complete Fiction Pictures & UpperRoom Productions are moving forward with Attack the Block 2 with Boyega locked to return as Moses.

Joe Cornish is writing and directing the sequel, and he will produce with Boyega (through his UpperRoom Productions banner), Nira Park (through the new Complete Fiction banner she has formed with Cornish and Edgar Wright) and James Wilson. The four teamed to make the original film.
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I honestly doubt this Superman project will come into fruition. Like New Gods and the Trench, it will be up in the air for a bit before they announce they canned the project and are focusing on other things.
    Here is an FYI for everybody...

AT & T's deal with Discovery INCLUDES a certain network. Oprah Winfrey Network is majority owned by Discovery.

So you have the network that currently employs Ava and Michael G Jordan. DC now has a network to put black content that will actually reach black folks.

If we don't get a Black Superman movie-he might have a home for a black Superman tv show.

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/icarly-revi...acks-from-fans

The cast of Paramount+'s iCarly revival has come out against online racist attacks after one of the series' actresses reveals being a target.

A Black Lady Sketch Show star Laci Mosley, who will play Carly's (Miranda Cosgrove) friends in the series, has released an online video talking about the attacks she has received for playing Laci, who fans have surmised is replacing Jennette McCurdy's character (and Carly's best friend) Sam from the original series.

"I'm not replacing Sam. Jennette McCurdy is a very wonderful person. I've never met her, but it's no shade. Get the f--- out of my comments with this f---ing racist a--- bulls---. You will be blocked and you will never see me again, honey," she said in the video.

The iCarly team, including Nickelodeon's parent company, ViacomCBS, have lent their voices to quelling the racism, releasing a statement asking fans to not cyberbully any of the actors.

The amount of hatred shown towards Mosley and the cast in general is largely nonsensical since McCurdy has publicly stated how she wouldn't return to acting and specifically talked about her time with iCarly as a source of embarrassment for her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Ok.. now Gal Gadot has chosen to speak up about Joss Whedon’s behavior.

Why didn’t she speak out for the DURING THE MONTHS that Ray Fisher got his ass dragged. Seriously, that young man was made to a look a fool when most of what he said has turned out to be true. I guess these celebrities only speak out when it’s convenient for them to do so and not necessarily when it’s the right thing to do.

Gadot is a much bigger star than Fisher and her words would have carried a lot more weight than his. It’s really frustrating that all this is coming out AFTER the release of the Snyder cut and AFTER all of Joss Whedon’s rubbish has been made public. As an aside, that Whedon guy is such an utter a complete piece of trash that I’m surprised it took this long for people to speak out against him.
    Speaking of Joss Whedon..... Has anyone watched a currently ongoing tv series he created called THE NEVERS?

Its a VERY superb series, but Whedon was kicked off it's production after he did the 1st two episodes but retains his credit as creator and executive producer after the reveals of cast members on his former projects spoke out from Ray Fisher to the cast of Buffy.

But for real though, putting Whedon aside.......the tv show is damn good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I guess it would interesting that they aren't kids anymore.
    Awesome-sauce... They should really dig in and no disappoint.

Have y'all seen Without Remorse yet? What are your thoughts?

Also that Love, Death and Robots season 2 eepisode Starring Michael B Jordan in hyper-realism cg was superb... Would love to see more of that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

IF this is what Coates want's to be a tentpole of his career, he sure was bad at it out the gate with Black Panther, cause in the end that story said NOTHING. And NOBODY had to become Black in that setting. His action is bad and this was a comic book so how is there any hope that this is the guy who will be taking dozens of studio notes on a daily basis over a Superman story. I feel this brotha is outfoxing himself right now so I doubt this even goes to much forward.
    Coates is "writing" this but what happens when he produces his script and then the suites start cutting it to pieces with their ideas?

He doesn't have the status to tell them to **** off... so will he fight back? Give up? Compromise? Or will the project just die?

Coates worked with about zero industry people with his black panther and captain america crap. It is all self contained... he carries no ideas over from anyone else and the rest of the writers seem to ignore what he is doing as well. the only time he ever "worked with" other writers... they were all literary people like him and "friends." All the various spin offs from the Coates Era were his journalist buddies. They were not other comic writers.

Remeber when he went to the Marvel Writer retreat and told everyone that killing Rhodey during CWII was bad optics? And what happened... they ignored him lol.

He is a rookie script writer... they are going to send in someone to help him. This isn't cheap ass comic books... this is the big leagues. Millions are at stake.

The chances this gets off the ground arne't very high
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Awesome-sauce... They should really dig in and no disappoint.

Have y'all seen Without Remorse yet? What are your thoughts?

Also that Love, Death and Robots season 2 eepisode Starring Michael B Jordan in hyper-realism cg was superb... Would love to see more of that story.
    I didn't think Without Remorse was great. It was too cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates is "writing" this but what happens when he produces his script and then the suites start cutting it to pieces with their ideas?
    You reached TC's voicemail, leave a message.

BEEEEP

'Heyy Tahnah, Tashai, Tanihashi soo we got some feedback notes from the flashback sequence that's not gonna play with our Chinese distribution, it's a bitch I know. Actually all of it, call me back, we're scheduling the re-write session for this weekend. Thanks!'
    You bet yer ass.